Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Could use a hand on pricing this...

+5
Pro Touch
carpetdaddy
Freemind1
Ryan S
CleanTech
9 posters

Go down

Could use a hand on pricing this... Empty Could use a hand on pricing this...

Post by CleanTech Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 am

Hey guys

first time being asked to do a spotting program of this size.

Large accounting office - bran new build that I did the construction clean up at.

15,000 sq with 12,000sq of carpet. Open design with a sea of cubicles. Dark colored carpet tiles.

She wants a monthly spotting for coffee/drink spills.

I was thinking X per month for x amount of spots, if more then X spots so much extra?
Might be the easiest.

Or would you price it higher and make a nice profit most visits and maybe a lost here and there

Plan to OP all spills.

any help is appreciated Smile

pic attached of carpet tile color
Attachments
Could use a hand on pricing this... Download?action=showthumb&id=86
2014-02-19 12.24.44.jpg (157 Kb) Downloaded 128 times
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Could use a hand on pricing this... Empty Re: Could use a hand on pricing this...

Post by Ryan S Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:17 pm

I would price it as monthly maintenance. Determine how much soiling will be tracked in and the rest should be gravy to clean. Some months you may do more some months you may do less. Try and sell them on a 6 month HWE add that to the bottom line and you got a nice account.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Could use a hand on pricing this... Empty Re: Could use a hand on pricing this...

Post by Ryan S Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:20 pm

You will
Loss a substantial amount of cleanable sq ft with all the office furniture. Keep that in mind. My guess is you'll be around $800-1200/month.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Ryan S wrote:I would price it as monthly maintenance. Determine how much soiling will be tracked in and the rest should be gravy to clean. Some months you may do more some months you may do less. Try and sell them on a 6 month HWE add that to the bottom line and you got a nice account.

THIS sounds pretty feasible. Unless you have an idea of how many "spots" a month you will be dealing with, it would be hard to price per spot. I would think, a flat monthly fee would seem much more appealing to them, considering most commercial accounts like a budget, rather than floating and pop up expenses.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:21 pm

You will probably end up having to clean the whole thing every month (and that will probably be quicker and easier for you then trying to find individual spots). Since it is cluttered with furniture and cubes, I would price it based on how much time it would take me to bonnet the whole thing. And as Ryan said, I would offer to add in a couple of extractions per year - take the total for the HWE and the Bonnet cleanings, divide by 12.  Very Happy 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:38 pm

I like your take on this carpetdaddy. Nothing like leaving a clean spot for someone to stare at.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Ya I also wouldnt give a price for just spotting, I would get them to clean the whole thing or at least give a price for it and try to make it close to what you would charge for monthly spotting.

sounds possibly like a customer that doesnt really know what they need and just in her mind thinks only coffee spills here and there would be a lot cheaper.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:40 am

Pro Touch wrote:I like your take on this carpetdaddy. Nothing like leaving a clean spot for someone to stare at.

I will second that point. If you are just spotting, it will just become a bunch of bright spots in the end....not much more appealing than the spills themselves.

Monthly maint. cleanings and semi-annual hwe makes perfect sense to me.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:12 am

Joe's encap is perfect for this job. It's great at helping to prevent wick backs, which could be critical with this type of job.

I was given this tip in winning bids and it works great. Give them 3 bids, with the middle one being what you consider to be most effective. They almost always go for the middle one, and if they pick the lowest priced bid they tend to be a bit apprehensive about complaining because of a shared sense of responsibility.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 pm

What did you end up doing on this est?
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Ryan S wrote:What did you end up doing on this est?

I would be curious too since I have similar issue right now with my biggest commercial account, what did you end up doing ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Mon May 12, 2014 11:09 pm

lol late reply completely forgot

well worked out certain areas for monthly vlm traffic lane and avoid the spot cleaning

$250 for agreed areas monthly that took hour and a half which included talking with a few managers and employees and pre vacuuming. Normally the jani company will be pre vacing for me so..... 45 min is my guess/goal

Where ill really be making my $ is the full cleans yearly and the hard floor work.

Looks like I might be taking all the hallways of the entire building away from a competitor to boot

nothing fancy just 3 oz of encap
looked great once dried

CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue May 13, 2014 10:35 pm

$ 250 is not a bad deal for an hour and a half of commercial work.
Are you going to do HWE once a year ?? if yes how much are you charging per sf if you don't mind me asking.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 am

I should have it down to under an hour next time as mentioned Smile When upper management is watching you definitely need waste time Razz

still working that out.  Doing a fast measure if I use the TM it would be around 800' to reach the entire place. Only one spot to park...

I would rather use more encap and glad pads then play with a portable. I can personally get better results this way. Especially since im in there monthly. Its not like im using a cimex and doing only straight encapsulation.

If they insist on hwe I would bring in the steamin demon for ultra fast passes with post padding.
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down