Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Poll on code of conduct

+12
Ryan S
Freemind1
Bonnet Pro
REALCLEAN
( miller ) gerry
Pro Touch
Bill Soukoreff
Joe Bristor
Davey Cracker
ODIN
milspec6
Mo
16 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do we want to see distributors, manufactures arguing, cursing and airing their dirty laundry on this forum?

Poll on code of conduct Vote_lcap14%Poll on code of conduct Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Poll on code of conduct Vote_lcap61%Poll on code of conduct Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 17 ]
Poll on code of conduct Vote_lcap25%Poll on code of conduct Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Poll on code of conduct Empty Poll on code of conduct

Post by Mo Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 pm

I want to get an idea of what the members think about what transpired on that zipper thread.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Poll on code of conduct Empty Re: Poll on code of conduct

Post by milspec6 Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Open forum...open minds.

I have no problem with spirited discussion nor do I have a problem with a member calling things the way they see it. I just prefer that it be done in a professional manner.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:18 pm

milspec6 wrote:Open forum...open minds.

I have no problem with spirited discussion nor do I have a problem with a member calling things the way they see it.  I just prefer that it be done in a professional manner.

You know, even tho I voted "no", I do agree!

But the thing is, I don't see it productive what so ever, I seriously doubt from the looks of it that anything good will be accomplished by it, no different than arguing with my Ex!!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Moe, is it true you removed Eric's post about the floater missing parts and stuff?

On the poll, personal attacks should never be allowed.  I can't believe how fast people turn on each other.

Last edited by Bill Soukoreff on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Yes. because the insinuation was that parts were missing on the cleaners lounge floater and it was actually a a mboard floater.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Thanks Moe, sorry, I edited my post. You are just doing your best at damage control.

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm moving these threads back to the zipper thread
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Joe, its a great tool, incredible quality, and I don't feel Eric deceived me. I don't care what his business model is. I try to avoid box stores and and big box stores as much as possible. But it is not always possible. I like to support small independent business as much as I can, but its not always possible. I only wish Eric the same success I wish you!

Ok, so you exposed him first. Publically. Great. I stand corrected. Move on. Life's too short!  Smile 

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:58 am

Stay
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 am

I don't want you gone and I know how you are and I don't expect you to change. I started this poll to see what the forums opinion is on the subject of distributors cursing. being unprofessional and airing their dirty laundry on the forum. Like Rob said it felt like your parents were fighting and it made you feel bad.

There are some people that love the drama. Heck this whole thing has been great for the forum stats. We had 68 people logged in at the same time yesterday checking out the big show.

I understood why you made the decision to withhold all comments from the people who evaluated the Zipper but I still don't agree with it. Giving our opinion on products is what we do best.

When you sent me the filter to test. I posted  video of it leaking and not being able to take the cuffs off the ports. When you sent me new VT12 I posted a picture of it scratched and a video of a pin hole in spray bar springing a leak. You addresses the issues and made improvements to the products. That's how it worked.

Now that this floater program is over we need to hear from the people that tested it.

Last edited by Mo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 am

Stay.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ( miller ) gerry Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:19 am

Stay

( miller ) gerry
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.gemscarpetcleaningplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:34 am

Bye the way Joe I had to end the official zipper floater loaner program because now the objectivity is completely out the window.

You can't send this tool out for evaluation now.

Hey cleaner this is Joe. I want you to give me your evaluation on this tool. Bye the way the inventor of this tool is a lying, back stabbing. greedy sell out.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:01 am

Eric never asked me to write a review or post a review. Yes my review is full of praise, but it's honest. I also mention repeatedly it's not for everyone and I would be surprised if 50% of the people like it. The analogy I used was that it's rustic French bread and not wonder bread. It is not a tool for masses. I could see however large companies putting it on their top 5 trucks that service the cream of the crop customers.

Just to clarify. Moe asked me to post the review. He said it was time. That is what we agreed to do if we took part in the loaner program.

If all these guys who hated it won't post their reviews then they are not honouring the conditions set out to participate in the loaner program.

If one positive review prevents negative reviews then something is seriously wrong with the participants.

On all review sites, you will always see a few negative reviews mixed in with the positive. That's normal.

So here's a message to you guys who are too afraid to post your negative reviews of the zipper. Do it! We need balance and negative reviews help others determine if they want to go ahead and even try the product.

Also, for those who missed the loaner, I believe I saw on Eric's site that he has 30 day trial. Try it.

Here are the guys that like it so far:

So far I like it (bought one).

CleanTech post here liked it (said he will buy one after he adds a new truck)

Dennis liked it and (bought the loaner).

The guy in Winnipeg Canada Boy posts here, bought one before the loaner and posted here that he will NEVER use his wand again and mostly does residential.  

