Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

One of today's

+2
milspec6
Devon07
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

One of today's - Page 2 Empty Re: One of today's

Post by GBCC Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Lol. Water first....got it!
GBCC
GBCC

http://Greatbaycarpetcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:40 pm

milspec6 wrote:Just make sure that you add it to the mix and not the other way around.  If you add it to the sprayer and THEN add hot water......you will end up with a volcano instead of a sprayer.

The first time that I tried it was on a small stain when I started and forgot my actual stain kit.  I threw a scoop into a plastic pitcher and then added 200 degree water right off the machine.

I could have made a snow man out of happened next and it didn't stop for 30 minutes.  Embarassed  

I looked like a complete idiot, but I doubt I was the first nor the last to make that mistake.

That was nothing compare to what my wife did many many years ago, we worked together one day and she didn't ask me how to mix it, she mixed it the way you did and shook the gallon hard, open the cap and it popped right on her face, thank God she's not blind from it, I told her to rinse her face with clean water for 10 minutes, we can laugh about it now when we remembered that Shocked
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:08 pm

haha happened to me too..   boom in the face!   lol

I mix the water after but have a good amount of experience with the product and know how hot is too hot.  

Basically most homes the hottest tap water is not enough to make it expand and volcano,   but any water from the TM and you wont have a liquid pre spray anymore so its useless.  

130f  is about the max,      so if I do fill from hot water at the TM I make sure theres some cold water or old pre spray already in the jug.    

If you fill it with cold water youll need to triple your dwell time to like 45min or more and still doesnt work as good.    

They always say never run these products in a sprayer,   but thats just because of the explosion factor...    the inline sprayers have a vented cap and it still will blow in your face if shaken..

if someone took a pump up sprayer and super hot water then shook,   it would be pretty dangerous

so never use OSR in a pump sprayer Great Bay,   the oxygen does need somewhere to go
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm

AC...what is your typical mix for the general pre-spray....then when you boost it with OSR how much are you boosting with? if you dont mind telling. Wink

Im thrilled with it but not a 100% so that I toss my other products...I like to have a mix up going on for various jobs....like the ones who cant afford the "Premium" so to speak.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Scott, if you are serving both sides of the market ( which I don't have anything against of ), you should have something in high PH in your van, like Blitz ( Hydra master product I believe ? ) or firestorm, that way you're not spending a lot of times spotting, however those products will strip the protection in some carpets, e.g. stainmaster, 3M, etc.
Those products mixed strong can strip almost anything, lol.
One of today's - Page 2 20151211
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Devon07 wrote:AC...what is your typical mix for the general pre-spray....then when you boost it with OSR how much are you boosting with? if you dont mind telling. Wink

Im thrilled with it but not a 100% so that I toss my other products...I like to have a mix up going on for various jobs....like the ones who cant afford the "Premium" so to speak.

every job is a bit different but always 2 scoups of Miracle at least for brightening and just in case I didnt see a coffee stain or light pee spot on the walk through.  

Our main 2 pre sprays right now are Procyon powder for lighter to medium soil (even though it can handle some nasty)  

for the really dirty ones we carry Bio-Break with citri solv, for ultra leather like commercial grease then Flex with citri solv its similar to Bio but 12pH

So one example is a ground floor condo I did last week,    renters were spilling ash trays all over the carpet,  tracking grease everywhere   and it hadnt been cleaned in probably 6-7 years of them living there.      

Basically oily food spots,   ground in cig butt scum,   ash tray scum   all over the carpet.. probably 3000 stains in 3 rooms.    

So I mix 5-6 scoups of bio break,   2 scoups of miracle.       Pre treat just slightly more thorough but no blasting just slow fanning.

crank the heat to max (theres no carpet warranty here)    and then slow 360 passes,     just about never takes more than 1 slow flushing pass.      Dry passes the water is just cascading in the site tube,   not much excess at all.      

Then I turn the rinse off on the machine,    for really nasties we run no rinse and stronger pre spray.      This is something I learned relatively recent from talking a lot with Scott W. in Pms on another forum.  

Water only has so much "room" to act as a vessel for contaminants and chemicals.       So when pre spray is very concentrated using no rinse leaves a lot more "room" in the water to remove soils and scum.  

This makes an enormous difference in re soiling,    spots returning,   and taking a super nasty carpet back to a fresh clean carpet.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Perfect...good info. I was confused that someone was using the OSR as a boost or something. I guess they were saying they boost the OSR up a little more or something of the sort. Anyway, that sounds like it would get up anything.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Devon07 wrote:Perfect...good info. I was confused that someone was using the OSR as a boost or something. I guess they were saying they boost the OSR up a little more or something of the sort. Anyway, that sounds like it would get up anything.

Miracle is basically OSR......use it to boost prespray nearly all the time.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2