Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

My turn to rant

3 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

My turn to rant Empty My turn to rant

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:08 pm

There is a very good reason why I prefer to run my life with cash and never credit, this is one example as to why. I had a business charge card force me to go "paperless" last fall. I have been receiving statements that way since November, but didn't receive one in Jan, Feb, and not even March. I haven't used the card except in early March so there should be no balance on it and figured they didn't send one out since there was no balance due.

This month though, I know there was a balance since I ordered the replacement coil for my LG Heater via that card. When I pulled it up online, they showed me as being 2 months over-due on what looks to be an annual fee as well as my coil charge as of yesterday. When I dug into it farther, they showed that statements were being sent to an incorrect email address.....an old AOL account from 11 years ago. affraid

I had to fight for 30 minutes to get through the ridiculous computerized phone service to finally reach an actual person. Then this guy tells me that the AOL address is the only one they show for me. Mind you, I have been receiving emails from them to the correct address for the last 10 years all the way up to Jan and still receive their offers via the correct address as late as yesterday. Mad

I pointed out that I have emails from them at the correct address all the way back 10 years and would be happy to send them to him to prove it. Finally, he admits that the system was upgraded in Jan. and may have defaulted my account to an old address. Despite the concession, they still consider me to have been 2 months late on my account. No mailed notices, no phone calls, nothing all this time....just emails sent to a dead email account. What a joke.

I had to pay off the balance to include late fees to put the matter behind me, but it irks me to no end. I can't help but feel like this was a set-up just like all the games I have seen in the past by other banks. I was in such a good mood this morning, not I just want to punch something.

My turn to rant Waynef10
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

My turn to rant Empty Re: My turn to rant

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:53 pm

You have every reason to be upset, now you still have to deal with credit reporting agencies to fight those late payments posted on your credit report.
I had an issue with my Amex 2 months ago, because I have 2 Amex accounts, one is for personal and one for business ( Amex open ) and I always send both payments with one check and the amounts were always the full payment amounts, been that way for 4 - 5 years, 2 months ago they posted all of the amounts into my amex open and none to my personal, I found out after I get my amex open account statement, called them up and they fixed the mess in 10 minutes, apologized and all good.
I highly recommend Amex, their customer service had always been top notch, the only downside is they kept offering me to upgrade to platinum, I kept saying no.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:28 pm

I feel for you Rob,  happened to me years ago.
1. Go back and ask to speak to a customer retention rep. Tell them, because of their mistake, you are being penalized with late fees and credit reporting neg marks. You mention to them the words "fraud, negligence, mistake" that they made, are not your fault. You tell them you want the late fee removed from credit reporting, late fees returned, and you won't take action. Now I can't remember the names to use; but states attorney general, and their is some bank regulation agencies they don't want to hear from(I can remembered who they are).
When this happened to me, the threat worked. I will not let someone's mistake mess with my credit.
I even filed a complaint with my CC co. And had the negitve issue removed from credit reports.
As the song says "and I won't back down.. Stand my ground".
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm

Funny that you said that Dp, it was my Amex account. Funny how long-term accounts got messed up at the start of the year isn't it?

I am with you on that Matt, I don't get hung up by credit scores normally since I don't like to take out loans of any kind, but this one irks me greatly and I do plan on addressing it, but dealing with that automated phone system is enough to chase anyone away.....probably why they use it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 pm

I did raise a fuss and they agreed to credit me back the late fees. It isn't exactly the same as cutting me a check for it as it has no benefit until I use the card again, but it is a victory and I give them credit for making the decision to do the right thing.

I don't know what is reflected on my credit report yet, but I will check on that later.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Do credit karma, I use them, they are free.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks for the tip
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content