Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

People that don't plan things.

5 posters

Go down

People that don't plan things. Empty People that don't plan things.

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:32 pm

I have a feeling that I'll get a lot of people calling last minute want to get their carpets cleaned before Christmas, how do you guys deal with those people ? Try to squeeze them in ? Just flat out tell them no can't do ? Charge a lot more ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

People that don't plan things. Empty Re: People that don't plan things.

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:39 pm

I am single with no kids, so any holiday is just another day on the calendar. I don't change anything.

Funny part is that they always think that I must be really busy or that I would be really going out of way for those jobs so there are always pretty sizable tips involved.

I let it work itself out like that. Now, if I had family....whole different story.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm talking about this coming week, say your schedule is already full and this guy call and he has good size job, you decline, squeeze him in, raise your price ? After all it's all about supply and demand right ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:54 pm

I've hardly ever had a busy holiday season.
Like once in 24 yrs.
If I were busy, I would do my best to squeeze him in. And charge more.
This past week, 2 repeat customers were very thankful that I could "squeeze" them in. Only for them:)
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 pm

dp1 wrote:I'm talking about this coming week, say your schedule is already full and this guy call and he has good size job, you decline, squeeze him in, raise your price ? After all it's all about supply and demand right ?

I have 4 to do this week, but hardly full. I would not decline a job unless we were talking about Christmas Eve / Morning. I still would do it, but if I had family, the phone would have been turned off anyway.

Being able to decline a job this time of year is a major luxury and one that I do not have. In your region where there will be more jobs when you roll out of bed after the holiday? I would decline the job.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 am

I DO charge more for rush jobs. It's not just a supply/demand thing, its a lack of planning thing. You want me to drop my plans, to rearrange my schedule? Ok, but it will cost you. Very Happy Wine

We only have one thing, and that is time. You can't buy more of it. You can only pay people to do tasks for you to give your time back to you.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:02 am

Great ! After my schedule is full, I’m raising my prices by 50% for these people Razz

Actually Bob, we are a lot slower too after the holiday, I’m considering to close completely from Christmas Eve through first week of January, but still have to see how the phone rings this week.
There was one year, I forgot what year that was, we were really busy in January, it’s crazy.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 pm

charge more and just fit in the ones who make sense with the route of that truck.

if they are way out of the way then no sorry we are booked
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Today I got frustrated with the phone calls and emails, my day started with 3400 sq ft commercial cleaning that lasted 3 hours including set up and tear down, and by the time I got to 2nd job, I realized that we’re going to be behind with the rest of the jobs, I started making phone calls and called a couple customers back as well, as soon as they say they’re in an apartment, I immediately told them that we won’t be able to do it until January, got 4 emails that asked stupid questions like how soon can you do it ? If you’re in a hurry, why can’t you call ?? Replied to all of them with “due to high volume of emails, we are not able to answer any questions via emails today, please call” guess what, no one called.
It’s amazing how you deal with customers when you’re not hungry anymore, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

dp1 wrote:Today I got frustrated with the phone calls and emails, my day started with 3400 sq ft commercial cleaning that lasted 3 hours including set up and tear down, and by the time I got to 2nd job, I realized that we’re going to be behind with the rest of the jobs, I started making phone calls and called a couple customers back as well, as soon as they say they’re in an apartment, I immediately told them that we won’t be able to do it until January, got 4 emails that asked stupid questions like how soon can you do it ? If you’re in a hurry, why can’t you call ?? Replied to all of them with “due to high volume of emails, we are not able to answer any questions via emails today, please call” guess what, no one called.
It’s amazing how you deal with customers when you’re not hungry anymore, lol.
Great reply
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:58 pm

That has also baffled me, why don't people call anymore? That device in their hand is a "cell-PHONE" yet I will get 4 texts or emails from someone asking a bunch of questions.

Sounds like you had enough on your table for the day.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Phone call: 10+ minutes of time. Doesn't matter if I am calling for myself or I am being called by someone. I can't always get right at the phone when it rings.

Some people want to take that time out of their day. That's ok. I don't always have that much time, as bad as that may sound. I am totally cool with and onboard with anyone that wants to use text or e-mail for conducting business. It may not be perfect communication and it certainly is FAR less a personable way of doing things, but it absolutely is a time saver.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:51 am

I can understand your point Freemind, as it can save you from stopping work to answer the phone, but I never get a simple text, it is always part of multiple back and forth until I just call them.

They never answer the phone though, just keep texting me information back. I just think I could end it faster by talking than texting, although I do ask for a confirmation text of their address so that I don't have to write it down at that moment.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I love emails and texts in appropriate timing, when you need same day service and you email me, most likely I’m not going to be able to accommodate you, especially when the emails going back and forth a few times before appointment is confirmed, that takes a whole lot longer than a simple phone call that takes 5 - 10 minutes and boom, appointment is confirmed.
I don’t think I would email a plumber or handyman if I need immediate service, especially if I have some questions to ask before I decide to hire them, plus having someone on the phone, I get to feel how their attitude is, which is most important since I’m having them come in to my home.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:06 pm

dp1 wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I love emails and texts in appropriate timing, when you need same day service and you email me, most likely I’m not going to be able to accommodate you, especially when the emails going back and forth a few times before appointment is confirmed, that takes a whole lot longer than a simple phone call that takes 5 - 10 minutes and boom, appointment is confirmed.
I don’t think I would email a plumber or handyman if I need immediate service, especially if I have some questions to ask before I decide to hire them, plus having someone on the phone, I get to feel how their attitude is, which is most important since I’m having them come in to my home.

Exactly!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down