Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon)

4 posters

:: Welcome :: Classifieds

Go down

Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) Empty Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon)

Post by CleanImage Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:27 pm

This is a really nice unit in great shape. This is the same as a Steamin Demon, only better in my opinion since it's made with stainless steel. These are super reliable and easy to work on. A great TM backup, stand alone cleaning unit, or a great way for a low moisture cleaner to have HWE capabilities.

This includes a Green Glide (used on 3 jobs), 60' of hose, sink fittings, spray wand. I also have 40' of extra hose that would just need to have some fittings put on the ends.

I picked up this unit a couple months ago. I don't believe it's been used but a handful of times.

Asking $1200

I also have another one without a glide in excellent condition for $1000
Attachments
Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) Download?action=showthumb&id=43
tsunami2.jpg (783 Kb) Downloaded 495 times
Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) Download?action=showthumb&id=44
tsunami.jpg (780 Kb) Downloaded 423 times
CleanImage
CleanImage
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor

http://www.cleanimagecarpetcare.com

Back to top Go down

Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) Empty Re: Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon)

Post by Mo Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:38 pm

The Tsunami hasn't sold yet. I recall the Steamon Demon guy traveling the US challenging TM guys.

Here's Philips machine
Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) DownloadPacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) Download
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon) Empty Re: Pacific Steamex Tsunami (Steamin Demon)

Post by CleanTech Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 pm

its a handy tool to have for sure.
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 pm

I cut my teeth on a demon, a really solid tool for carpets and a pretty good flood extractor. It really works well at flushing out ice melt deposits on store fronts....use mine for that purpose every winter.

Someone must need one of those, just skip on the attachment to run a detailing tool as it didn't work so well.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanImage Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 am

I've heard the same thing about the upholstery attachment milspec.

These really are great machines. The most underrated machine in the industry in my opinion. I think about keeping one of these around, but I don't do a ton of cleaning and when I do, I just prefer to VLM. May hold on to one for rug cleaning. Even a lot of the gurus agree these are a great alternative to pit washing rugs.

But I can't for the life of me figure out why guys spend so much time and money hotrodding portables when these machines will out clean them all and leave the carpet dryer. I guess it's a different way to approach cleaning and if you're comfortable pushing a wand, maybe it's hard to wrap your head around using one of these.

CleanImage
CleanImage
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:59 am

I've heard the hoses on the demon are stiff and hard to manage. TheĀ  hoses on you Tsunami look different than the ones you typically see on the demon. Is it the same hose?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanImage Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:11 am

The Demon hoses come wrapped in a clear sleeve, which is actually kind of nice when it comes to wrapping up the hose at the end of the job. But the tsunamis don't have that sleeve, which makes the hose a bit lighter. So it's a toss up as to which I prefer.

I always try to use as little hose as possible. When I picked up the Tsunami with the glide, it came with one 100' section of hose, which is way too much for residential work. So I chopped it down to 60' and have the extra ready to make another section. The demon comes with 50' but I found there were always those houses where you just needed another 5 feet or so. 60' seems to be the sweet spot. I haven't had to add anymore yet in a home. I would probably make another 10' - 15' section, just in case.

The second unit I picked up came with about 200-250' of hose, in various lengths. I have yet to sort through it and test it all out. That's a ton of hose! But would be handy if you ever get a large commercial account with long hallways or even for cleaning hotels.
CleanImage
CleanImage
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:45 pm

I use both the original demon hose sets and a 100 ft of the grey Tsunami hose, the Tsunami would be my preferred hose. They both feel about the same flexibility-wise, but that sleeve that houses the demon hose is a nightmare.

It doesn't take long for trapped moisture to mold up those demon sleeves and that goes for floor grease as well. Twelve months of that it will stink badly and there is no good way to clean them out either. I actually ditched the old sleeves and ordered new ones, but couldn't get the hoses to feed through them since they were such a tight fit. The only benefit the sleeve provided was that it slide along the floor without snagging, but I don't know how you can keep them clean.

Now I just use rubber bands to hold the hoses together. Dealing with the hoses is no worse than with a truckmount and the machine is very effective and pretty fast as well. The only downside for me was that it didn't look all that impressive to the customer, so it made it tough to get work except for commercials and empties....best suited for apartment cleanings and long hallways IMHO.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down