Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Moxie Prespray: Review

3 posters

Go down

Moxie Prespray: Review Empty Moxie Prespray: Review

Post by mark d. Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:47 pm

I finally got a chance to try out the Moxie prespray sample that I received from attending the ICE Expo. Its in powder form and its mixed according to how soiled the carpet is.(Light soil - 2oz/gal, Medium soil - 4oz/gal, Heavy - 8oz/gal) It has a neutral pH.

I was waiting to do a job that was a real rat-nasty to give it a good test. I went with the medium soil dilution (4oz/gal.) since I wanted to have enough for the whole job. The sample was their smallest size, a 1lb. jar. I presprayed with an electric sprayer, let it dwell for 5-10 minutes as it instructs to do.  I was told by the sales rep to just rinse with water, that there was no need to detergent rinse. So that's what I did. I rinsed with soft water at 240 degrees using a Rotovac powerwand.

The results were very good. It did a nice job emulsifying and separating the soil from the fiber with only two passes on a really soiled carpet. See pics below. But even though it did a good job, the price point they set in purchasing their product is WAY TO HIGH!

That one pound jar sells for $35. Their 50lb box sells for $995. It made 5 gallons of ready to use product at the dilution I used, depleting the whole contents of the 1lb jar. When compared to other powdered presprays ( Extreme, Procyon, Klenz) they normally sell for $3-$5/lb depending on the distributor. At that cost, it makes it much more reasonable.

At $35/lb. though, the Moxie product better be the "second coming of Christ" type cleaner, and it wasn't. I get the same results using S/O and a neutral rinsing detergent. When I went to their website to see how much it was, I just shook my head and said to myself, "Just another distributor trying to stick it to us end users!"

Has anyone else tried it yet? What are your thoughts? (Not sure if I did the pics right, sorry if I didn't)
Attachments
Moxie Prespray: Review Download?action=showthumb&id=100
IMG_1673.JPG (2.2 Mb) Downloaded 113 times
Moxie Prespray: Review Download?action=showthumb&id=101
IMG_1682.JPG (1.4 Mb) Downloaded 113 times

mark d.

Back to top Go down

Moxie Prespray: Review Empty Re: Moxie Prespray: Review

Post by Fuzzsucker Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:04 am

Holy moly $35 a pound. Not in my budget.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:57 am

mark d. wrote:I finally got a chance to try out the Moxie prespray sample that I received from attending the ICE Expo. Its in powder form and its mixed according to how soiled the carpet is.(Light soil - 2oz/gal, Medium soil - 4oz/gal, Heavy - 8oz/gal) It has a neutral pH.

I was waiting to do a job that was a real rat-nasty to give it a good test. I went with the medium soil dilution (4oz/gal.) since I wanted to have enough for the whole job. The sample was their smallest size, a 1lb. jar. I presprayed with an electric sprayer, let it dwell for 5-10 minutes as it instructs to do.  I was told by the sales rep to just rinse with water, that there was no need to detergent rinse. So that's what I did. I rinsed with soft water at 240 degrees using a Rotovac powerwand.

The results were very good. It did a nice job emulsifying and separating the soil from the fiber with only two passes on a really soiled carpet. See pics below. But even though it did a good job, the price point they set in purchasing their product is WAY TO HIGH!

That one pound jar sells for $35. Their 50lb box sells for $995. It made 5 gallons of ready to use product at the dilution I used, depleting the whole contents of the 1lb jar. When compared to other powdered presprays ( Extreme, Procyon, Klenz) they normally sell for $3-$5/lb depending on the distributor. At that cost, it makes it much more reasonable.

At $35/lb. though, the Moxie product better be the "second coming of Christ" type cleaner, and it wasn't. I get the same results using S/O and a neutral rinsing detergent. When I went to their website to see how much it was, I just shook my head and said to myself, "Just another distributor trying to stick it to us end users!"

Has anyone else tried it yet? What are your thoughts? (Not sure if I did the pics right, sorry if I didn't)

I got the same 1lb Jar.
I think you said it all. Works good. Too expensive.
By the way it needs to be agitated to work well. Even the guys at MOXIE will tell you that. I was surprised you like it until I saw your ROTOVAC, there's your agitation.

BTW, The company that makes MOXIE is a synthetic turf manufacturer. This doesn't seem to be a serious product line for them.

Here's a vid of the little test I did. It worked well when I first used it, but I picked up the same bottle a week later to see how the shelf life was and I wasn't impressed. At the show the guys told me it used "Oxygen" but they also said it had a long shelf life so......?

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=ppgeu7Rycj0
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down