Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

+4
ACE Services
milspec6
Mo
dp1
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. - Page 2 Empty Re: Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by dp1 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Mo, online escrow charge $ 400 but I prefer local escrow company if I go that route. And I feel he should pay for it because even though he has the funds to pay the loan off, he chooses not to, he said because he’s worried that I will back out of the deal after he paid the loan off.

Bob, I don’t have an account with Wells Fargo, but my local Wells Fargo branch was nice enough to assist me in finding out as much info as possible, however we didn’t get very far since he insisted that there is no way around what he proposed, which is to go there, pay in full, pick the truck up and he will send the pink slip, what if he decides he’s not going to pay the loan off and pocket the $$ and run ?

I don’t know dudes, no communications in the last couple of days, I guess I’ll just wait another week and see what happens.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Barn door ( box truck ) security concern. - Page 2 Empty Re: Barn door ( box truck ) security concern.

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Some times you have to help an old lady across the street or they will just stand there waiting for traffic to stop. Your seller is hesitant because either he knows what a loss he is taking or he is hoping that someone local buys it instead, because he doesn't trust you.

If you want this unit, you are going to have to help the old lady across the street. I would suggest the following:

1. Agree to terms listed on price
2. Speak to the loan manager at his bank and arrange for the title to be sent directly to you after he signs it. They should be motivated to get their loan paid off.
3. Get a notarized bill of sale when you pickup the vehicle with the written clause on how the title will be handled printed on it.

I don't think this will place you at any risk. You will have the truck, notarized bill of sale with title terms contracted, the bank will handle the title, and you save about $40,000. Worst case scenario would be applying for a lost title which is no big deal at all.

The key for me would be the Bank's support and the notarized statement on the bill of sale.

I did this very thing years ago when I purchased a restored '67 Pontiac Bonneville from a guy in New Jersey. I actually drove it back to Nebraska and the title beat me home.

You just need to decide if you want the rig or not? That part I cannot help with.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Are you kidding ? I really want the truck, lol.
Ok, I’ll talk to him again tomorrow, thanks Bob.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm

I don't blame you, that is a whole lot of truck for cheap money!

Good luck!!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm

$30k "including install. No charge for install is a big deal.
In Wa. If you buy out of state and don't pay sales tax, you bend over when they have you pay a"use tax" on items you did not pay sales tax. Commies!
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:30 am

Yikes, I don't care for that at all Matt. Taxes surrounding a vehicle purchase always gets me upset.

In Lincoln they have a wheel tax of $35 "per tire". When I first moved there and registered my vehicle I asked why I was being charged for 5 tires? She told me it was for the spare. I told her I didn't have a spare and she sent me to the Deputy who wrote me a "fix it" ticket for operating a motor vehicle without proper safety equipment.

So, I went out and bought a spare tire and asked why I needed to pay for a wheel that is not creating wear to the roads? She said that I needed to talk to the Deputy again, but I opted not too.

I did tell both of them that I was going to drag that tire behind me on a chain since I was paying a usage tax for it. I think they actually believed me as the Deputy followed me all the way to my car and remained there until I left the parking lot.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 am

Lol.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:39 am

Ha..ha.... my brother in law once got kicked out of a DMV, let’s just say they think he’s being “unreasonable” lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:15 pm

I have yet to hear the results of this venture....did you decide not to purchase it?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Talked to a few distributors and asked their opinion without telling them I have a used 870ss that I'm thinking of getting, most of them said to go with everest 650, so I'm still thinking about it, plus my wife who sometimes drive the van is completely against the idea of a box truck, I'm still searching other options which is not much at this time, plus I'm still hoping I can reason with her in getting this truck and just look for another van next year to transfer all of the equipments into the van and sell the box truck.
I'm also waiting to hear from one more guy regarding a deal on a new unit, if I can get a new one for a significant discount, that might be an option to consider as well, the problem now is time, we have to get something before the end of the year.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Have your wife go drive one so she can make a sound decision. I was worried about that when I made the jump and find it to be easier to drive than my van....a lot quieter and no odors as well.

I see their point about the Everest, but I don't think their preferences really should be the deciding factor, you are the one who will have to clean with it and not them.

As for the time factor, the closer it gets to the end of the year the more competition you will run into trying to buy up these trucks for tax benefits. That will not help your situation.

