Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Anyone guarantee pet treatments?

+6
Cjcann
dp1
Davey Cracker
milspec6
ACpower1
OneBlueSummer
10 posters

Go down

Anyone guarantee pet treatments? Empty Anyone guarantee pet treatments?

Post by OneBlueSummer Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

If so, what exactly do u do? How are u known for it locally?
I am planning on wording it as we guarantee you will be satisfied"
Not gonna say 100% removal because it's impossible.
it also won't be a money back either it will be a we will come back and hit it again.
I was thinking of doing a radio ad about being the stink removal experts.
And get my company to become the go to urine eraticators.
My plan is that it's a nitch that most don't preach because they don't like it and or just can't get good results.
It will of course get me in front of a customer so cross selling will be a huge moving factor.
I would like any and all Input from yall.. thanks!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Anyone guarantee pet treatments? Empty Re: Anyone guarantee pet treatments?

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Its great money but one thing I learned is that when you show videos or pictures just show a very light situation where its just a few accidents,  not a nasty basement with lakes of pee.    

I made this video and then I stopped boosting it on facebook because I realized it will scare away the higher end customers,   thats the reason why rich people (except the cheap asses)  wont call the $150 specials..  they are worried what their equipment goes through and what kind of a job it is.    Heard that directly from several customers when they brought up using a price chopper company before.     I also push that idea on my customers,   "you really dont want to know what their equipment goes through,   some do bio hazard cleanings"      then they feel good about paying more.      

I do some nasties but I dont want most of our customers to know that.  Also the price reflects the extra time it takes to clean equipment after

It is a really good niche,  but I think you should make it a separate business.     URINE BUSTERS or something,    dont mess with your good Green Way name and reputation.    

just my 2 cents
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Those 2 cents have a lot of value. The cleaner that I worked for back in the early 90's had 3 companies. One only catered to the high end, one to the low, and one in the middle.

In truth, it was the same van and same equipment. He just replaced the magnetic signs on the van and his uniform accordingly. I recall one time where the customer was complaining about the budget cleaner she used the last time and how we were so much better....same company and same guys.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri May 30, 2014 9:20 pm

I've been guaranteeing 100%/complete odor removal for about 2 yrs now, and knock on wood, so far I've had nothing but success and some very happy and greatful customers, if they're willing to pay for what it takes to do it......and not just pet urine, any odor really, and not just in carpets either...........mattresses, rugs, word floor, wood paneling, hard surface flooring and grout, dirt lol, whatEVER!....the possibility's are endless!

For the last year or close to it I've been using 100% strength JoeDercdide!!  wink And in that time, only used 2/3 of a gallon so far. 100% gallon is a $100, but now my EZ money maker and customer satisfy-Er....I've been meaning to figure it out, but if I had to guess that 2/3's of a gallon has been 4-6k in odor removal income. I'd say I use it on 3 to 6 jobs a wk, which is a lot if you only do 8-12 jobs a week.  laughing 

If you CAN do what others Can NOT do, then you're lookin' good!!  cheers 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri May 30, 2014 9:22 pm

milspec6 wrote:Those 2 cents have a lot of value.  The cleaner that I worked for back in the early 90's had 3 companies.  One only catered to the high end, one to the low, and one in the middle.

In truth, it was the same van and same equipment.  He just replaced the magnetic signs on the van and his uniform accordingly.  I recall one time where the customer was complaining about the budget cleaner she used the last time and how we were so much better....same company and same guys.

Haha, that's funny!!........
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri May 30, 2014 9:43 pm

Here's a Yelp review from one of my customers. Her living room was wall to wall dog urine soaked, and she could not believe how severe it was when I showed her with the UV light and moisture meter  <---(My secret weapon, for those customers in "odor denial" lol). I don't walk into a first time customers home without it in my pocket because it's what sells odor removal when they only called me out to 'clean' the carpet/furn.  wink 

Her review.......................

"This was my first time having my carpets cleaned. I'm currently renting and have 1 dog and 2 cats........accidents happen and I had tried everything to get the stains and smell gone. The stains kept coming back. I called Dave (the owner) and he came out for an estimate for my carpet and my couch. He was very friendly and took his time going over the estimate with me. He did an incredible job. I was pleased with the price, his knowledge, his service, and now 2 weeks later - the stains are still gone.........they are gone for good! Looks great...........very pleased customer!"
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 30, 2014 10:07 pm

ya my poor hydro shark.. how much she has been through... prob should soak her tips in peroxide
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 30, 2014 10:12 pm

a fair price is about half the price of what its costs to replace.

