Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Warnings to all you paint strainer users

3 posters

Go down

Warnings to all you paint strainer users Empty Warnings to all you paint strainer users

Post by milspec6 Tue May 17, 2016 1:05 pm

I went out to service the Butler van for some commercial work tonight and when I went to change the filter bag (paint strainers) I discovered that the bottom had torn out and there was about 5 inches deep of sand and crud on the bottom....God knows how much of that ended up going through my blower. affraid

I have never had this happen before and when I investigated the cause, it must have been the ciri-solv that I used to remove about 40 pieces of hardened gum a few days ago as the bag had that strong orange solvent smell still. It looks like it dissolved the liner and the 450 cfm blower did the rest.

I went through and cleaned out my tank and flushed the blower, but it has me worried. I did re-install the factory tank filter as well as double bagged my inline filter, even took that solvent off the truck so as not to be tempted to use it again. I rarely use such strong agents and now I remember why, there is just no place on my truck for the "hard" stuff any longer, it often ends up costing me in the end.

Just be careful and if you are the type that doesn't change your bag for several days, you better at least inspect the integrity of that liner before each job. You don't want sand in your blower.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Warnings to all you paint strainer users Empty Re: Warnings to all you paint strainer users

Post by Mo Tue May 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Did you get much crud out of the blower when you flushed it?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Warnings to all you paint strainer users Empty Re: Warnings to all you paint strainer users

Post by ACpower1 Tue May 17, 2016 3:47 pm

as long as you were cleaning with water while it was ripped then it most likely just fell in the tank with the water, unless your tank got overfilled.

debris will usually just stay with the water and fall to the bottom once it reaches the waste tank so you should be good.

I need to flush my blower and do the oil. Where do you guys order your blower oil? I did one change with some stuff that was roots brand I believe

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 18, 2016 5:18 am

I did find some fine sand in the blower when I flushed it out, nothing real large, but still not a good thing.

As for the oil, it varies a lot for me as to where I purchase. For the Butler, I buy from them as they are the only ones that seem to have the right grease for my blower so I order it together.

For the TNT, I bought a case off ebay when I received the unit.

I do believe in using the factory match product for each blower even though it may not be necessary. On older blowers, you could just use non-detergent 40wt oil that is sold at tractor supply stores, but not the newer blowers.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed May 18, 2016 6:48 am

I think flushing out sand from the blower is normal. I flushed some sand grit from my blower when I last did it
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down