Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

CFM tests with wands

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

CFM tests with wands Empty CFM tests with wands

Post by SCCC Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:45 am

Okay today was interesting, I made some videos and these are my findings, I am going to post two videos,
The first is the wands kinda interesting to some the second is just a really boring video just to show the lift gauge at the tm. I don't know how to lay video in video so if you want to check if it is true you can watch the second boring one.
Some of you have asked, and yes Tony and I are working on a wand together, some of you may ask what my part is in it...well this is part of it, for about a month or so now I have been doing as many test as possible and talking with Tony about them.
I feel that we are really making positive adjustments to the wand, and the reviews of the few so far that have bought it are outstanding. This is what we both want and are working together to try and make this wand a top performer that will be know for VALUE, PERFORMANCE and QUALITY
What this video shows is that ALL wands tested to hit 10 HG's all ended up flowing about the same amount of air, so is the 1400-1700 price tag really going to stand for long???
I am waiting for Tim....my local fabricator to help with the swivel and when the prototype is done and I REALLY think this may be the wand to beat not because it flows the most open air but because of all the other user friendly features that it will have,
 Adjustable jets that are set without extenders, window, swivel??, weight, perfect seal glides (no GOOP) choice of jet flow, 4 or 6 jet configuration, choice of glide Hole,Hybrid,Slot. 3 month happy guarantee.
all for 599.00 I think it will be a very good choice.
I would like to state in my first review of the Devpro when I tested cfm of it, it was a lot lower than the pc quad now in this video you can see that the DP is now = or just above it that was a huge improvement for this wand PC Q 354 cfm DP was well well below that!!! when we first started

boring TM
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

CFM tests with wands Empty Re: CFM tests with wands

Post by Pro Touch Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:03 am

This might be a boneheaded question, but why do you need a funnel to put the anemometer in? Is it because the sensor head is larger than 2" in diameter or another reason? Will the sensor not read correctly if just placed over the end of a vacuum hose?
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:11 pm

This was a test to try and see what happens when the wand is on the carpet...what is happening in the hose, we all have done cfm tests with funnel in open hose tests... and for 2.0 hose if comes out in the 300's hopefully.
I have been asked to figure out what kinda cfm you get while cleaning, so I placed a rug over wand slots on each wand tested, my tm was just out side of the window in the bedroom so I could see my lift gauge and adjust rag till @ 10HG was hit.
10 hg is my average hold on carpet when my legend is running at factory settings of 2600 rpm's That has always been my standard start point.
What this was showing is no matter what wand they all dropped into the same general area of cfm.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Were they all 2in tube? Do you have a 1.5 inch tube to compare the difference in CFM with the two. If the difference is negligible I may switch
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 pm

The difference is huge, Mo......you should switch to a real wand!..rather than a portable wand. laughing

As long as you're not using a silly 1.5" whip hose, if you are then the wand and the 1.5" hose are a restriction both...and both need to go! wink  Going all 2" with my small 36 blower makes a HUGE difference.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Mo wrote:Were they all 2in tube? Do you have a 1.5 inch tube to compare the difference in CFM with the two. If the difference is negligible I may switch

Mo
I do not have 1.5 wand I do have 1.5 long stair tool but that is not the same. I would say that there is a difference, Because a 1.5 wont flow 300 cfm, but as you can see they all dropped down to @ 140-150 range when under 10 hgs
The ? is will a 1.5 wand even flow 150 cfm? Yes it will but you have to look at this also. The lift point or choke on a 2" wand is at the slot. A 1.5 tube wand the lift is at the top of the tube that is where the lift is starting to happen it is the choke point.
Then you have to think about this the small tube is opening up to the wand head so you have a smaller point of suction trying to put a larger opening under vacuum.
Vacuum is like water flow but in reverse
What happens if you take a garden 3/4" hose and hook it to a larger hose say 2"...it will build pressure but you open the end and it just falls on its face the smaller cant keep the larger full of pressure.
 I think the problem lies in the head of the 1.5 wand. The head has more volume than the 1.5 tube.
Now upholstery tool or stair tool is different the head is much more matched to the size the tube this is why the smaller tools scream super loud but 1.5 wands are not as loud the choke is happening at the top of the wand instead of at the wand slot, it has some but it is loosing a lot at the top of the tube
If that makes any sense
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 am

Davey Cracker wrote:The difference is huge, Mo......you should switch to a real wand!..rather than a portable wand. laughing

As long as you're not using a silly 1.5" whip hose, if you are then the wand and the 1.5" hose are a restriction both...and both need to go! wink  Going all 2" with my small 36 blower makes a HUGE difference.

I have a 2' tube wand now. You think the VT 12 is a portable wand?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:15 am

Wouldn't the choke point of a 1.5 inch tube be were the tube inserts into the manifold? Isn't the holed glide creating lift as well? No doubt the 2 inch wand is probably best but Im wondering how much of a difference.

I would venture to say that the 1.5 inch wand will also flow 150 cfm using your gauge. Now lift?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:05 pm

I have a 2' tube wand now. You think the VT 12 is a portable wand?
No I personally think that is one of the most powerful wand combos myself
I told Joe back when we were working together that a 12 2 would be awesome.
That wand should work very well MO maybe it is and that is why it is making you sore, and why you are think 1.5.
I have always heard guys say the evo mini does really good for a 1.5
I have a Evo 16 but I just can't love her, I try, but I can't get past her looks.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Mo wrote: You think the VT 12 is a portable wand?

Yes, basically I do, if it has a 1.5" tube? Even though it's not called that, and most that don't know, don't call it that, but I will.  laughing

But for me, after using a 2" tubed wand, a 1.5" feels like a toy and a portable/rug dr. class wand. lol  Especially when you have a good air flowing head on that 2" tubed wand, and you're getting full advantage of it......on mine I can just hear and feel the difference in the suction.  Not to mention carpet drys in less than half the time with the 2" over the 1.5" and just flat out cleans better.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:42 pm

I guess I'm sticking with my VT
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by caltoolsupply Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Dave
How you like your 2" wand ?

caltoolsupply

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Great, it's a VT 1.75" tubed wand killer!!! Cleans great, and at just over 8 lbs. after my mods. it's much lighter, which it very nice.

The suction is so much better it's not even in the same game as any other wand I've used!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:22 am

Which wand is that?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Mo wrote:Which wand is that?

TonyDang? PC Ti pro copy I guess. Not sure he has an official name for it, but it's nice.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down