Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

You ever regret agreeing to do a job?

+10
ODIN
SixShooter
francisco p
REALCLEAN
gtech12v
tom676
ACpower1
Davey Cracker
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Mo
14 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

You ever regret agreeing to do a job? Empty You ever regret agreeing to do a job?

Post by Mo Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:23 pm

So I schedule a job the lady says she has a few pee stains on a hall and steps. I get to the appointment and I'm greeted by 2 St Bernards. There's pee stains everywhere. I recommend that she replace the carpet and of course we've all hear it, " Please just do the best you can, I'm not expecting miracles"  affraid 

What's the nastiest job you regretted doing?

I recall an appointment were the guy opened the door and there was cat crap everywhere.  The odor blew me back out the door. And get this the occupant was eating soup when I got there. I don't know how he could even eat in that filth.

I refused the job and called an installer to remove the carpet. The installer said he went through a couple of respirator filters and had urine running down his arms while he was ripping up the carpet. He asked that I never send him anything like that again Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

You ever regret agreeing to do a job? Empty Re: You ever regret agreeing to do a job?

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Big dog=big puddle. Been there; there were literally big puddles all over. And lots of flies. Politely refferred to a competitor.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

You ever regret agreeing to do a job? Empty Re: You ever regret agreeing to do a job?

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Never agree to anything over the phone, except you'll come out to inspect job and give a quote.  wink 

No Surprises!!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:14 pm

We got called to a urine nasty like 10 months ago, it was really bad. He had lakes in all the rooms downstairs, then a fat little aggressive bug jumped on my arm. Looked like a tick but a little different

House was in an upper middle class neighborhood, like higher end cookie cutters

turned out the bug was a bed bug, we gtfo
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tom676 Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 am

If its just crazy with urine I just refuse them. I always recommend replacement.

tom676

Back to top Go down

Post by gtech12v Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 am

You must inspect the carpet with a meter and UV light always take pictures and have the costumer sign a contract specifies the condition of the carpet and the results expected the most important thing price the job right.

gtech12v
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:40 pm

gtech12v wrote:...........the most important thing price the job right.

Exactly!!Which can't be done unless you can see/inspect the job!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I guess I'm the only one Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 pm

I've done a couple of suicide clean ups. Waaaaaay worse than cat pee! The smell of rotting human flesh stays in your nose for months.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by francisco p Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

I do pet urine often but always inspect and give clients a pair or glasses to show the stains, and tell that if is not treated the odor could a lot stronger but if they do not want to pay for treatment and only want a lite cleaning refuse to clean or they will complain about odor and try to get it done for free.

francisco p

http://www.pulidoscc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 am

Mo wrote:So I schedule a job the lady says she has a few pee stains on a hall and steps. I get to the appointment and I'm greeted by 2 St Bernards. There's pee stains everywhere. I recommend that she replace the carpet and of course we've all hear it, " Please just do the best you can, I'm not expecting miracles"  affraid 

What's the nastiest job you regretted doing?

I recall an appointment were the guy opened the door and there was cat crap everywhere.  The odor blew me back out the door. And get this the occupant was eating soup when I got there. I don't know how he could even eat in that filth.

I refused the job and called an installer to remove the carpet. The installer said he went through a couple of respirator filters and had urine running down his arms while he was ripping up the carpet. He asked that I never send him anything like that again Very Happy

Worst house:

Meth lab. We were sent there by the parents who had no idea what was going on in there.

Check bounced.

FYI: My guys did it. Had I known I would have told them to walk away.
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:19 pm

scary, they could have died from getting certain substances wet that are used when meth making is going on.

Thats why sometimes they completely excavate those properties, and even the earth around them
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Lol actually I once did a hotel for a Patel and they paid me 15.00 per room. I bet the method lab clean up guys make money didn't know some places needed to be escavated
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Meth lab clean-up guys used to make lots of money...I was one of them. I say used to since the housing market really hurt that business. It costs a lot to remediate a meth house and with the glut of vacant homes, they just started hitting them with the bulldozer instead.

There are still a couple of national companies travelling around doing that work, but they are eating more macaroni and cheese these days then the bacon and shark steak sandwiches they used to eat.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:57 pm

ODIN wrote:any job i have done for a Patel

laughing 
Thank God I don't see much Patels in my area  laughing 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ( miller ) gerry Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:46 am

1 year old yellow carpet and 7 chiuwawas. With no promises and doing the best I could, custy said actual color was white. Worst odor ever. She could not even smell it. Took an hour to clean equipment and then shower and threw cloths out.

( miller ) gerry
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.gemscarpetcleaningplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 am

Oh my 7 chiwawas they are the worst, Threw the clothes out Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:10 pm

( miller ) gerry wrote:1 year old yellow carpet and 7 chiuwawas.   With no promises and doing the best I could, custy said actual color was white.  Worst odor ever.  She could not even smell it. Took an hour to clean equipment and then shower and threw cloths out.

wow, I hope it's not abercrombie and fitch clothes, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaBeast Fri May 09, 2014 4:11 pm

ODIN wrote:any job i have done for a Patel

LOL, You forgot Chong and Lee

ThaBeast

http://monsterclean.us

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 pm

went to a house we did last year around this time. There was a living room that I refused last year because of too much urine.

There was a border of about 1ft around the edges that wasnt pee the entire middle was a lake of urine. Old retriever was pissing in there every time it needed to go.

Her son drives a pimped out WRX with turbos etc, her daughter has a brand new Outback

The house is big with 4 car garage, they drive a benz

I went back this year she called again and I could not believe my eyes the lake was STILL there!!

I told her I will not clean any carpet in her house and said that the lake is a serious health hazard over long term exposure, hepatitis, respiratory problems, etc etc

I didnt sugar coat it this time like last year, I said "I can smell urine when I am standing on your porch, your nose is adjusted to it, but it is really bad I wouldnt stay in here more than a few minutes unless I had a respirator. your risking the health of your family"

She said "im not going to install new carpet when my dog is still old"

I said "you have a situation that is equal to a septic back up in your home and your breathing the air every day, that living room is like an outhouse... just get someone from craigslist to come rip it out and put a tarp down for now"

This is the funniest part, she said "Im not going to have a tarp in my living room that would look terrible!"

I can only compare this ladys reactions to someone being told to stop hoarding.... its was like she was psychologically attached to the urine in some wierd way.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down