Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ozone generators and pet odor

2 posters

Go down

Ozone generators and pet odor Empty Ozone generators and pet odor

Post by Rainbow Rider Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:41 pm

I read an article in the April Cleanfax that has me excited. Has anyone out there had experience using an ozone generator. If so I have a few questions. How effective are they? If you clean the carpet using a TM or powerful porty would it be effective to set up an ozone machine afterwards to get rid of odor? How long would they need to be used to get 100% odor elimination? If there is still contaminant in the carpet backing will the odor return? Fly Fishing

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Ozone generators and pet odor Empty Re: Ozone generators and pet odor

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:19 pm

This is right up my alley, so let me take a swing at it.

First, in order for ozone to be generated, you need a dry environment. So, to use one after cleaning the carpet would be pointless.

Second, will it penetrate the backing and pad for odor removal? No, it really doesn't penetrate quite like that. It will to some degree, but it will not rid the odors that exist down in the pad or the flooring beneath it.

I really like ozone generators and I use them quite a bit to shock an area that needs odor mitigation. I have used them on classic cars to rid rodent urine odors trapped in the air ducts. I remove smoke from buildings with them. I use them to get rid of crickets, roaches, spiders, etc. from rental homes.

They key is to getting a powerful enough unit that can shock the space. It rarely takes more than 2 hours to ever finish the job. I actually run them in 30 minute increments for most spaces. Those that let them run over night are damn fools and should not be allowed to call themselves cleaners.

If you want a good unit for a good price, there is only one company....Max Blaster. I have been using their units for the last 8 years and they have been great to deal with. Good customer service, good products, good price.

http://www.maxblasterusa.com/
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanks Milspec,

I went to Maxblastersusa and learned a lot. I'm not sure how much use I might have for it in my situation.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:26 pm

You might be surprised what you can use it on Rainbow, a week never goes by where I don't pull it off the truck or wish that I had.

I ran tests last year on bedbugs. Instead of cooking the bastards out by raising the temps in your house to 150 degrees, I found that an ozone shock was able to kill off most of them after a couple of treatments. I think that it could be fully successful after a day of repeated shock treatments, although I don't know for certain.

Remember, ozone displaces the oxygen, so if it breaths.....it dies. It has worked on crickets, fleas, fruit flies, etc. without using pesticides. If you have ever run into a fruit fly problem, you would know how wonderful this product can be to own.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down