I approach these things this way. If you found out tomorrow that someone just bought that truck, would you be upset? Ask yourself that and if your answer is yes, then you should buy the truck. Heck, get it done now and if you don't like it, you could probably flip it for a good profit in your region.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:22 pm

Valid points Bob, I texted the guy today and didn't get a response, will try to call tomorrow, hopefully he still agrees on my offered price.
I'm getting busier as well surprisingly, my tech Mike offered to go with me to pick it up together for $ 150 to help drive, so we can drive nonstop.
Crossing all my fingers on this one.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 pm

Damn, that guy works cheap...not the most exciting drive.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:37 pm

He's from Missouri, he drives from here to Missouri and back once a year because his wife don't like to fly, he loves to drive, that's why he's willing to help me out.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:30 am

So, why isn't this truck yours yet? You have it all planned out and ready with a chauffeur to boot.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:15 pm

So, what will you be getting from the 870, that the 650 doesn't provide????
Are there tangeble aspect of the equipment "in cleaning process" that make the expense worth it?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:34 pm

My guess is that it is more about the 2800 miles on the vehicle rather than the TM. That and the price for the package for a comparable machine performance-wise.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Well some bad news, I called the guy this morning and he said that there is someone else interested in the whole thing and that person is trying to get financing in order for the whole thing ( including his tools and accessories ), I made him an offer without the tools and accessories, I increased my offer price by $ 1000 and he didn’t budge, he said he wanted to wait until that person gets a decision on the financing, I told him if this deal have to go through, it has to go through before the end of the year.

To answer Matt’s question, the everest is a GREAT machine and I don’t mind getting one instead of the sapphire 870, but this is the best deal, like Bob said, the truck is almost new, AND the TM also almost new, it only has 300+ hours on it, it also comes with water softener, electric hose reel and water pond under the vac hose reel, so it’s loaded, I was being stupid last month and thought about it too hard, should’ve flew there last month and picked it up, oh well, it’s a waiting game now, I will contact him again at the end of the week and see where everything is.
I started contacting JD and local distributors and getting prices for new unit because if I don’t buy before the end of the year, it’s time to bend over and getting screwed by the government.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Screw that guy and look for another deal. Just buy Bob truck and sell the tnt and get your 650. Or maybe Bob will sell just the truck. I like to buy and sell.with other people's money lol
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 am

I have a buddy that restores old cars and he taught me a long time ago that the one who ends up with the vehicle 9/10 times is the guy who shows up with cash and a trailer.

Give them time to think about it and the deal often falls apart. His other buyer is offering to buy the rig and all the tools which saves him a headache. I would not offer him more, you should offer him less.

He knows that he has you as a backup in case the local deal falls through. So, if you really want it, offer to buy the tools and then sell them off later or else pressure him with an ultimatum....accept the offer by Friday or the offer goes down next week by $2000 and continues to decline with each passing week.

Force him to make a decision is my advice.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 am

Once you do buy that rig, you can use your other driver to buy mine and drive it back with you.

I might even take those tools as part of the deal. Laughing Razz
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 pm

So you're saying you'll trade all the tools and accessories worth 10 grand with your truck ? That sounds like a deal I can't pass, lol.
Well this guy is not the type that can be forced ( based on how he talks ), and I'm also not the type that likes to give ultimatum like that, so now I'm looking the other way a bit, looking at brand new option, which is the new sapphire 870ss has Hyundai motor which is supposed to be better than the Ford motor in the older 870ss, it will end up being more expensive but I can customize it the way I want it and there is a possibility I might get 0% Apr for the vehicle ( Ford Transit medium high roof ).
Will have to pull the trigger one way or the other at least a week before Christmas.
Will update you guys on what happens.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 am

I love seeing people spending money, it gives me hope. I want to see a heated shop in 2018 if I have to build the damn thing myself.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Well looks like this is not going to happen, the potential buyer already approved for the loan and they are getting ready to finalize the transaction.
Looks like I'm going to have to buy new or wait until there is a good deal next year, buy new means I'm going to get approximately $ 20 grand back but I'm also going to pay $ 20 grand more than if I were to buy used next year and deduct the expenses for 2018 tax year. Looks to be a double edge sword.
If I wait and get something next year for a really good price, I'll be able to save a lot and still deduct my taxes and will get about $ 14 - $ 15 grand back then, assuming I get a good decent low mileage and low hours unit.
Damn, I hate myself for losing out on this deal.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:38 pm

That is the problem with deals, you often don't realize how much you wanted it until it gets away from you. On many items, you can trust that there will be another one right around the corner, but a low mileage, low hour, low price deal is a lot more rare.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next