Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

4 posters

Go down

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) Empty "Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Had it for less than a week.  

Been using it as much as we can in every crazy situation.

Been mainly on residential (even though was built more for commercial)

First have to say....You need to retrain your Brain when using this!

We are so inclined to try and use it like a wand....can't really do that.

We like:

That it flushes like crazy.  Have the larger unit with six .02 jets. Slot glide in front and hole in back.....

Took the weight off the top (which should have done the first time if would have watched Erik's Video better)

Settings, keep in mind on thick residential....You need to walk it!  And realize it will clean frontwards and backwards (train the brain)

If you are going to do more residential, would recommend the smaller unit as the larger unit HAS A LOT OF SUCK! But I don't mind!

Did my own carpets on Sunday.  Thick Nylon.  Did paper towel and toilet paper test for moisture. Both papers looked about the same, but the Zipper area still felt a bit drier (even my wife confirmed) compared to my same flow 6 jet Prochem Titanium.

I have a large restaurant job tomorrow night, but so far, we like the unit.  Tomorrow will be a better test for us.  We had a really heavy soiled lower profile sculpted nylon today, and the thing just flat out cleaned and flushed the junk out!

It is different than a rotary, so it won't replace a rotary in my opinion in some cases, but you can crank up the pressure I am told and flush even more.  We have been running at 500 psi which is pretty typical for us and our High Heat Butlers.

So, this is my report at this time about the LARGER Zipper wand.  I have the straight handle, and might even order the "Z" bend ergo handle to try out as well.  (Guy can't have enough toys!)

Also, I bought this Zipper, so I have no cat in the fight.  Just wanted to give my .02 cents so those of you wondering (like I was) can have some info.  Also, feel free to contact me with question.  Will try to answer as honest as I can.

Here is video (we got better running it about an hour later on the second job by taking longer strokes and doing more "Mowing" of the carpet Smile )

Video of first job....and pics of second grimy job.

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-02183726_zpsd696faeb

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-06105029_zps6aaf3969

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-06105701_zpscd2e3dc3

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-06111440_zpsa6cb3b4a

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-06112329_zps0729e9f4

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) Empty Re: "Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Looks very typical for that tool, great flusher, but that motion strains the middle back...no doubt in my mind Mark. You may not feel it now, but log a long day on it and you will.

Just look at the video and watch your mechanics with that tool. You slightly arch your back and lean back on the back stroke. That is the natural mechanics of the body with the arms placed like that. With a wand, you don't do that...the tool moves from the hip.

If you plan to use it just for the heavy traffic areas where you want the great flushing, then it could be a killer tool, but that would seem like a costly addition when you already have a rotary.

I don't know, I really want to like this thing, but I just can't get past that motion over several hours of usage. That is the same reason my Steamin Demon sits in the shop for the last 3 years...they share a similar motion and similar problem.

I am hoping that the new handle changes this motion....looking forward to hearing from Jim after he zips the schools with that new handle.

Thanks for the video Mark, all information is helpful. Looks like you are enjoying that tool....I am curious, you said that it doesn't replace the rotary tool....why not? Is it more of a rotary quality flushing, but wand quality scrubber or is it something else?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) Empty Re: "Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:06 pm

It is definatley more of a workout with the larger unit on thick pile carpet.

Got to the second job today which was lower sculpted loop and just walked with it more, vs going fast in the forward stroke (train the brain) and it was much better.

Will know more tomorrow night Smile

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Mark, with that handle, if you can try to hold your hands up higher so that the handle is more chest level than waist, you will have a much happier back. It was just so easy and natural to let the arms hang down in a relaxed position. Up high and there is far less back fatigue.

Good luck...give 'em hell while it is still warm. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:17 am

Great review Mark on of the best videos of the Zipper yet although Dustin's video comparison was pretty good too. Let Keep them coming.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:53 am

Videos will be on the way later tonight (2 hours of sleep and running to BNI)

But this thing is a cleaning machine.

Had some areas the wand just would struggle.

Hook up the Zipper and "Pow"!  Done!

We are going to order another one as we have some big "Dirty" Commercial jobs yet this coming week.

Just works for what we need and would say almost twice the speed of a high flow wand once you get it in the  groove!

Videos later, but a couple pics for now.

