Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Finally won against shipping company

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Finally won against shipping company Empty Finally won against shipping company

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:00 am

I bought myself a late birthday present...a new guitar amp. Not just any amp, but a dream amp and had it shipped from Texas. I only have this day off for the next 10 days, so if I missed the delivery, I would have been seriously disappointed.

So, I nailed a motion sensor to the tree in my front yard and aimed it at the curb. Then I placed another one at the entry to my driveway. Both of them sound a chime in my office. I was not about to miss the delivery ninja this time. Razz

About 10 minutes ago, the sensor went off and I went running downstairs for the door. When I stepped onto the porch, the driver was already filling out the "delivery attempt nobody home" slip half way across the yard. He saw me and said "Oh, you are home"? I wonder what special power he has that allows him to know that without ringing the door bell? I mean, there are 3 vehicles in the driveway and the lights are on with a stereo playing loudly.....I guess those aren't clues these days.

Anyway, he had to change his gizmo to show that delivery was made and then return to the truck. The kicker is that the box wasn't even at the ready for delivery. It was still tucked under the shelves behind about a dozen other boxes that had to be moved around to gain access. I don't think he had much intention of delivering that package. Razz

Oh well, I have it know and the grin on my face is a mile long.

The only sad part is that I purchased it at a HUGE discount from a guy who really didn't want to sell it, but was diagnosed with cancer and needed the money during his chemo treatments. We agreed on price prior to me finding out about his situation and I actually feel bad about the cheap price now.

For those interested, it is the Lindy Fralin model VVT amplifier and it is awesome. Expensive new and this one is only 2 months old and under warranty for 10 years. I hope the guy pulls through and recovers.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Finally won against shipping company Empty Re: Finally won against shipping company

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:06 am

Fralin Amp compared to vintage Fender (one on the right)

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Finally won against shipping company Empty Re: Finally won against shipping company

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:10 am

Change in career?
Time to hit the road jack, don't ya come back no more, no more..

And I'd report that sob driver for his fraudulent activity. The customers didn't deserve that.

Last edited by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:23 am

My playing skill is light years behind this amp's quality, believe me. It is like a 70 year old man in a Ferrari driving 35 in a 75.

Ten year warranty, so maybe I will catch up by then. Razz
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Nice, I'm glad you finally caught that slimy bastard! laughing

I guess that explains why he isn't making a fair attempt, because packages arn't placed in truck in order of delivery, so he's not digging threw 10 to get to yours is what it sounds like.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:42 pm

We had a "talk"....hopefully, he got my point.

The box was pretty large and weighed about 65 lbs., so I think he was just hoping to make me come down and pick it up. Dude was in his late 20's and not small either, just lazy.

We will see how UPS does Friday....they have a 1966 Fender Bassman for me. Long story....very long story.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Dave is right, the base didn't pack the truck correctly, I actually had the experience to be in the UPS base a few years ago to pick up my Everest hp 650, I had to wait about 30 - 45 minutes for them to clear the paperwork, I was AMAZED with how these people work, they were super organized and HIGHLY efficient, between unloading the 18 wheeler on the left side of the base and loading the delivery trucks lining up on the right side, I don't know how they do it !!

Your guitar skills are really good !!
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:38 pm

That security training came in handy Rob Very Happy

I don't think that was Rob playing  DP but I might be wrong. Hopefully he'll give us a a little sample of his guitar playing skills soon. I have always wanted to play but I have small hands that would get arthritic after a coupe of minutes
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:45 pm

No, that wasn't me in the video. I'm not too far removed from that performance, but it wasn't me.

I'm trying to become "Guitar George" rather than a lead player. At this point, I can play 26 chords cleanly from memory with about 3 strum patterns.

Not exactly Clapton, but not a bad start really. As for a little playing, maybe soon that will happen.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down