Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I know Im going to regret this

+2
milspec6
Devon07
6 posters

Go down

I know Im going to regret this Empty I know Im going to regret this

Post by Devon07 Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm turning work away because I wont do more jobs in a day....I only want two to three a day depending on size and the calls are hitting strong......when they learn they are two weeks out they get discouraged.....I had a lady cancel because of a little rain and as it cleared about an hour later she called and wanted back on the books....I said I gave her spot to a pending account and she can have the next appointment three Monday's away.....she was mad and acted like I owed her a new sunny day! lol sheeesh! I can do more jobs but don't want to book heavy for "me" if it was summer and my son was out of school....it may be possible to do 4+ solid jobs a day. This seems to backfire when I tell them I am booked....they want me even more, they have even offered to pay extra for weekend work. I'm fighting the urge. This is work that is after Thanksgiving....I am aware of the normal holiday rush but this is different.....they are making appointments for spring already! I have 6 spring jobs booked. Are any of you going through this? The more I tell them no the more they whimper! I know price will slow them down but Im also thinking I may have some slow winter time too. IDK!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

I know Im going to regret this Empty Re: I know Im going to regret this

Post by Devon07 Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:41 pm

It's to the point when they call to get a date on the books and as I'm searching for an open slot they are commonly saying things like..."We will move everything" "We will vacuum" we will we will we will as if I'm going to get em in earlier.....I don't mean to sound rude about it but its not about moving furniture! lol

One guy actually said, if you cant do it by next Tuesday I will call your competitor! as if I was supposed to panic! I said I think you should call him then because I'm booked pass that date....he paused and then said ...Well, whats the soonest? LOL LOL I told him and he booked! this is crazy you guys. They arent asking prices on about 50% of the calls....the ones asking are just curious and okay with price......I did have a special and my focus with it was to make awareness with my company and for them to see my work. The special is NOT what is atracting them ....only a very few want the deal I threw out.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Sounds like you need to hire some people......and fast. Winter will be here very soon and those schedules might not return for awhile.

I normally get crushed this time of year and took this week off from work to take advantage of it, but the weather has been so bad that everyone that did have a date, cancelled and the others aren't calling.

It is low 40's with high winds and rain all this week and people are getting depressed and sick everywhere. Forecast has it barely breaking freezing during the day for the next 5 days at least.....probably for the next 5 months as well. Mad

I envy you and your situation.....get some people trained up and on the truck.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Just push it to 4 per day for a couple of weeks two small jobs and two bigger ones. You can do it!
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 am

Hire a hose helping jockey asap lol that will speed you up.

also like every big business out there that has a board room and thinkers on the clock.... when demand is high, raise prices.

if they dont ask over the phone just charge your premium rates since your in demand.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Funny that you posted that AC, I just gave an estimate on a small commercial that I really didn't feel like doing. It is only about 600 square feet, but it is pretty soil impacted so I told them $350......they countered with $300 and I agreed.

I was pleasantly surprised, almost feel guilty, but it is winter and it will still suck working nights in what will likely be well below freezing conditions.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Someone is on a roll !!! Very Happy
Echoing what everyone said I would hire someone part time, that someone has to be someone you can trust though since we are going into customer's homes and their bedrooms.

I hardly schedule that far in advance, I rarely schedule even a week in advance, usually most of my customers want it done yesterday, lol.
That being said, I am really busy this week, that's why I haven't been posting much Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:54 pm

DP...thats why Im so puzzled. I dont understand the "staying with me" after a week or better waiting period. Im thinking my guess was dead on, the service prior to me was just terrible and a big reason Im back in. I finished early today and called two customers and did more than I told myself I would do. I may do it again Monday and Tuesday. Im as busy as I want to be up until Dec 9th at this point. Im trying to do a couple later in the day to have my son help.....works a little better.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomer Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:53 am

ACpower1 wrote:Hire a hose helping jockey asap lol   that will speed you up.  

Absolutely.

Even only having someone to perform the simplest of tasks could easily shave several hours off any day, and make your life sooooOOO much easier.

I am glad to have a couple of out-of-work buddies and a young nephew always willing to put a couple of extra bucks in their pockets to be my bitch for a day, especially now around the holidays.

Goomer
Goomer
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:00 am

Hired a fireman....he has a week on then a week off....that week off I can beef it up. He has gotten me work too, He knows many people and has earned me more than he cost so far...lol I cleaned his house and he said, if you need any help every other week let me know! I realized he would be good when I didnt pull hose (he already did) he rolled hose (firemen roll them fast!) he was just all around handy and was the customer.....I used him for three days and he loves it....its worth the help and he says he likes to do something to stay busy...its not about money for him.....but he's done pretty good.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 am

Fireman always have time off, good choice. My guys all work 3 on 3 off at their jobs, so they have lots of flexibility and enjoy making a few bucks.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down