its easy to get results doing this, Im sure we all do. as long as you know how to use peroxide and joedorcide, then the only worry is cat pee on super white carpet baking in the sun under a window.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri May 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Of course Charlie, I do guarantee 100% removal for $ 10 / sq ft ;-)
Just kidding, no I never give guarantee even after inspecting the carpets, even knowing the carpets polyester or olefin, why ? Because people lie, they put resolve, folex, etc and say never put anything to them, of course they look more oxidized than untreated stains, but I'm not taking a chance at all, besides one of IICRC guideline is NOT to give any guarantee for stain removal, that's what I use to explain to customers, most are ok with no guarantee, most are very happy with the result. A couple are not, but hey I won't make anyone's problem mine, sorry, ain't my stains :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Oh looky there!.......the IICRC IS good for something!  cheers 

laughing Rolling Eyes 

I say don't get sucked in to the outdated tech or the old ways of thinking, and give new things a try to experiment and find the limitations.......the chems and equipment we now has access to are so much better than they were two years ago, I know personally I can do and prevent things I could NOT just two years ago!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat May 31, 2014 3:22 am

I dont guarantee it, you never know how many pet treatments theyve had. there could be massive sub floor damage. To even think about a guarantee you would have to pull the carpet back and inspect every time if its really bad... they could have had 5 pet treatments already and still getting more and more urinating daily.

and usually the kind of customer that would hold you to a guarantee in a situation of a ton of urine is the kind of customer you prob dont want to work for.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Sat May 31, 2014 3:38 am

ACpower1 wrote:I dont guarantee it,   you never know how many pet treatments theyve had.    there could be massive sub floor damage.    To even think about a guarantee you would have to pull the carpet back and inspect every time if its really bad...   they could have had 5 pet treatments already and still getting more and more urinating daily.      

and usually the kind of customer that would hold you to a guarantee in a situation of a ton of urine is the kind of customer you prob dont want to work for.

AC is right, unless you are going to pull the carpet back and inspect it can be very tricky guaranteeing it. I just did one, 3rd floor of a condo development, fluffy had used under the bed as her toilet for a couple of years. 27% hp and joedercide liberally applied then water clawed and rinsed and water clawed and rinsed and water clawed and rinsed. Like it never happened at all. Unless you live in the unit on the 2nd floor. lol ( was worried about that, but whew not ceiling stains)
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 am

Wow so much good info!
I think not advertising it is a good point as the higher end keep calling and I don't want that to change..
Was really just trying to think of a unique niche for big boy advertising.
I will keep doing what I'm doing and just say once we get there I will be able to test for urine and we can go over the options then.
Going to do a step 1 2 or 3 thing.. i like that. Probably going to pitch it like the big boys and call it Cat1 Cat2 Cat3. . Severity.

Thanks again guys, my water claw should be here on Monday and I gotta pick up some washable markers this weekend. Already got all the juices, light, and meter. Wahooo!
Pro pee Suka here I come!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat May 31, 2014 3:26 pm

I only offer 2 stages.
1 is surface treatment.
2 is claw work.
Stage two gets a odor removal guarantee. Stage one does not.

What you guys call a stage three, is not for me. I don't stretch or replace carpets. Not my gig.

Window cleaning has taken over the bigger part of my cleaning business. So, I don't really want to get real DEEP in pulling carpets.

Everyone needs to find their niche for themselves and their market. I think I have found mine. Still luv suckin rugs though. Gratifying.

And with Joe's great products and this board, we prosper.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sat May 31, 2014 4:22 pm

I only guarantee that they will be happy with the work. If for any reason I dont think I can make them happy I go to my next appointment. For me it's all about establishing expectations. I often compare the cleaning to a washing machine. If it ain't coming out in the wash it ain't coming out with the cleaning. Then we talk specialty stains and odor control. I get down on the carpet explain the type they have and wear and tear. Then I explain the layers of the backing padding subfloor. Usually by the time im done talking we are on the same page. Then if all is well we get to work. Never assume the customer is informed or has reasonable expectations of the work. I will tell them "maam if I was building you a deck or replacing the carpet I could tell you exactly what to expect, but all I'm doing is cleaning a piece of fabric that you walk on"
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat May 31, 2014 7:35 pm

CK, Mr. Blue, sir Green,
A friend of mine in the biz ran into a guy down in tri-cities who charges $100 per room, and people pay it. He has a video showing his procedures(cant remember where it is). He would require the people be out for 3 days(to allow for drying). His treatment would start with a 33gal plastic garbage can with a recirculating pump. Add a few gals of really hot water, add the powdered pet treatment chem, allow it to mix/dissolve then treat the carpet heavy. Claw it , ......
Wish I could remember where the video is, if I find it I'll pass it on.

Matt
Mr. Wonderful
The carpet guy
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 31, 2014 7:45 pm

In addition to the washable markers to outline the contamination, I like to use a poker chip in the centers. That way you are instantly reminded about the money these stains are providing you...kind of takes the edge off from the smell and nastiness of the job and gives an easy to see marker from a distance.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat May 31, 2014 8:03 pm

."kind of takes the edge off from the smell and nastiness of the job"
No it dosent. The bad ones are accually 2 jobs:
1- pet urine.
2- my vomit.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 31, 2014 8:18 pm

My carpet cleaner wrote:."kind of takes the edge off from the smell and nastiness of the job"
No it dosent. The bad ones are accually 2 jobs:
1- pet urine.
2- my vomit.

laughing 

Never forget the vicks....always use it on the stinkers.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down