Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Memorial Day

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Memorial Day Empty Re: Memorial Day

Post by Ryan S Mon May 26, 2014 10:35 am

To me, it means America. The sacrifice that all our service men and woman make to make not only America the the whole world a better place to live. The sacrifice of life, family, and self is worth the honor from every American. Let's don't forget the great Americans who have stood in the face of terror and fought back to save the lives of those on the ground, and those who stayed by their fellow employees who were injured in and attack against our country, just so they would feel comfort even when they know their life will be the ultimate sacrifice, or those who fight for the very freedoms our founding fathers bleed for so many years ago. I'm grateful for their dedication to serve our great nation. My support is always with them and our family is proud to stand and say they are our great men and women!  Thanks for making our nation and our world a better place!  

God Bless Our Great Nation!
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon May 26, 2014 1:11 pm

It is a difficult holiday....reflection, not celebration.

I reflect on my days in the Marines, the early mornings rolling out of a tiny canvas tent. My uniform is damp from the night's dew and the smell of diesel fuel as the trucks fire up. I reflect on the friends around me and being part of a close team that has endured searing heat of the desert, being drenched in the jungles of the Philippines, and being so cold above the arctic circle that your nose was full of slush and your eyelids froze shut when you blinked.

I reflect on the belief that we were invincible and able to move mountains. We were young and ready to take on all challenges with the child-like belief that we couldn't fail. We had so much energy, stamina, and strength. We thought we would live forever.

I reflect upon all that and get reminded that the older I get, the more things I have to leave behind. I am not part of that team any more and my invincibility has proven false. My har is grey and thinning, my strength and stamina vastly reduced and some friends didn't make it past their early 20's....really good guys, all of them.

I reflect on all that and then drive through the neighborhood and see that most homes don't display a flag. People are all celebrating the fact that they have a 3-day weekend and businesses touting their special sale prices and most cemeteries are empty minus a small flag stuck in the ground by the local VFW.

I reflect on this holiday and end up disappointed by it all. Did you know that we only have 2 members of the US Senate who have served in the military? God help us all, because we need it more than ever.

To all those that have served, are serving, or have family in the military, I salute you all and thank you for fighting the good fight for a country that seems lost. May we all find and hold that same optimism that we had when we were young as we go forward.

Semper Fi
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm

milspec6 wrote:It is a difficult holiday....reflection, not celebration.

I reflect on my days in the Marines, the early mornings rolling out of a tiny canvas tent.  My uniform is damp from the night's dew and the smell of diesel fuel as the trucks fire up.  I reflect on the friends around me and being part of a close team that has endured searing heat of the desert, being drenched in the jungles of the Philippines, and being so cold above the arctic circle that your nose was full of slush and your eyelids froze shut when you blinked.

I reflect on the belief that we were invincible and able to move mountains.  We were young and ready to take on all challenges with the child-like belief that we couldn't fail.  We had so much energy, stamina, and strength.  We thought we would live forever.

I reflect upon all that and get reminded that the older I get, the more things I have to leave behind.  I am not part of that team any more and my invincibility has proven false.  My har is grey and thinning, my strength and stamina vastly reduced and some friends didn't make it past their early 20's....really good guys, all of them.

I reflect on all that and then drive through the neighborhood and see that most homes don't display a flag.  People are all celebrating the fact that they have a 3-day weekend and businesses touting their special sale prices and most cemeteries are empty minus a small flag stuck in the ground by the local VFW.

I reflect on this holiday and end up disappointed by it all.  Did you know that we only have 2 members of the US Senate who have served in the military?  God help us all, because we need it more than ever.

To all those that have served, are serving, or have family in the military, I salute you all and thank you for fighting the good fight for a country that seems lost.  May we all find and hold that same optimism that we had when we were young as we go forward.

Semper Fi
Hard to believe it's been over 15 yrs sense I retired. I miss the guys in the unit at times, but then I remember the hot, cold, wet, long hours, hit the ground running day's. I don't miss that but then I miss the guys the ones that even if you were pissed off with when the chips are down they've got your back. Something I thought about awhile back looking back on life thinking what have I really done. Then I thought I've done things most can only dream I've been responsible for keeping muitimillion dollar vehicles got drive, shoot work repair things meet people that others never will. I was asked by a retired E-8 what I would do if Uncle Sam called and said we need you back. What would I do I said pack my bags and leave better fight over there than here. He killed himself wish he had talked to me more. I remember and miss the guys alive and dead most will never know.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

We still fly them down on main street, but there were not many displayed in the neighborhood Sad 

Memorial Day Img_2039
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down