Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Today went from nothing to ninety!

+3
dp1
Mo
Devon07
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Today went from nothing to ninety!   Empty Today went from nothing to ninety!

Post by Devon07 Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:12 pm

I have been booked up until Christmas, January has great jobs booked all over it but not filling any one week yet....this morning I had one estimate to do and that was it!....before the day ended I did two water damages and Scheduled a good cleaning job for tomorrow. I extracted 3 inches of water out of a basement 20x26 and worked another water damage in an empty house....this one will take three days to dry out I'm sure....it has 6 air movers and two dehus running. I did notice how the estimate that I did sensed my being busy and jumped when I said I couldn't do it until next week or possibly tomorrow....they snagged tomorrow before knowing price....I quoted price and before I could say anything they asked about Scotch-guard. Its a sweet job and they are moving everything that needs moved. I might add we had some of that huge storm go through that Dallas got hammered with...Im thinking we got 8 inched of rain or so.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Today went from nothing to ninety!   Empty Re: Today went from nothing to ninety!

Post by Mo Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

Job came at a perfect time. Still slow here and just the way I like it this time of year
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Today went from nothing to ninety!   Empty Re: Today went from nothing to ninety!

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:07 pm

I got tons of price shoppers and small job calls in the past 2 days, typical for this time of year, people are broke after buying holiday gifts and booze and just want to do 1 room or even 2 - 3 spots and when I tell them my minimum charge, they back away slowly.
Nonetheless did 3 jobs yesterday and made well over $ 1000 Very Happy
Have 3 jobs today and 5 jobs tomorrow, nothing yet for Thursday, will close Friday until next Tuesday, going to San Francisco, brrrr, not excited thinking about the temperature, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Man, those stories make me hate this area. I had a few people call asking for the living room only, but the minimum chases them off.

Traditionally, this is the end of the residential cleaning period until April around here. Commercial still exists, but they slow way down after New Years as well. Basically, things get very quiet and uncomfortable for a couple of months.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm

You know...Im pretty firm on my minimum but when its a customer of mine I erase that....I also tell them that because they are being loyal and calling me again I wont use my minimum....its like securing the customer. I did tell someone once why my minimum was cheaper for his mom...lol LOYALTY!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:33 pm

I understand waiving the minimum for loyal customers, but this time of year it isn't worth it for me. Once I warm up the van, load up, drive to clean that one room, drive back, unload, and winterize, I would lose money every time.

If I was already out cleaning in that area, that would be different, but my van doesn't leave the driveway unless there is a minimum gain.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Yesterday, books 4 or 5.
Today: did part 1 of a church. Part 2 tomorrow. Almost called my son to come down and bring a gurney; when I was done. Ouch is an understatement. The last 1000sf was the hardest.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Matt...This is what keeps you young.

Rob...I understand. Im always out though. When you go full time that will come into play...dont get me wrong the last thing you want to do is discredit your time and work. Make it clear what you are doing.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

So, the sweet job I did today snowballed! I did this job to impress...it did. My text just said you did my son in laws carpet today and I want mine done. I texted back and said when...she said ASAP...Thursday I do it. I asked if she wanted me to quote it...she said nope!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Devon07 wrote:Matt...This is what keeps you young.

Rob...I understand. Im always out though. When you go full time that will come into play...dont get me wrong the last thing you want to do is discredit your time and work. Make it clear what you are doing.

I understand, this is one of the major flaws to running a business part-time, I just don't have the same flexibility. It is also the reason that I will resign from the day job this April.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:06 pm

I think its a solid decision. Then you can cut back to 12 hour days. lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:07 am

Good for you Rob.I think you're making the right decision.I can't even imagine the type of success you'll have in this biz when you're actually putting all of your time and energy in to it. You're going to kick yourself in the ass for not doing it sooner.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:18 am

I saw an old photo of myself skydiving and I was reminded how much I feared heights, yet I bailed out of that plane anyway....never regretted that big step out of the door.

I guess the same applies to business, you have to focus on the potential instead of the fear in order to step out that door.

Of course skydiving came with a reserve chute in case you made the wrong decision. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:20 am

Yeahbibwould highly reccomend a reserve chute.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Okay Rob...up until skydiving I had you pegged as a smart guy. Snap out of it
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:08 pm

You didn't see the condition of the plane.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Good point Rob....you may have saved yourself. Suspect Suspect
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:06 pm

It said "Mytee" on the side of it.....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:07 pm

lol....I got my Flash Cuffs today I for starters im impressed...they fit tight and click off and on....we'll see how they wear.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:28 pm

The concept isn't bad, but I don't know well they age. I haven't read any glaring endorsements over the years, but I haven't used them so it is just scuttle on my part.

Keep us posted on how they age.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:30 am

staying pretty steady here,   holidays are always pretty busy so many people panic

did a job today...     guys dog charges me in the hallway while we are doing the walkthrough growling,   I stuck my hand out so he could smell and said hey is your dog safe?

he says oh ya shes wont do a thing and I asked him to keep her secure somewhere,   so he brings her into the other part of the house

after I finish the first room the dog charges down the hallway growling at me again,   I said can you please secure your dog somewhere I dont think she like the noise

finally I am done and packed up,    I go to the door and hand him business cards...     dog creeps over looking super aggressive then before I even know it the thing latches on to my forearm and bit the sh!t out of me

I looked at the guy and said "get ur f-ing dog the f off of me!"     thing left 2 puncture holes and a big bruise,   I think she bruised my bone too

didnt even think about hitting the dog,   but I was about 2 seconds from laying out my customer no joke.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:51 am

That same thing happened to me last Spring right in front of the owner, surprised the crap out of me. I also threatened to kick the crap out of the owner.

I don't trust dogs any longer that take any kind of aggressive posture. Unless it wanders over fully docile, I demand it be removed from the house or I drive away.

I hope it had up to date shot records and VERY apologetic owner.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:13 am

Pull the vac hose off and stick it on the dog....it's a new game for the dog! lol Sucks you got bit...wonder what the customer is thinking about now?

Never do that to a cat....because it becomes a new game for everyone!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Dogs, cats, snakes....even got attacked by a parrot once.

I find that the pets all take after their owners, so if you are working for a jerk, mind the animals as well and don't turn your back on either one.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:31 pm

ya wasnt the dogs fault. some people feel the need to get a dog, yet they lock it up all day long and yell at it constantly, never give it any stimulation/exercise and wonder why it doesnt listen to them.

just doesnt make sense to me, what purpose does this dog have for you.

a really well trained dog is a treat to be around which I really realized after getting my new puppy from the breeder who trains personal protection Cane Corsos

These dogs will love you to death or tear you apart, which ever the owner chooses and they obey indefinitely

I called last night to make sure the dog was up to date on all its shots, the mom of the house who wasnt there during the cleaning was very sorry and faxed over all the vet records to me.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next