Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

your vans image

+6
dp1
Andy Mc
OneBlueSummer
milspec6
ACpower1
Matt; My carpet cleaner
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

your vans image Empty your vans image

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:21 am

Does the look and logos of your van stand out.? Does it make a long lasting impression when people see it? In other words: they've seen it, but later on down the line(weeks or months) when they are thinking about carpet cleaning: DO THEY REMEMBER YOU OR WHO YOU ARE?? Can they find your name and # among the listing of CC? Lets be honest, I dought anyone will write down your name and # when they see your van and say to themselves, "thats who I'll call or just in case I need...". I dont remember other service vans and who they are, and I would guess that is the way it is with most other people.
Ex: afew years ago I was watching youtube vid's of carpet cleaning(go figure) and i came across some vids from a co. in Portland, OR. His vans have a orange color and real Oranges on his vans. That really sticks out like no other. If I lived in that area and was thinking, lookin for a CC-that would be the one I look for. because I remember his vans.
In addition, does your listings in the YP or online have a visual connection? Like the oranges. If I went searching online and I saw a listing with "oranges", thats the one, look no further, I got what I was looking for.

food for thought,
Matt
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

your vans image Empty Re: your vans image

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:23 am

BTW, Im having mine re-done next week. I will post pics.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:27 pm

I think if your out driving around everyday more and more people see it, I see the same vans around town and after seeing them repeatedly it starts to stick.

That is also the benefit of facebook, its all just brand recognition. You try and get them to see it over and over until they associate your name with carpet cleaning or whatever other services you offer.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Break down in a busy intersection and you will have 100's remember you...and they will call you too. Not for work, but they will call you something. Very Happy 

I actually fly below the radar with my van. The company name sounds like an home alarm system installer and there is only one van running around. The only thing that I can claim is that a customer never forgets me.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:51 pm

I get people all the time that say they see us driving around all the time . Then if they don't look me up specifically when they click on my site from goog they will say oh ya I've heard or seen them around. Branding .. that's why I have green everything people remember green. Or in that case they would remember orange.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 am

My van says something by saying nothing.

It's a basic marketing strategy , (reverse phycology)

I read it in a book that had a blank grey cover with no title, only sold 3 copies, so only 2 other people know about it.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:01 pm

I don't have any graphics, 2 reasons, one is there are about 20+ cities that we serve around greater LA area and most of them required business tax permits, I can't and won't let them jack $ 300 for a city that I do a couple of jobs per year, I'm licensed in 2 cities where I do most of my business, second reason is in metropolitan areas there are people that their full time job is getting insurance money from collision with service company vehicles, they're targeting a medium - large businesses, with a blank cargo vans they won't know our size and they won't take a chance to stop in front of me in the freeway while going 65 mph or more, something to think about.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:57 pm

I know what you mean Dp

My uncle has an oil company in southern california Golden Bear Oil and Trucking

The gang members and cartel types had a huge scam running for a long time, not sure if it still is around

They would surround the oil truck on all sides with regular cars, then get in front of the truck with a mercedes and force a crash into the benz and collect big money

They were doing it so much it became a well known scam
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Good grief, it sounds like California is now just Mexico North. That is the kind of stuff that was common practice down in TJ.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:47 pm

dp1 wrote:I don't have any graphics, 2 reasons, one is there are about 20+ cities that we serve around greater LA area and most of them required business tax permits, I can't and won't let them jack $ 300 for a city that I do a couple of jobs per year, I'm licensed in 2 cities where I do most of my business, second reason is in metropolitan areas there are people that their full time job is getting insurance money from collision with service company vehicles, they're targeting a medium - large businesses, with a blank cargo vans they won't know our size and they won't take a chance to stop in front of me in the freeway while going 65 mph or more, something to think about.

I'm sure it sounds silly to the others in other states, but those are exactly the same reasons I roll with a plain van too!.........everyone is sue happy here, and then there's the insurance scam artist that are just looking for the payday, like you said DP.

