Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

TI Challenger Swivel Wand !!

+2
ACpower1
dp1
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TI Challenger Swivel Wand !! - Page 2 Empty Re: TI Challenger Swivel Wand !!

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:03 pm

A bolt/plug threaded into the end of manifold for flushing?.........I hope not, or that would be, well never mind! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:12 am

Those threaded holes are for the curb feelers. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:30 am

Or you could put a sharp head bolt in there and the wand can be used as a weapon against a vicious customers or their pet's attack Shocked
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:36 am

dp1 wrote:Or you could put a sharp head bolt in there and the wand can be used as a weapon against a vicious customers or their pet's attack Shocked

Orrrrrrrrr, maybe they could be used connect the manifolds together, if they were reversed, like I was talking about before.........to eliminate the one into two split and it's fittings, that just add excess weight. Cool
Are the threaded holes 1/8" pipe threads?.......and does it look like the manifolds would be interchangeable from right to left??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:05 pm

The manifold is actually built in to the head, pretty cool design, I'll take a picture later, the only downside is the jets angle is not adjustable because of it.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:45 pm

url=https://servimg.com/view/18915465/45]TI Challenger Swivel Wand !! - Page 2 20160313[/url]
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:47 pm

It is angled pretty close to the vac slot, unless if you have an extremely soiled carpets, it'll work just fine, even then at that situation if you just crank the pressure up a bit, it should accommodate the lack of manifold adjustments, which what I do even with adjustable manifold, I never re adjust mine on my pmf ti.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:19 pm

I thought you could uprade to bumper guards
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:35 pm

dp1 wrote:url=https://servimg.com/view/18915465/45]TI Challenger Swivel Wand !! - Page 2 20160313[/url]

Okay, I'm out....not my kind of wand. I don't like the jet set-up at all. It is creative, but I don't want the manifold integrated into the head like that and the inner jets looked like they may get fan breakup from the tube.

Seriously, the tube gap is the same way that PMF Ti wands started out and it left a cleaning gap down the middle. They said that it didn't, but mine displayed a gap. You didn't notice it so much as far a streaking, but when you trieded to melt out some gum you had to move the wand over to use the outer jets. To me, that told me a gap did exist.

What happens if the manifold tucked away in the head starts to leak or suffers freeze damage? Will you see the leak and how do you get to it for repairs?

Not to throw stones, but I don't like it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Damn, I'm with Rob on this one, and really disappointed to see it designed like that.

I think I'm out on this one too, from what I'm seeing now. Bummer, looks like a poor design to me, also.........and maybe only noticeable to us dinosaurs that have been around too long. laughing ......meaning a lot of guys buying it might just not know any better.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:01 pm

He could have saved some weight using braided hoses instead of the hydraulic hoses on there. Hydraulic hose is pretty heavy compared to a braided.

I wouldn't throw it off the truck or anything, but it will not be next wand.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:41 pm

IKR!!

I've never understood his choice in hoses, especially on a so called "light weight wand".

I've tried to make suggestions for improvements, but don't see that it's helped. And I thought that was the point of putting it in cleaners hands, to get feed back on how things could be improved.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:48 pm

DP, it looks like the swivel might be ABS Plastic (the black part that the tube slides into), is that what it is?............looks a lot like an ABS reducer to me in that picture. cyclops

Or maybe it's a vinyl hose cuff, that provides swivel resistance?

And lastly, maybe I have no clue by looking at that pic, which is probably the case. laughing

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:54 pm

The problem with that feedback system is that so few will give an honest opinion. Since about 10 years ago, cleaners have become more interested in trying to make a buck by endorsing products instead.

What sucks is that wand designers are building tools based on too little or too calculated feedback from the field. Money is wasted in the process and both sides miss out on true innovation.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:29 pm

I really like that the new bentley wand has adjustable flow right on the wand.

you can use less in cleaner rooms and have them dry super fast, then crank it up when you run into heavier soil or problem spots
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:00 pm

I haven't played with the new Bentley, but I like what you describe with adjustable flow.

Davey, I thought that collar looked like a turbo silicone exhaust sleeve to help seal up the gap between the head and the tube. I might have guessed wrong as well though.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:21 pm

LOL

Who knows what it is, but things always look so much different in pictures.

The adjustable flow on Bentley is a great idea, and I'm thinking probably not much more than a nettle valve up by the regular trigger valve?.........if not, it seems like one could be easily adapted to any wand.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:15 am

milspec6 wrote:The problem with that feedback system is that so few will give an honest opinion.  Since about 10 years ago, cleaners have become more interested in trying to make a buck by endorsing products instead.

What sucks is that wand designers are building tools based on too little or too calculated feedback from the field.  Money is wasted in the process and both sides miss out on true innovation.

