Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

+4
ACE Services
milspec6
Mo
dp1
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. Empty Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by dp1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 pm

I know Bob and AC has box trucks, how do you guys handle the issue of security of the door ? Pad locks can easily be cut ? I’m considering purchasing a box truck from Illinois, this is going to be my first box truck, so I am concern about thief breaking in.
Both my vans have alarm which is not going to deter any professional thief but for the ordinary thief, alarm is enough to scare them off and seems like the one that’s interested in stealing some tools are just inexperienced thief, not the pro.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. Empty Re: Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by Mo Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Won't be too big LA traffic Dipy whay about fuel consumption
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. Empty Re: Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by dp1 Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Well I still have one cargo van Mo, plus I don't go out farther than 15 miles radius too often anymore now, so fuel consumption is not really an issue, too big ? May be, but it's 2014 van with 2800 miles, and the TM is a sapphire 870ss with a couple hundred hours on it, complete set up, can't pass up on the price, see what happens.
Supposed to sell another van tomorrow, the buyer is supposed to pick up tomorrow, I'm down to 1 van, need to buy another one soon or I'm doomed.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Sounds like a great set-up!

Most thieves don't mess with box trucks. Check the police blotters and you will find that to be the case. Maybe they are just too lazy or something, but it is a lot more rare than a van.

I take the simple route, basic locks and good insurance.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 am

Ok, thanks Bob, will know more about this unit this week, he still has outstanding loan with Wells Fargo, so if anything it has to go through escrow, no way I’m dropping close to 50 grand without pink slip in hand, if it doesn’t go through, then it’s not mine to begin with.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Those are good units, are you planning on dual wanding then?

What kind of box truck is it?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Well I hardly dual wand anymore, this unit is 2014 Chevy 4500 box truck, with 2800 miles, Sapphire 870ss, with a couple hundred hours on it, electric vac reel, 2 solution hose reels, 400 feet of solution hoses, 300 feet of vacuum hoses, fresh water tank ( under the vac hose reel ), I'll miss that space under the vac hose reel that I always have, and pump out.
I'm still uneasy about the idea of a box truck, I have to keep an eye much more on low hanging branches, also have to get used to drive a larger vehicle, even though I have driven a much bigger truck before ( an international dump truck ), but that was a while back. Oh crap another thing I didn't consider, I wonder how much more is the insurance, lol. Will have to call my agent tomorrow and find out.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 pm

If that is the tilt cab version it will drive the same as your van and maybe better. I am amazed every time that I use the Isuzu NPR, it handles better than the van in every way except backing up.

I couldn't begin to guess insurance rates in CA these days, but my box truck isn't much more than the van and it is 6 years newer.

That sounds like one heck of a truck and since you don't have to worry about freezing temps, I think you would be making a very good decision.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 pm

It's not the tilt cab model Bob, it's the same front end like the cargo vans, not sure what they are called.
I pay $ 200+ / month for 2 vans ( 2007 and 2010 ) with 1 million liability and full coverage on both vans ( $ 1000 deductible ), I think I asked for equipment coverage also and that might be included, I would say as long as it's not more than $ 250 / month, it should be good since the 2010 is gone, I sold it today.
So it would be the 2007 and 2014, if everything goes through, this deal is kinda sketchy, I have to be careful with paperwork handling, I wouldn't want to pay vehicle sales taxes of $ 4500 if the whole unit is $ 45,000, not sure how the bank can rewrite the value of the vehicle separate from the equipment.
So many questions still to be asked.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 am

My bank was the opposite, they would never include the machine with the vehicle value and carried separate insurance policies for each. That 870 is not on the VIN and is not a permanent part of the vehicle so it should be on its own policy.

It is really difficult to go back to a van after using a box truck. The extra space and separation from the noise, smells, and heat really improves the job.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 pm

I used work on a bx truck that had role up doors, back and side as well. The one on the side was like 48 in wide and maybe 60 in high but you could pull it down part way and lock it in place. So you could run the unit and the reels were beside the unit so that you couldn't get in past the door.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 pm

The 870ss pull 700+ cfm!
Gonna run that on "upholstery tool" setting?
Looks like those new run 30-32k. About what an Everest cost. But BIGGER blower.
$200 \mo for 2 van insurance, in California? That's sweet:)
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:04 pm

My only concern is the brand of those big blowers....unless they have changed since it was introduced. I haven't heard of them having any problems, but a foreign built anything concerns me these days.

Still sounds like a great deal to me for that kind of vac power and the miles on that truck.

Is it a diesel as well Dp or is it the 6.0L gas? The gas motor has good power, but one of the thirstiest motor I have seen in a modern vehicle.

Would love to see some pictures.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Same blower brand the Everest have.Gardner Denver.
1 or 2 grades up from the 408blower
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:54 pm

milspec6 wrote:My only concern is the brand of those big blowers....unless they have changed since it was introduced.  I haven't heard of them having any problems, but a foreign built anything concerns me these days.

Still sounds like a great deal to me for that kind of vac power and the miles on that truck.  

Is it a diesel as well Dp or is it the 6.0L gas?  The gas motor has good power, but one of the thirstiest motor I have seen in a modern vehicle.  

My chebby gets 11 MPG in a 3/4 ton truck body. 2015 model, 4x4.

Still wouldn't trade it for better mileage. Love my gas hog.

