Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Carpet Cleaning Tech jobs.

+6
steamprony
ACpower1
Mo
milspec6
Matt; My carpet cleaner
dp1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carpet Cleaning Tech jobs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Carpet Cleaning Tech jobs.

Post by kevinj6121 Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 am

I just keep it simple, when I have jobs that I need or want a helper on I'll use one of a couple of guys i have available to me, then after the job I just hand them cash and thank them for the help and thats that.
These couple of guys that i have available have other jobs and are just looking for a little extra on the side, works for me and works for them
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Freemind, I agree with your approach, but I think you are selling your customers short on there interest in knowing how the omelette is made.

They may not openly show it, but I have found that they often repeat what they learned to future customers and I have also found that many discuss the details on my website with their friends before selecting me.

Just a few days ago, I cleaned for a nice lady that didn't talk much and didn't seem to interest in any details, yet when her neighbor called the next day to schedule a cleaning. that lady repeated most of the things that I told the first customer about how I always sanitize my tools before a job.

The education is valuable....even if it seems to be boring the customer at the time.

I also had the same failure to launch regarding the video production for my website. I too gathered all the equipment, but my studio space was full of temperature sensitive equipment and chemicals that I had to move indoors. I hope to get back to it once the warm weather finally decides to stick around.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Most all of my clients are the "upper crust" type people. As such, I feel most all of them with few exceptions, are not really interested in the science of it. They don't seem to care nor give me much time to talk about it when the subject comes up. They are only interested in the omelet on the plate, not what's in it. I think much of that stems from they type of people they are. Most all of them are only interested in the price and what they are getting for the service. I can only think of two clients that were actually interested in the "green" and earth friendly aspect. Though I am planning a dedicated video to explain this all on it's own and I will actually track the views to see how many people will actually show interest.

Window cleaning doesn't usually have negative impacts from chemical usage like other's do, implied or otherwise. There are negatives, but most don't know what they are until they are upset at their cleaner.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

I believe everyone is different, if I'm in the market for plumbers, I would definitely be interested in equipments sanitizing, if I'm in the market for windows cleaning, not so much.
I also am one of those people that are not interested in knowing too much details about the insight of the industry I use it's services, with the exception of course on the person's approach, I can see myself being interested in Bob's explanation since I have met him in person and he's got a way with talking to people.
I can be that way with certain people, if I sense that they are not interested, I will shut up and get to work, I have a couple bad experience with stuck up rich bastards that told me that he's busy and don't have time for explanations, lol. His loss, not mine, I did the job and get paid $ 300 / hour and he balked at me and said I don't even make that much, I responded with smirk smile, swiped his cards, and gave him an invoice, I almost told him "I'm actually too busy to respond to your statement", lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Though most of mine are nice clients, there is that air of superiority about many of them. I think that is why I get cut short about explaining the meaning of the cleaning. The minute details are not as important to them, as the cleaning itself. They have a problem they want me to solve, and I am there to solve it. That's about all the concern and care most all my clients express. Yes, they want that trust factor fulfilled, but the details are not something they are worried about.

I'll admit, I don't really have the gift of gab, but I've never had problems having conversations with my clients.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Shop.talk is more interesting to us than some of the customers we serve. There are probably some that look to be interested and just being nice.

While we're talking they're probably thinking about what there having for dinner that night
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 am

You guys might be right, they may not be interested, but because you are working in their homes, I do think it is different. I don't want to hear my mechanic tell me a lot of details nor my doctor, but when a contractor is in my home, I want to know what he does and why.

I just think most people are wired that way.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon May 01, 2017 9:08 pm

I definitely am not interested to hear from my doctor, lol.
Some people are actually too interested ( usually the Asians customers ), those kinds drive me nuts with their curiousities, until they tried to help by pulling my pressure hoses, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by theecoguy Thu May 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Getting good staff to stay is never easy in the carpet cleaning industry, I offer them a cleaning qualification from Bics if they stay 1 year or more.

Bics is a national cleaning qualification in the UK that can take a couple of years to get qualified.

theecoguy

http://www.eco-steamclean.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu May 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Theecoguy, you're saying the certification process takes a couple of years ? Shocked
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by theecoguy Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 am

Yeah it can take years to become a Bics assessor, I would attach the link but it says i'm not yet qualified, check it out Bics accreditation UK.

No 1 or 2 day courses when you work for me. :-)

theecoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 am

Something isn't adding up here....the site shows it as a single day's training, not years and that the certification is good for 3 years.

Oh well, the bottom line is that good reliable techs are hard to come by these days.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by theecoguy Fri May 05, 2017 1:34 am

Can you show the link where it says becoming a Bics assessor is 1 day course, just curious because it took me 4 years to become one!

Something doesn't add up here!

theecoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 am

Hi Eco guy welcome to the forum. I think you need 5 posts in order to start posting links. Sorry about that but it keeps spammers at away.

Maybe a BIC "Assessor" is a higher level of certification the sites that an assessor is qualified to train other members?

https://www.bics.org.uk/

How long have you been in business? What services do you offer?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 am

theecoguy wrote:Can you show the link where it says becoming a Bics assessor is 1 day course, just curious because it took me 4 years to become one!

Something doesn't add up here!

I didn't the "assessor", I only saw the "license to practice" training.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm

To be honest, that BICS site is a little tough to navigate from an outsider's perspective. I assume the 1-day "license to practice" is similar to the 2-day "carpet cleaning tech" course provided by the IICRC.

Offering your techs a chance to advance their certifications makes sense although you run the risk that they will quit and take those expensive skills with them to your competition....or become your competition.

Should I also assume that the "assessor" is similar to the "Master Textile Cleaner" under the IICRC? It can take a few years to achieve that level with the IICRC, but I have seen people do it in 3 months if they were willing to travel to all the courses. I have always felt there should be a time in field requirement before you could take any advance training, but that only seems to apply to the Mold training.....largely because there is a license involved with it in many areas.

Are carpet cleaners required to hold a license in the UK?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by theecoguy Fri May 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi Guys, been in the cleaning industry for 28 years, first started 1989 with an American cleaning franchise called Jani-King, worked with them for several years then started up my own cleaning business for 10 years (sold it) and have now been doing carpet and hard floor cleaning since 1999.
And yes Mo the Bics assessor can train other members to level 3.

theecoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by theecoguy Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Very interesting debate guy...

theecoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2