Well, this is the main thing that I'd like to clear first, when I went to pick this wand up, Tony had told me that someone that own the other major forum had asked Tony to send him a free wand in exchange for feedbacks, I'm not going to speculate or assume on what kind of feedbacks will be given on free wand that's worth $ 800 or more ? but you all know what happened in the past, accusations were thrown, people were banned, etc, nothing comes out good in my opinion, this forum don't have to be named anything "honest" in it as long as it's members stay true to their opinions / feedbacks.
That being said, I didn't get this wand for free nor at a discount nor did I purchase it, heck I don't even know how much this wand cost, lol. Tony knows what kind of a person I am, I helped him answer some questions in the past in how to make products better, naturally I'm a person that will answer questions as honest as possible and stay true to myself and others.
Rob, I know you weren't talking about me in your comment but I feel that needs to be cleared up.
I will let you guys know at the end if I will be buying the wand or not Very Happy

Last edited by dp1 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:27 am

I agreed with Rob regarding the manifold, I like the design but when it leaks, I don't think there is a way to weld it or fix it, I didn't think of this prior to you mentioning it.
Regarding the solution line, I actually like that hose better than the hydraulic hose because the regular hose retains heat better due to the rubber insulating the metal braided inside.
I agreed with Dave regarding eliminating the hardware to make it lighter, I have mentioned this to Tony too a couple of times.
That black thing is not a plastic, it's a thin vinyl to cover the swivel that connects to the wand, the swivel itself looks like aluminum, and if I'm not mistaken Tony put a long warranty on the swivel, not sure how long, but he's very confident of the swivel not failing.
The gap that Rob is talking about like in Prochem ti, I haven't noticed any streaks, but to be fair, I haven't cleaned a super dirty carpets with it, so until then I can't say for sure about possible streaks. However with my prochem ti, even on dirty carpets I don't have streaks issues, not sure about gums, I haven't been paying attention on which jets can get them out.
If I have gums when I still have the wand I will make sure to pay more attention and report back.
Did I answer everyone ? I hope so Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 am

Dp, I wasn't referring to you at all in my statement. Believe me, my comment was aimed at the 100's of cleaners you find on other boards that are secret;y endorsers or distributors of one product or the other. I would never place you in that camp.

We all have our biases towards one product or another, but I can always trust honest opinions from this board....if that ever changed, I wouldn't be here.

I trust Tony when he said that he invited feedback to make the best wand possible and that is why he trusted you to do that. I wouldn't care if Tony gave you the wand for free or with a steak dinner, I would still trust your opinion all the way.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 am

dp1 wrote:I agreed with Rob regarding the manifold, I like the design but when it leaks, I don't think there is a way to weld it or fix it, I didn't think of this prior to you mentioning it.
Regarding the solution line, I actually like that hose better than the hydraulic hose because the regular hose retains heat better due to the rubber insulating the metal braided inside.
I agreed with Dave regarding eliminating the hardware to make it lighter, I have mentioned this to Tony too a couple of times.
That black thing is not a plastic, it's a thin vinyl to cover the swivel that connects to the wand, the swivel itself looks like aluminum, and if I'm not mistaken Tony put a long warranty on the swivel, not sure how long, but he's very confident of the swivel not failing.
The gap that Rob is talking about like in Prochem ti, I haven't noticed any streaks, but to be fair, I haven't cleaned a super dirty carpets with it, so until then I can't say for sure about possible streaks. However with my prochem ti, even on dirty carpets I don't have streaks issues, not sure about gums, I haven't been paying attention on which jets can get them out.
If I have gums when I still have the wand I will make sure to pay more attention and report back.
Did I answer everyone ? I hope so Very Happy

I don't think it will streak as long as the jet extenders are long enough to clear that tube....well maybe it might. I will try and find an old video comparison between the bentely and mach 15 on dirty carpet. There is a clear streak going on.

How comfortable is the wand? I am not as sensitive to weight as others, but I do like comfort at the hand. Nothing worse than the location of the trigger being too far forward and killing your forearm.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:44 am

The wonders of the internet.....here is the video that I mentioned.

By the way, that bentley does clean heavy soiled carpets well, because the manifold saturates the carpet with a very straight down jet angle.  That carpet would be soaked, but sometimes you actually need that.

Watch for the streak in the middle off the tube....could be a jet, but I saw that streak on my Mach 15 until I changed the manifold design.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:50 am

Whoa.....I need to correct myself, I was wrong about that video.

It has been a few years since I saw that video, but the Ti wand didn't have the dual manifold design that I was critical about. It actually had the modern spray bar upgrade...so it must have been bad jets.

I really need to stop trusting my memory....what is the saying "Trust, but verify".
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:07 am

DP try it on some cardboard or cement od yoi dont mind scratching the glise to see if you get that gap that spray gap in the middle
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:10 am

Rob, I know you weren't talking about me, no doubt about that, that's why I said it up there in my first comment Very Happy but I felt that needs to be cleared up first before anyone here think otherwise, and no, no steak dinner for Tony nor avocado smoothies joint with lap dance from Mo knows who, lol.
Mo, that's a great idea, I'll do that when I have time.
Dave, are you backing out from trying the wand ? Or you want to at least see it while we have lunch ? I have to go south anyway to return it to Tony sometimes this coming week or next week if Tony is okay with it.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next