Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How often do you clean your own house?

5 posters

Go down

How often do you clean your own house? Empty How often do you clean your own house?

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:50 pm

It always seems that Dentists have the worst teeth and Doctors all smoke. Do cleaners clean their own homes yearly?

I spent the day cleaning my home and upholstery. I did it last in October of 2016 and it needed it, the stairs to the basement get a lot of traffic since all my chems and tools are stored down there as well as the laundry room.

You would think that a cleaner would enjoy keeping their own place really clean, but I hated it. Sweating my tail off, moving furniture, and no check in my pocket at the end. I still have the studio to clean, but I needed a dry area to move the instruments first so that will be tomorrow's task.

So, let's here it. When did you clean your home last and how often?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

How often do you clean your own house? Empty Re: How often do you clean your own house?

Post by Freemind1 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Mine gets done 1-2 times a year.

I don't enjoy it either. You are not alone.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

How often do you clean your own house? Empty Re: How often do you clean your own house?

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Worst part was I ran into a few stains that left me wondering WTF is that? I often lecture customers about how is it they have no idea what caused the stain? I guess, I understand it now. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:35 am

Lol. I get that too.

Even though I have A/C, I HATE how humid the house gets when I clean carpets.

I also dislike cleaning my own windows. I hate all the screens to pull. I wanted to store them in the garage, because we never open all the windows anyway, but the wife said no way.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:02 am

I clean mine like 3 times a year, sometimes more if i bought a new chem to try out i'll try it out at home 1st
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 pm

My spare bedroom is that way Kevin, it is the testing lab for everything.  I must have cleaned that carpet 20 times in the past year.

I am now complete with this period's cleaning.  I have to admit, it feels nice having things all prettied up.  It actually forced me to rid some clutter in the process and re-set the room in a different configuration.  It feels like a different house now.

People should clean their houses more often....I really wish they
did, I could use the work. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 pm

The other lesson I have learned is how much I enjoy empty space. I really like how empty some of these rooms are now that I had to clear them out. Unfortunately, the clutter just got moved around and now the basement is horrendous.

I think next week, I am renting a roll-off dumpster and pitching all the clutter of no value. All those totes and boxes of Christmas ornaments, books....just junk that you gather over the years.

I am also going to try and sell off a lot of my business equipment that doesn't get used much anymore. The air scrubbers, negative air machines, testing gear, and maybe even the air movers and dehu units. I want this house and garage to be far less bloated and organized. Since I can't seem to stay busy working, I might as well get the house in order.

Besides, if things continue to go bad I might sell out and move South to start over in an area without harsh winters, so de-cluttering is the first start.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

How often do you clean your own house? Empty starting over

Post by kevinj6121 Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:21 am

milspec6 wrote:The other lesson I have learned is how much I enjoy empty space.  I really like how empty some of these rooms are now that I had to clear them out.  Unfortunately, the clutter just got moved around and now the basement is horrendous.

I think next week, I am renting a roll-off dumpster and pitching all the clutter of no value.  All those totes and boxes of Christmas ornaments, books....just junk that you gather over the years.  

I am also going to try and sell off a lot of my business equipment that doesn't get used much anymore.  The air scrubbers, negative air machines, testing gear, and maybe even the air movers and dehu units.  I want this house and garage to be far less bloated and organized.  Since I can't seem to stay busy working, I might as well get the house in order.

Besides, if things continue to go bad I might sell out and move South to start over in an area without harsh winters, so de-cluttering is the first start.

Hey milspec6, I seem to remember back in july of 2015 you were thinking of moving south to Myrtle beach SC, I live in Calabash NC which is right on the boarder of of SC, i am only 15 min from Myrtle beach.
If you are serious about making a move i'd be happy to help you in any way I can. It's not a bad place to live at all. I don't regret my move here from NY at all, trust me.
The winters here are a joke and not much of a slow down in business as you would experience in Nebraska where you live now and where I was in NY.
I'll tell you what, I have a two story 4bedroom 2 bath house all to myself, well me and my little doggie, no wife.
Jump on a plane, fly into Myrtle beach airport, i'll pick you up, you can stay at my house for free, check the place out and see if it is really what you want to do.
If I can help at all, I will
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:17 pm

That is a very generous offer Kevin. I do have my eye on your area since that conversation. I've been there a few times, but spent too much time drinking as a youth to recall much of it. Smile

I am considering a lot options right now as things are just painfully slow around here. It might be due to the 100 degree heat that we have been enjoying for the last 2 weeks, but there is something wrong.

Part of me wants to pack up and relocate taking the box truck with me and starting over in a new market. Maybe it is just the frustration talking, but it might happen.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm

I don't really know how often I clean my own carpet and sofas, I know for a fact they got cleaned less than a year ago, and I also know that I clean them when I start seeing high traffic area.

Kevin, wow that is real generous offer, worst case scenario is Bob will lounge around the beach while you work your butt off Razz
Bob, if you don't take him up on that offer, I will ! Lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I don't think i could ever live in a place with cold winters ever again, I just got to a point and said thats it, no more shoveling snow, no more freezeing my ass off.
New york can have some pretty cold hard winters, I don't miss it at all.
I know where you are you guys can have some pretty bad winters over there. And in our business thats not good, But here the winters are nothing at all and you still can do pretty good business, cost of living is not bad here either hell of a lot better then new york, don't know it compares to where are though.

The move here for me was easy as i am a single guy with no wife or kids plus i had a friend already here who let me stay at her house till i got going, if not for that i'd still be in New York right now.

In your case you have me here willing to help so when your ready to make a move just let me know
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 pm

I am a party of one with just a cactus as the other living member in the house. Relocating isn't a big deal to me as I have done it many times before. The only hardship would be liquidating everything here that wasn't going along with me.

That part may not be so easy, but I am starting the process now. I will see you at some point this year Kevin, even if just for a vacation from the cold for a few days.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:24 am

Are you a gypsy like me, lol
i've lived in like 8 different states now plus 2 years in Germany back in the 80's
although that was due to being in the military.
I was never afraid to just pick up and move, I could always find work and do good, i've always been lucky like that, plus i've always been a positive person to which i believe helps
but yea Moving can be a pain in the a$$, you never realize how much stuff you have till you go to move then your like "dam, i got too much shit"
But i'm getting older now so my jet setting around the world days are over and i'm in a good place that I like and am doing good so this is home now.

Any ways just let me know when you need a break from the cold when that time of year comes and I'll be happy to help you out and give you a place to stay, pick you up at the airport, whatever you need
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 am

I seem to move around every 10 years. It has been a consistent trait in my life to start over every decade for some reason. I was stationed all over the place, so maybe that has something to do with it or maybe I just realize that things are not working where I am.

I too have always been able to re-start and do well each time. This is the first re-start that seems to have failed. This business just isn't functioning the way that I expected....and my expectations were pretty low. I don't think the re-start will be my decision this time, it will just happen out of necessity.

Glad to hear things are going well for you down there and I appreciate the offer....time will tell what is going to happen now.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Well i don't plan on going anywhere so if ya need me for anything just let me know
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by steamprony Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:10 am

Yes, at least twice or thrice a year is must. Or else we all be finding new home for leaving. Very Happy
steamprony
steamprony

http://www.steamprony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down