Conversely, my wife's Japanese 4x4 little car gets only 22 miles to the gallon.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Same blower brand the Everest have.Gardner Denver.
1 or 2 grades up from the 408blower

They did change then, the one that I saw when that model came out didn't have that blower.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Freemind1 wrote:
milspec6 wrote:My only concern is the brand of those big blowers....unless they have changed since it was introduced.  I haven't heard of them having any problems, but a foreign built anything concerns me these days.

Is it a diesel as well Dp or is it the 6.0L gas?  The gas motor has good power, but one of the thirstiest motor I have seen in a modern vehicle.  

My chebby gets 11 MPG in a 3/4 ton truck body. 2015 model, 4x4.

Still wouldn't trade it for better mileage. Love my gas hog.

Conversely, my wife's Japanese 4x4 little car gets only 22 miles to the gallon.  

I understand, my GMC gets about 14 if I don't carry water thanks due to the lighter machine. I just throw it out there so all the variables are known. It can be a difference maker in some regions.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:41 am

Wow that's very low mileage. Did the guys go out of business? He bought it and didnt like it?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 pm

I was wondering the same thing Mo then I realized the answer is probably the same as my situation....box truck without heat and working in a cold winter state like Illinois.

Dp, use the pending winter temps to your additional advantage. They need that truck gone before it gets really cold and the local market will not be that interested either. You have a great chance to grab a real steal.

Not to mention you will likely be driving right past me on I-80 if you drive it back. I could show you the town.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Sorry I hadn’t been posting for a few days, been super busy and short handed sucks, oh well.

So I’m guessing the guy didn’t make it, this is a $ 80k+ set up between the truck and TM and electric vac reel, fresh water tank, pump out, water softener. And I’m dying to own it for $ 45 k BUT we seem to disagree on something, obviously he doesn’t have the pink slip, and originally he was going to have his Wells Fargo dealer service guy contacted my local Wells Fargo guy to talk on how we can get everything transfers to my name on the day of the transaction, but yesterday when I called him, he said that he talked to Wells Fargo dealer service employee as well as their supervisor and they said that it’s not possible, so the only way to do it is I go there, pay Wells Fargo, pick the truck up and Wells Fargo will send him the pink, he signed it off and mail it to me, and I’m still skeptical on doing it that way, I’m an old fashioned guy, I like to pay for things and get all paperwork and my stuff right away, well except for eBay and Amazon stuffs but that’s totally different ball game.

I’m thinking we can use notary service, make an agreement that I pay, get the truck, and pink slip has to be in my hand in say 2 - 3 weeks max, but I don’t know how strong that will stand if things go south ? What I mean by that is if I get pulled over and the cop said that this is a stolen truck, I don’t want to have to go to jail and have to post bond and all the legal limbo crap.

What do you guys think ?

Bob, the guy still owed almost $ 47 grand, so he would have to pay almost $ 2 grand out of his own pocket, he mentioned that he will pay for the truck out right if my offer is enough to pay for the whole thing, I’m just too cheap to spend the extra $ 2 grand considering I still have to buy plane ticket, gas and lodging to get that truck home.
I will definitely take your offer to stop by in Nebraska if we come to an agreement with this deal, heck I might even save one night of lodging if you invite me to spend the night at your home, lol, just kidding Bob.

Another question, does Nebraska and other mid western states require chains when driving on snows ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Oh to answer the other questions, as far as I know Gardner Denver has always been the blower in Prochem and Sapphire units, and they are made in USA.
The best price I found for the 870ss is just under $ 30 k brand new installed, out of state so I can get away from paying sales tax on that if I decided to go that route, but that would cost me close to $ 55 k after taxes on the vehicle ( assuming I get a couple of years old van - Ford transits would be my first choice ) with low miles.
All I know is I need to buy one before Dec 31st for tax purposes, if you guys see one out there where ever it is in the US mainland, please let me know, the hunt is on !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I guess I don't understand why you can't get a pink slip IF the title is held at a local bank, or why wells fargo can't just open a new loan in your name on the truck and the title transfers into your name?

Seems silly to me (and I don't think I would be ok with that deal), but you are dealing with a corporate bank. So things are different when dealing with banks like them.

I don't know how wells fargo can even loan you money for that long without a title for their own security.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Well, here's the thing, I don't want to open a loan account, because I've sold 2 of my vans, I have enough $$ from the sale to buy 1 truck, and I guess they can't transfer the loan to me even for me to pay it off due to legality issues, everything is about protecting your behind in court these days.
Regarding the title, since the truck and TM is 2014, I'm guessing he must've put substantial amount of down payment and he's been paying the loan off for 3+ years now, if the loan is 6 years, then that makes sense that the balance is still $ 47 grand, if he financed $ 70 grand, after interests the whole financed amount would be just under $ 100 grand with excellent credit.

What Bob said makes perfect sense regarding winter being an issue for him, I hope he doesn't read this thread, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:34 pm

What ever you don't take the risk of trusting the seller to do the right thing. Hire an escrow service to handle the transaction to make sure you cover your ass. Om.not sure how much they charge but it will be a lot less than 2k
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 am

This is an easy matter to resolve. The way my bank operates, the title is held at a different location than the bank and takes 2-3 days to get it sent over.

You simply guarantee the funds with your branch and they can then have the other send for the title. You can make the transfer right at the bank when you arrive. I did this very thing when I purchased my box truck and they were completely different Banks....yours are the same so it should be simple.

It sounds like a heck of a deal and his time is running out to pull this off before the winter factor comes into play. I would keep working out those details.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next