And in addition, I really don't like drawing attn to the fact my van is full of expensive equip to the thieves, which we have no shortage of around here also........my buddy's cleaning van was stolen a few month ago, right out of his drive way, in a very nice neighborhood in Huntington Beach, CA. He was Very lucky tho, Seriously Lucky, because the van broke down lol shortly after they stole it, and it was recovered just 3 miles from his house, with only a blower missing.  santa 

My old van, I did have my name on, and very rarely got a job from it, so I figure the risk to reward is against me having my co name on van.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:51 pm

milspec6 wrote:Good grief, it sounds like California is now just Mexico North.  That is the kind of stuff that was common practice down in TJ.

Man, you wouldn't believe how accurate you are, in more ways than you can imagine!!  What a Face wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 am

I may have had to use a heat gun to de-ice my car doors this morning and shovel the 6 inch drift away (April 14!!!), but at least nobody is going all "road warrior" on me during the commute.

Maybe you just need a supercharger and a sawed off shotgun...works in the movies. Razz 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 pm

No real vandalism problem here. We do work on our branding with our vehicles a lot.

People do comment that they see us everywhere and we look like a parade rolling through town.

Know what you mean about the cold and snow.

If I could just find someone who like to purchase our overstock of snow, I could make some nice money this year Smile

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Hey Mark, I've been reading about this stuff called "Global Warming"....I don't think it is going to catch on in the midwest though. Very Happy 

Ridiculous weather...if it snows again, I'm putting the xmas lights back up and starting over. Shocked 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:45 pm

milspec6 wrote:Hey Mark, I've been reading about this stuff called "Global Warming"....I don't think it is going to catch on in the midwest though. Very Happy 

Ridiculous weather...if it snows again, I'm putting the xmas lights back up and starting over. Shocked 

Not to be selfish, but I really hope the global warming will catch on here in the Midwest.

I really do have a selfish wish of it becoming true sooner than not ....LOL

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:50 pm

And my christmas lights are still up because they are frozen down yet LOL
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Mark Saiger wrote:And my christmas lights are still up because they are frozen down yet LOL

laughing 

Maybe we should run a Christmas special and see how the people respond?? Might actually work. Smile 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:48 pm

My wife and I think that might be a fun idea Milspec If things don't get better faster in the weather department. We like it!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 pm

milspec6 wrote:I may have had to use a heat gun to de-ice my car doors this morning and shovel the 6 inch drift away (April 14!!!), but at least nobody is going all "road warrior" on me during the commute.

Maybe you just need a supercharger and a sawed off shotgun...works in the movies. Razz 

That's a very small problem compare to what happened to me today, went to whole foods for lunch and when we got out, our van's vanished, called the police dept and turned out it was towed because there was a no parking sign after 3 pm, it was 3:20 pm !
Walked to the police dept and paid $ 119 for a release vehicle form then walked to the tow shop which is another mile and a half and they want $ 168 for towing it a mile and a half from where I parked ! Then when I thought it was all over, saw a citation on my windshield for $ 46, turned out to be the most expensive lunch in my life !
And lost one job too because the customer is moving out and can't wait for me any longer  smash pc 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Man, that sux DP, sorry to hear that!!  Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad :thumbs down: police kick ass 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:50 am

That is one sucky day DP don't worry about that lost customer didn't sound like a repeat anyways
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks for reminding me to stay out of CA.

Ever wonder if a competitor reported your illegal parking? I had one report that I was a drunk motorist in hopes of making me late to a demonstration bid for a local hospital.

In my case it worked out as I ended up running so late that I went home and missed one of the worst hail storms in the state's history. Dimple free is better than a chance to bid a job.

I wouldn't rule it out Dp.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:48 pm

$168 for towing!! If you had hired them to tow the same distance to your mechanic; probably $80-100. When a city, county, or state agency calls the tow co. to tow a vehicle...its a cash cow. They pay good $. Here they(tow co) will drop you even if they are on their way; if one of those kind of jobs come in.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Mo, that is my repeat customer, lol, unfortunately they moved out of town and yesterday was their last day, they couldn't wait for me as they're leaving pasadena, which I don't blame them, I would leave that f@#$ing city too if I live there, thank God I don't, lol.
Rob, I don't think so, my van is blank white with tinted windows, noone knows it's a carpet cleaning van.
My carpet cleaners, yes I know those m@#$er f@#$er is out to rip people off, however the $$ is curse $$, they will not live a happy life ripping people off like that ! Oh well, it's over :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Ahh man that sucks if someone actually did that to you.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next