Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

rechargeable sprayers- What are you using?

+4
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Peter Breen
Cjcann
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rechargeable sprayers- What are you using? Empty rechargeable sprayers- What are you using?

Post by Cjcann Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:27 pm

I saw the post a couple of posts down about the rechargeable power handle- cool. I am in the market for a 12v battery powered rechargeable sprayer. I know they have been discussed before. Penguin sprayer? Mytee? About 4 gals, portable, can spray all day- recharge over night, reliable, recommendations please and thank you. Oh yeah, I dont want to spend over $200, $125 if possible.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

rechargeable sprayers- What are you using? Empty Re: rechargeable sprayers- What are you using?

Post by Peter Breen Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:53 pm

I have always used the electric multi sprayers and tried the 99.00 tractor supply battery sprayer and lasted maybe 4 months then stopped working.Heard about hudson battery sprayer and i am going on a year it keeps running like the pink ever ready bunny. $139.00 i bought it for 120.00 on sale. Northern tool & equipment
Thanks with your thread i need to order another for 2nd. truck.

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

rechargeable sprayers- What are you using? Empty Re: rechargeable sprayers- What are you using?

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:43 pm

I've been using the large 4 gal Hudson back pack kind (it doesn't have to worn on your back tho, it has a handle for carrying, or you can put it on a lil $20 light weight hand dolly type cart for wheeling it around when you want), or that type one sold under another name...........they're all made by one manufacture, so they're all exactly the same except for the tank color and sellers name printed on the tank.  First one I had lasted a couple years and the one I'm using now I've had for 3+ years without any problems........matter of fact, I only charge it about once a month, and it hardly ever runs dead. I got it on Amazon for a lil over $100 i think it was.

Let me see if I can find a link, brb.................
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Yep here it is......$120 and free shipping. Smile

I'd say the only weak link is the hose and wand it comes with.
So What I did was replaced the hose with a light 25' poly 1/4" coiled air hose from Harbor Freight for about $5,  (kinda like a giant phone cord), where you can leave the sprayer outside the room you're spraying in and just stretch it out, and it shrinks/coils back up as you walk back, I also used regular 1/4" QD's to connect it to the sprayer and spray wand I made.  The wand is similar to a hydro force type sprayer wand, but uses a regular soft touch valve, and I have an adjustable tip on it, that can spray from a real fine mist to a solid stream or anywhere in between, just by twisting it like a trigger spray bottle tip.

I use it for just about everything, tile & grout/furn pre-spraying, encap cleaning mostly, and even spraying protector, deodorizers and pre-spray on carpet sometimes.

http://www.amazon.com/Hudson-13854-Bak-Pak-Battery-Operated/dp/B000NOT7RA/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1459899989&sr=1-1&keywords=hudson+battery+powered+sprayer

I'd you're interested in seeing what I just explained, let me know and I can take pictures and post them here.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Breen Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Davey Cracker same sprayer i have it is a good sprayer

Peter Breen

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:47 pm

Peter Breen wrote:Davey Cracker same sprayer i have it is a good sprayer

Yea, I think so too, for the price.

I was actually just looking at the others on Amazon, and there's 2 more that look interesting for about the same price, and with better hose wand setups. But I have no experience with them, so I don't know if that would be a better way to go or not.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:31 pm

It has always been the wand and tips that ruined my view of battery sprayers. I still have my electric multi-sprayer and it has been a decent purchase, but I am mainly an inline sprayer guy now.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks, great advice, going to order the Hudson Sprayer. Sounds like a great deal.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:36 pm

milspec6 wrote:It has always been the wand and tips that ruined my view of battery sprayers.  ..........

I totally agree, and the reason I made the changes that I did to mine, eliminating those cheapo parts. Smile
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:15 pm

nice, I like pump ups for the lighter spraying duties like protector, tile/grout, or small 1 room jobs

I have a multi sprayer, was over priced but its not bad

heres a pretty good pump up $15 all viton seals, just ordered a few. only 1 gallon so just for light spraying.
http://www.amazon.com/Smith-190285-1-Gallon-Chemical-Non-Corrosive/dp/B002YNSADU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:48 pm

I still carry a 1 gal pump up too, for the small stuff. But I prefer the electric for most T&G jobs, and furn pre-spraying, unless it's real small like a bathroom floor or just one chair.

