Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Filtration line repair... kinda cool and a real fix.

+2
Pro Touch
ACpower1
6 posters

Go down

Filtration line repair...  kinda cool and a real fix. Empty Filtration line repair... kinda cool and a real fix.

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:45 pm

This lady had a pretty creative carpet repair guy do this. Carpet had horrible filtration lines but was expensive carpet which still had a good 10years left in it.

He cut out the edges and installed a border, then sold them the matching area rug... which I think he may even made himself

Pics dont do it much justice and the white on the area had turned color from a cleaning last year... overall I think its a pretty inventive cool idea

no idea what he charged though

Filtration line repair...  kinda cool and a real fix. IMG_0842_zps5857cd51

Filtration line repair...  kinda cool and a real fix. IMG_0844_zpsdf6aebce
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Filtration line repair...  kinda cool and a real fix. Empty Re: Filtration line repair... kinda cool and a real fix.

Post by Pro Touch Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Pretty cool.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Filtration line repair...  kinda cool and a real fix. Empty Re: Filtration line repair... kinda cool and a real fix.

Post by Mo Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Yeah it does look cool
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Nice job on the rug. Inlays are not that uncommon around here...........but I've never thought of, or seen an inlay used to correct a filtration soil issue.....not a bad idea, I guess.

Filtration soiling can be greatly minimized if the time is taken to vac the edges properly on a regular biases, or even permanently prevented, if the joint/gap between wall and floor is sealed or caulked.  wink 

Ever notice filtration soil is not much if at all an issue on a concrete slab floor/foundation?  rabbit 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:57 pm

That does look really nice...that guy has some skill.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Hey Joe,

I was messing with an idea of disposable furniture sliders... any ideas???

Ever have that furniture that is back in a corner and you cant really get tabs under easily? The sticky tabs work okay but im thinking of just a cheap round plastic disc that would be much cheaper than sliders.

Sometimes I end up leaving sliders on jobs just because I dont want to mess with it.

I have found 14 packs of smaller orange sliders for 8.99, which isnt bad but just need something that slides a little bit and stays where it is.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 pm

oh ya the hugger, im on it. spent a ton of money lately so catching up lol
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:42 pm

the sticky tabs work if the furniture is not heavy.

but what if the disposable sliders were just thinner round plastic and had some stick to them so you dont need the foam or thicker plastic?

idk if its reasonable
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:22 pm

ACpower1 wrote:the sticky tabs work if the furniture is not heavy.    

but what if the disposable sliders were just thinner round plastic and had some stick to them so you dont need the foam or thicker plastic?      

I have found 14 packs of smaller orange sliders for 8.99, which isnt bad but just need something that slides a little bit and stays where it is.    

Sticky tabs work great for there intended purpose, which doesn't include making furn ez to slide, like sliders.  Smile 

What I'd do, is just stock up on the 8.99 sliders and eat the cost if they're are needed, of if you're really cheap lol, charge the customer the buck or two in sliders needed to do the job, but build it into cost of job rather than showing them a $1-2 charge for them, to avoid the embarrassment of adding to the invoice. laughing 

What I've found with the cheap0 sliders, is they are just about useless!!  laughing They don't slide well being made out of cheaper plastic than what's slippery that's needed to make a slider work well.
So they usually stay as the furn pushes off them lol.........lika sez, useless!!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:55 pm

these orange ones at home depot are fine,   they slide couches or anything like that.. maybe not a piano.

what do you use for furniture that is back in a corner?      so say you move it,   clean underneath,  then need to put it back but its in the corner next to a couch so you cant reach back there to get something under?

that when I just use the sticky tab and kinda lift and slide so the tab stays

the tabs dont make it easy to slide, this isnt heavy furniture... just really akward spots that are hard to get foam under or foil tabs
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down