Mike H, posted here how much he loves it and bought two.

Not sure if the Cleaning fool is still here, but he also raves about it.

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

I'm mobile. I can't vote.

I don't mind the banter. It's entertaining at times actually. I'll even call a guy and say, "You're a complete low life piece of trash, but I need to order..."

I've also come to find that the carpet cleaning business is saturated with insecure, overly sensitive, and outright arrogant personalities. They are found in almost every profession, but it seems to me that carpet cleaners have much more than their fair share.

I post this, completely ignorant of the "zipper thread" because I've not read it. I'm moving away from the truckmount.

I say, let people have the freedom to be completely transparent, and let others have the freedom to draw their own conclusion.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 am

I've been wrestling with this all morning.  What should the response be to all this?  

I've told the story before about what I was told as a young man regarding integrity and vampires.  The world is full of vampires and they will take everything from you that they can, except for one thing.  That one thing is your integrity, nobody can take that from you.  You can only choose to throw that away.

When I go back and read the earlier posts, there is no doubt that Joe is holding on tight to his integrity which is one of the main reason that I sought him out in the first place.  I was always able to get an honest opinion on anything, even if that meant he wasn't going to sell his own product as a result. I know that what he says is true and that means a lot in this world.

Then I read those posts again and contemplated the delivery of the message and how it seems rough and dominating at times which reminded me a lot like my drill instructors back when I was a naive 17 year old.  I sure didn't like the delivery then either, but they did so for a reason...a purpose that I didn't understand yet.

That purpose wasn't about them controlling or dominating anyone.  No, that purpose was to push us to achieve great things and to toughen us up to handle the rigors of military life.  We didn't understand those motives at the time, but those of us willing to fight through it, discovered that those drill instructors did us a huge favor and gave us the metal to meet any challenge.

When I read those posts again, I see that same drill instructor with his gruff ways as he trys to get a bunch of naive kids to toughen up and find their metal...to learn what they already learned the hard way.

Not everyone graduates from boot camp.  I went in with 147 guys and we graduated 92, the rest either washed out or quit to go back to their easier lives.  For those that did, we were better men for it.  There are going to be people that will not want to hear or fight through the message that Joe is presenting...that is to be expected.  Erik may have been one of them for now, it might still change.

When I go back and read those posts again, you can clearly see that Joe was giving strong advice that could save Erik and others from making a mistake by letting vampires take a good tool from them and destroying it like has happened so many times before in this industry.

Beer guy was a turning point for me (thanks for finding that video).  It reminded me that I have been going about this business the wrong way and I needed to return to the original purpose when I started.  I needed to stop following the same path that others have taken and to blaze my own course.  Yes, it isn't about the money, it should never have been, but it is easy to fall into that trap with all the vampires tempting you with their lies.  I guess Joe was hoping that Beer Guy would have had the same affect on others....maybe it still will.

Joe needs to be a part of this industry...to be a part of this board...to be a part of this revolution of real cleaners.  To remove that, would turn this into just another lost board talking about favorite presprays, so my vote is to keep him around.

One word of caution, however.  We also had a tradition called the bear pit in the Marines.  That is where people go to settle grievences that get out of hand to the point that it is detrimental to the rest of the platoon.  There, the parties will fight it out until exhausted or else someone is unconcious to prevent the platoon from falling apart by choosing sides.

If we can't have civillity on this board and it threatens to tear apart the platoon...so to speak...I will find us a sutiable bear pit and I have won many of them. Mad
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:17 pm

The life and death of a message board is its mods imo. Much more than the posters.

When mods start pulling rank and picking sides because of their personal feelings, ex. deleting posts, I get lost.

I don't take myself seriously enough to get hurt feelings. I also have no respect for others that do.

I find TCL to be informative and entertaining.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonnet Pro Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:25 pm

My 2 cents. I did not read the posts just this one about the polling. In America we are supposed to have freedom of speech, are we not? If someone has a bad day and lets something  fly well that happens. Hopefully that person with straighten his actions out on the following day. If someone is purposely trying to harm with untrue accusations then the " pack" needs to deal with it to set that one straight. Im sure nothing was done hear that cant be fixed with some professionalism. And if someone did cross the line then maybe some others should contact that person privately and help lift that brother up.

Iv had times when I got the news that my brother was just murdered or another friend committed suicide or the stress of dealing with a dying parent. You just never know what the other guy may be going through to bring out their fangs. Id give most people the shirt off my back but under great stress you might think i was a real ...hole because of my reaction to the stress. It happens to all of us. Hope it gets worked out between these men.

I dont know who it was but give him another chance.
Bonnet Pro
Bonnet Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:12 pm

It's funny how 32% vote that they don't care on this poll. Kind of puts things in perspective Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next