Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Angies List

+3
milspec6
ACpower1
Cjcann
7 posters

Go down

Angies List Empty Angies List

Post by Cjcann Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:04 am

Is anybody advertising with them? Is it working? I have a contract with them ready to be signed on my desk, just wanted to find out what you guys think.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Angies List Empty Re: Angies List

Post by ACpower1 Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:02 pm

Hey Diabloz,

I know everything there is to know about Angies List... I have been advertising with them for a while now and 90% of my business comes from there.

What are the basic guidelines of the contract they are offering?

How many reviews do you have on there now?

How many members in your area or the areas you can reasonably service?

Are they offering the concierge program to you?

Have they spoken to you about the storefront? or big deal?

What is the budget you are thinking about spending with them?

How good is your website? this is important as all the members will check it out

Make sure before you sign up that your business image is where you want it to be, or at least close to where you want to be

There is several types of customers on there, middle class spending around 150-200 and then there is a great amount of upper class but they will not call if your prices are in the 150-200 range. We recently raised our prices and our response is really good so far, did a house with an elevator in it today.

Let me know if you have any questions about AL and ill try and help out, remember their prices are not set in stone... they are negotiable.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:03 pm

It depends a lot on your area. When I advertised with them, it was a huge waste...barely had any effect, but oher areas have huge ROI from it.

I would think that your area would generate a pretty good response, but I don't know for certain. I would ask around and see if people are actually using Angie's list before I write any checks.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:20 pm

I just signed up on AL (for free page/listing?), and have one A review so far, but what should I do now?

Advo or wait for more reviews and things to happen??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 am

I have only about 3 reviews. I do have a website that is on my list for an overhaul. The sales girl wants to put me in a very affluent county near mine with 14,000 claimed members for $170 per month. Only 4 cleaners of 14 in that area now. I was supposed to sign a contract and background check before midnight last night " or the prices were going up. Did not sign, as soon as someone sets a signing deadline I shutdown. The sales girl told me that I was better off choosing this larger more member filled county ( for $170) than my own less rich, less affluent county for $70.00. Storefront? Concierge? Nobody has mentioned it to me.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:25 am

Only 4 cleaners out of the 14 in your area....are those 4 good cleaners doing good business? If they are, it might be worth it. If there is an O/O in that list of 4, try calling them....they just might tell you what you need to know.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I just signed up on AL (for free page/listing?), and have one A review so far, but what should I do now?

Just ask your customers to please put up a review.     They dont have to be members to review you.    Its just like yelp,  take a bit to get going but then snowballs

we have around 120 reviews, competing with Pure Clean that has about 300 and our phone rings everyday from angies list this time of year

Last edited by ACpower1 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 pm

eldiabloz wrote:I have only about 3 reviews. I do have a website that is on my list for an overhaul. The sales girl wants to put me in a very affluent county near mine with 14,000 claimed members for $170 per month. Only 4 cleaners of 14 in that area now. I was supposed to sign a contract and background check before midnight last night " or the prices were going up. Did not sign, as soon as someone sets a signing deadline I shutdown. The sales girl told me that I was better off choosing this larger more member filled county ( for $170) than my own less rich, less affluent county for $70.00. Storefront? Concierge? Nobody has mentioned it to me.

ask the lady for a temp access to angies list so you can see what the customer sees, tell her you have never seen it before from the member side and you would like to before you make a decision.

They will give you an access log in that will work for the day

Then go on there and look up carpet cleaning in the areas she wants you to advertise, find the 4 companies and look at how frequent they are getting reviews

You can see the dates of the review, so say they have 4 reviews in one month, thats really good because only a small percent give reviews... so 4 reviews in a month might mean they are doing daily work coming from angies list

dont listen to her sales tactics, the price is not going to go up... you can call her in a month and say you will sign the deal for the original price, shell pretend like she has to run it by her manager but thats bs.

14, 000 members is not bad, there should be a decent amount of work there and 170/month is nothing. You only need to get a few hundred of those 14k members
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:11 pm

ACpower1 wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:I just signed up on AL (for free page/listing?), and have one A review so far, but what should I do now?

Just ask your customers to please put up a review.     They dont have to be members to review you.    Its just like yelp,  take a bit to get going but then snowballs

we have around 120 reviews,   competing with Pure Clean that has about 300 and our phone rings everyday from angies list this time of year

That's what I was thinking, asking for them, esp. because some people use AL and Yelp both. BUT I always thought the consumer had to be a paid member to use or post reviews on AL, No?....did that recently change??

That's great you get calls daily.  cheers  Are you paying to advo on AL, or just free listing?

Thanks for the Help!!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:18 pm

If you decide to pay just ask for the manager and they will lower the price for you but you can count on them jacking up the price next year

AC how do non members leave a review?

Dave if you want to speed up the process of getting reviews be a paying advertiser. It's probably crazy expensive in your area though but it's all about ROI. For the record I don't pay for Angies advertising
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 pm

They can leave reviews here, I have a list of non-member reviews.... just like yelps "not recommended" reviews but there is no hidden filter algorithm, so they dont factor into your overall grade but still count towards # of reviews

Ya Davey we pay Angies List, 1k/month with busy months around 10k in return, slower months around 6k.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Some good sounding info here........thanks for all AC.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:51 pm

eldiabloz,

Did you finally sign up for some kinda of advo with AL?.....if so how has it been working?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Just when I think I understand AL I hear the $1k a month and get confused. How do they charge? based on referals or what?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:29 pm

From what I've gathered from talking to them, is price of advo is very flexible, and they will cater to your needs and budget. They have several avenues of advo for you to explore, and seem very flexible, but it doesn't seem to be based on "referrals" at all, but more so your amount of exposure.

eldiabloz??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:16 pm

you get more exposure the more you pay a month. We reach 120,000 local member for 1k
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 pm

so they get emails with "deals" etc

also when they call into call center and ask service rep for a good reputable carpet cleaning company then you get recommended based on your reviews and ad program

kind of like a referral but they end up going with you every time pretty much through call center
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:37 pm

I received a call from some who said the saw my ad on AL  2 rooms 69.00. No mam that wasn't me. She must have received an email went back to her account and saw the company with the most reviews?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm still hoping eldiabloz can let us know his results, if he did sign up after he started this thread?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:12 am

I have not advertised yet but they told me about 2 months ago that they have revamped How they charge and the whole system. Heard the CEO stepped down the other day. I will be in contact with them very soon to see what they can offer me.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:10 am

Last time I spoke to them their advertising went up big time compared to years ago. They told me they have had a big growth in members they do negotiate though
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:55 am

how many members in your area El D?    

Ill check the current number here and then let u know our exact costs so you can compare.  

Were bringing in about 3800-4800/week right now in the spring from just Angies List,    slowest week I think was about 2200 or so this winter,   not including the week of christmas/new years which we took off.    

It works well,   starting to look into whats next so we can max out both vans.    In the middle of summer it becomes a little more than what 2 vans can handle but looking to gain a solid gross year round.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:16 am

AC, do you have the most reviews for the areas you advertise ? How many competitor with closest amount of reviews under your listing ? Assuming they list the result based on total reviews ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down