I've always heard good things about the multi sprayers, except for the high price. But you can basically have equal for about a third of the cost by starting with the Hudson, and replacing the hose and wand like I explained I did.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:07 pm

The benefit of the multisprayers is that you can replace the jug in a few seconds to either reload or change the product. It is very convenient in that way.

The downside are oxidizers killing their pumps if you use those products.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:52 pm

I need to bust out my multi and clean that thing up, used it for some encap jobs and it got clogged.. kinda blew it and didnt rinse it well.

Thing was almost $500 bucks, what a rip. Im gonna order that hudson one for anything slightly too big to use small pump up
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:48 pm

I did the same thing AC, thinking about cleaning mine up or selling it off.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Yeah, I hear you on the jugs being interchangeable, Rob on the multi...I think that's important for a lot of guys, but I can do without it, and a bunch more jugs filling up my van......but I don't have the space some of you guys do.

AC, kinda crazy yours clogged by encap. What encap did you run threw it, so we know what to avoid? lol......I've been running S/O/E threw mine, never rinsing it once, and it's never clogged.
But it's possible the encap was mixed with something else, causing the clogging........that's where I've noticed a problem, personally.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:46 pm

I have multi sprayer but hardly use it lately, I prefer my hydroforce.
Great find Dave ! I actually have one of those sprayer you posted but it wasn't Hudson, I think it was white labeled by Harbor freight. I actually need a replacement wand for that sprayer. Can you post a link to the wand you bought in HF Dave ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:48 pm

I actually need a solid half gallon hand held pump up sprayer, I haven't found one that lasts longer than 2 months. I've thrown like a gazillion of them already.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:33 pm

dp1 wrote:I actually need a solid half gallon hand held pump up sprayer, I haven't found one that lasts longer than 2 months. I've thrown like a gazillion of them already.

The only ones that work longer than a couple of months are the metal types.  Hate to say it, but you could really use a pepsi sprayer by your description.

https://pdsweb.net/
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:58 am

dp1 wrote:I have multi sprayer but hardly use it lately, I prefer my hydroforce.
Great find Dave ! I actually have one of those sprayer you posted but it wasn't Hudson, I think it was white labeled by Harbor freight. I actually need a replacement wand for that sprayer. Can you post a link to the wand you bought in HF Dave ?

Sorry, DP I never bought any replacement parts for it there, I only bought a ver. of the hudson sprayer there about 4 years ago, and last I checked they no longer sold them, or ever parts for them. Once that HF one died, that's when I bought the yellow hudson ver. from Amazon as a replacement,the one in the link I posted above.

The metal wand I use for it, I made from parts I had or bought......all of which it looks like can be had from the pepsi link Rob posted ^, including the adjustable tip I use on mine, here...........

https://pdsweb.net/product/brass-adjustable-nozzle/

Just call me if you need help making one. Oh and BTW, you can buy a curly hose from HF that will work like I did, just not anything else that I know of.

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:18 pm

dp1 wrote:I actually need a solid half gallon hand held pump up sprayer, I haven't found one that lasts longer than 2 months. I've thrown like a gazillion of them already.

try the one I linked to above, all viton seals.

should handle most any chems, certain chems youll want to rinse after but should be fine for any protectors, high pH cleaners, etc
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:32 pm

I think he might be talking about "hand held".

I've been using the orange triple S for several months now with success.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Yeah, I need the hand held sprayer, I bought an orange one last time from JD, not sure if it's triple S but it was $ 30+ and it lasted 2 weeks Sad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Keg sprayers never die......just saying. Dancing Cat
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Not as long as you have an air compressor right?

With a full charge of air, will they completely empty their fluid content? I've never used one.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:04 pm

With a 100 psi charge, they will empty the can. I need to get another one, I ditched it when I bought the multi-sprayer, but want one back now.

I carried a little 12v air compressor on the van and would also charge it up when I stopped for fuel in the morning. The key is to get one with a good wand tip and long enough hose so that you don't have to keep carrying it around.

With the 304 Stainless, you can get away with a lot more without killing a transfer pump. I never liked the 5 gallon kegs, but a 3 gallon is just about right for upholstery or applying protector.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next