Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater

+2
Mo
OneBlueSummer
6 posters

Go down

Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater Empty Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater

Post by OneBlueSummer Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Do you ever plan on adding a heat exchange feature to your mounts?
Maybe a pliable version that can be added on ?
I was really hoping your sswh was stainless steel water heater Very Happy 
I understand it wont be crazy heat but even enough to get hot tap water hot would work..
I know the velocity dude had some sort of thing he was supposedly gonna do.
What say you?

My biggest problem with ETM's is by the time I have a separate heater, and a generator I have zero room left. I carry LM at all times too....
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater Empty Re: Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater

Post by Mo Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:48 pm

If you a do lot of rentals with no power then maybe you might need a genie but then again what do you do now when there is no power. I have never used one and haven't needed it. A guy on TMF rigged up an auto radiator using the electric vac exhaust to generate heat. 

Here's how I originally set mine up. I can put my orbot between the reel and ETM or to the left of the reel.

Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater 100_4132
I'm think about taking out the shelf and putting the machine in the rear that ill really open up the side door area
Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater 100_4133

My LG  is between the reel and shelf
Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater 100_4131

Get an underbelly tank and you save room in the cargo area
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater Empty Re: Mr Odin or Others thoughts ETM heater

Post by Mo Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:50 am

You can bet that the life of those electric motors would be greatly reduced when using them to pre heat water
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Lots of good info.. thanks! Mo your setup turned out so nice! I remember when that think was a big pile of rust!

Mo I HAVE to carry a water tank because I currently live in snow country and water is only available 2/3 of the year.

As for a gennie.. I do some commercial and a possible breaker blow out is not an option.. that and when doing 3 story stuff (especially in the snow) it just gets ridiculous.

I think my biggest mistake in my set up is I didn't get a vertical freshwater tank.. its more long then high. I should just get a nice vertical one and toss my old one.

Do the LG heaters have any "scaling" issues like my steel diesel heater? I have ran so much acid through the thing and it still shoots out black pebbles after only a couple uses.
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 pm

That Deseil heater turned out to be past it's prime, I'm sorry!!   Plus the thing is big.

If you ever want to check out what a #2 LG  is like,  I could come up some time and show you mine, maybe clean some carpet with you.

I think as far as space savings go's  ,    that little TM Terry is offering would be perfect,  No generator and no heater, and no fresh water tank needed ,   could hook up to a sink faucet in the winter.   If I had 4000 G's I would seriously loan you the money to get it.

One thing you could do, But it would mean running your machine off the generator, get a 2400 watt eclectic heater, I think they take two plugs? that would give you great heat IF your easy on the trigger and take a minute off to do dry passing . It would slow your production down a little but could get you by for a while. If you can find one used for not to much money , might be an option

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:38 am

I seen a system awhile back on of my customers uses I had never heard of or worked on. I was working on his air movers. But the tm was electric he had to run a cord to the house to operate. As I talking to him about how it worked I found something interisting the water is heated by a coil in the water tank connected to the engine coolant system so that as he drove the van it heated up the water. I asked haw well it worked he said great for him temp. Were around 180 - 190 degrees with a 205 degree thermostat in the engine. He has three trucks the TM is called a Bain system. Been thinking about making a water tank for another customer using 55 gal drums as their a Rest. Company and only need hot water once in awhile but water all the time. Haven't done anything yet.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:14 am

Ive seen those too. But once your out of hot water thats it. Cold for the day.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for that info as I said I have never worked on one . But wonder if a bigger coil would help for what I had planed with a 55 - 60 gal drum. Maybe I'll get around to trying it sometime to see.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down