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-07230615_zps82f3c2a8

"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :) 2014-10-07225832_zps77a51dc4

Mark Saiger

www.saigers.com

"Bring on the Blue!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 am

Curious....each time someone posts about this tool, it is always prefaced with statements about the efforts to dial it in to get good results.

Can you cover what steps were needed to achieve that, what was it like when "out of tune", and how often did you have to re-tune it on the job?

Not to be so negative here, but I think that those details are important to anyone reading these posts and thinking about adding this tool to their business.

Maybe that can be covered in the next video.....

And for Pete's sake Mark, get some SLEEP! We aren't that young anymore. Shocked
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:55 am

milspec6 wrote:Curious....each time someone posts about this tool, it is always prefaced with statements about the efforts to dial it in to get good results.

Can you cover what steps were needed to achieve that, what was it like when "out of tune", and how often did you have to re-tune it on the job?

Not to be so negative here, but I think that those details are important to anyone reading these posts and thinking about adding this tool to their business.

Maybe that can be covered in the next video.....

And for Pete's sake Mark, get some SLEEP!  We aren't that young anymore. Shocked

I sure will.... Be happy to help answer questions to help others decide if the tool might be right for them.

I have about  4 places yet to go today and it might be tonight or next day (in case I do fall asleep sometime today Smile)
But quick answer on adjustment, I think it was 2 quick adjustments and I felt good with it.

Will try to make a video and as well until then try to explain even if with some quick pictures

Tired but feeling very blessed with so much work and awesome contacts on this board and others.  

Thanks so much guys. Will post soon Smile

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:55 am

Looking forward to it, thanks.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:59 pm

what pre spray do you use Mark?
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:20 pm

ACpower1 wrote:what pre spray do you use Mark?

Harvard chemicals for us.

www.hcronline.com

Send me and email and I will send you the formula we are using.

msags@mchsi.com

UPDATED 10-9 @ 7:12 AM CENTRAL TIME....JUST NOTICED MY EMAIL WAS MISPELLED.  NOW UPDATED CORRECTLY

SORRY Smile

Last edited by Mark Saiger on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:46 pm

nice, just checked out their site.

on the commercial carpet it looks like your cutting right through the grease, the residential looks like its taking a lot of flushing and passes.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:52 am

Well, broke my phone last night....yep I dropped it again....but  this time, didn't survive. Will be up and running later this morning I hope.

But....

Here are a couple videos of the other night.

Tough Restaurant and Bar we do.  2 levels, so big job.

In the past, have tried RX-20-'s

Have tried Red pad scrub and high flow (12 flow)on 6 jet Prochem Titanium's  and Hooked to High Heat Butlers (with the 47 larger Blowers)

Has presented different problems in Cleaning each time.  

This time we just presprayed  (using Harvard products PM me if you wand the formula) , no agitation (intentionally) and went to see what the Zipper could do.

It did great.  Definitely a time saver for our application.

There were some areas the High Flow Prochem Titanium had a hard time cutting, but the Zipper would buzz it right out. I think it is able to keep the heat enclosed a bit more, but also, the angle of the jets is pretty dang spot on.

Set up of the Zipper is way easier than thought.  

See Erik's video for basic care and set up.  Set up on commercial carpets, be able to slip a business card under and have it just start to hold the business card. (oh and take off the weights that are on the zipper....really will not need it)

For residential carpets, set the back glide up to about 3/16" from the FLOOR or Hard flat surface you are using to set distance from....Then go clean the carpets.  You can mess around with it a bit more, but it is just minor tweaks or adjustments maybe from here.

We used the same setting on 2 different height residentials yesterday to test....did great! (again taking the weight off the unit was a big help compared to our first run)

The larger unit is harder to use on residential, but I really don't mind.  If going to do more residential and you want easier, get a smaller head one and maybe ergo handle.

Now for the Videos, lighting is terrible, but hey....THE DANG THING PLAIN OLD CLEANED AND IN ABOUT HALF THE TIME Smile

So, I am not an expert with the unit, but wanted to try and share what we have experienced.

AND I DID ORDER ANOTHER SAME LARGE UNIT WITH "T" HANDLE Smile

We have some large jobs coming up next week and we want both vans to have it.

The unit is maybe not for everyone, but it will be a help for us....again, just sharing our experience to the best of our ability.

And I will do a video (as soon as I get a phone....LOL) of me setting the height.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:56 am

Here's the video Mark is talking about
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down