Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Internet Marketing getting stale need help!

+3
Pro Touch
ACpower1
Cjcann
7 posters

Go down

Internet Marketing getting stale need help! Empty Internet Marketing getting stale need help!

Post by Cjcann Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 am

I was on top of it a few years ago but need help. I want to convert to a wordpress based website and revitalize my seo. Any recommendations? Any names of firms or people that you can recommend? I find that keeping on top of it myself is like a job in and of itself. Should I farm it out? Should I just learn all this stuff myself. Google is always changing what they use as criteria. Adwords gets expensive. I am a grass roots kind of guy and would like to handle it myself if possible. What I would like is an affordable solution to get more business via the internet.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Internet Marketing getting stale need help! Empty Re: Internet Marketing getting stale need help!

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 am

just be careful who you hire for seo

everyone who does seo work will tell you that they know everything about it, but the truth is it changes constantly so if they are not changing their approach constantly then its money down the drain.

plus keep in mind that even with top placement the paid ads are seen first

The age of your website plays one of the biggest factors so make sure you dont create a whole new site or youll lose your placement.

I think worrying too much about seo ranking is not worth it, there is like 50 companies fighting for it in any major city.

You dont want a bad or super low ranking but always paying to fight for the top isnt all that worth it, as long as you show up a good amount of the time near the top that is what were going for.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Internet Marketing getting stale need help! Empty Re: Internet Marketing getting stale need help!

Post by Pro Touch Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm looking into wordpress as well. If I find anything good I'll post it.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Well.....

Building a new site via wordpress will do little good if you do not have a places, G+ page, and citations.

When you build the new site, you want to hit keywords as much as you can, but doing so naturally, not robotic like.

Wordpress is dirt simple to use. If you can use the program Word, you can build a site with wordpress. Pick a nice template (I recommend Responsive) and build away. There is a small learning curve to it. But nothing that you can't beat with YouTube vids.

You will need to have age on your new site for ranking, but a lot of that can be overcome with citations and using certain social media sites. You just have to know how to make it work to your benefit.

The most time consuming is your SEO. But as you should know, once you stop paying a company, so stops your SEO juice.

If you are in a small market with little competition, your odds are much better. Bigger markets require deeper pockets to rank well. In most every market, if you don't rank page one, you don't rank. Period.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:03 pm

true story, you can pay adwords or you can pay an SEO company.... either way your paying for placement

adwords can be expensive but just set a budget that is reasonable so you dont get devastated.

but the reality is you cant "buy" all your jobs, high overhead is the worst thing you can have in this business.

Were moving more into direct contact with people and businesses, something the big name companies cant afford to do. Like simple going out and talking to people, handing out tri folds, etc

Road side signs work really well too, but you have to some how have credibility in there... thats why a super service award from angies list does make a difference

not everyone want to pay for access to angies list (homeowner side) and not all of them completely trust it

but

they all know you cant go around doing hack jobs and still receive the award, so if you put the award logo on road side signs you will see a good response.

just wanted to give another option other than the internet money pit everyone uses.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:06 pm

ACpower1 wrote: "Were moving more into direct contact with people and businesses, something the big name companies cant afford to do. Like simple going out and talking to people, handing out tri folds, etc"

I knew I liked you...always worked for me. People want to hire a person, not a stat sheet. Make a personal connection and you will grow...low cost, high yield. It just takes the effort to hit the bricks.....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 pm

milspec6 wrote:
I knew I liked you...always worked for me.  People want to hire a person, not a stat sheet.  Make a personal connection and you will grow...low cost, high yield.  It just takes the effort to hit the bricks.....

That's just another reason I like to give in home quotes, rather than give prices on the phone!

Not only can I give an exact price in person, but the potential customer can see and met me, and I can 'sell' the job face to face!  Works much better than just being another low price cleaner giving prices for a job sight unseen.  cheers 

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
milspec6 wrote:
I knew I liked you...always worked for me.  People want to hire a person, not a stat sheet.  Make a personal connection and you will grow...low cost, high yield.  It just takes the effort to hit the bricks.....

That's just another reason I like to give in home quotes, rather than give prices on the phone!

Not only can I give an exact price in person, but the potential customer can see and met me, and I can 'sell' the job face to face!  Works much better than just being another low price cleaner giving prices for a job sight unseen.  cheers 

Plus she can get ready with her lingerie on the day of cleaning, right Dave ?  Laughing Razz 

I was going to chime in but seems like everyone already giving great advices, one thing I'd like to add is every market is different, while Yelp is great in my area, it may not be in your area, same thing with angie's list and adwords, the great thing about adwords is no contract, however I would recommend to try it out for 2 - 4 weeks and depending in your market price per click, try to get at least 6 clicks per day, in my area that's about $ 35 - $ 45, it's not cheap but if you can get at least one or two customers out of it, you'll make a little profit on top of all your costs, in my case I get about 3 customers from that kind of budget, which is great in my opinion, yelp will push you in 12 mo ths contract but you have to tell them that the most contract you'd do is 3 months, they'll work with you, their lowest plan is $ 350 / month, which is not bad at all, good luck :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down