Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Best Descaler

3 posters

Go down

Best Descaler Empty Best Descaler

Post by milspec6 Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 pm

I have tried various brands, but what is the most effective one? I should have descaled last month, but time got away from me and I need to get it done soon. I am out of the last product and want to find the best option.

Is it the Prochem brand?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Best Descaler Empty Re: Best Descaler

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Wow, I found a gallon of descaler from my local that I never tried before...it has been on my shelf for about 6 months. I wish I knew what the acid was, but it isn't listed on the bottle (house brand). All I know is that it turned blue in use.

What-ever it was, it worked better than anything I've used before. I ran it through the machine and then let it set for about 15 minutes prior to flushing it out. It actually plugged up my inline filters 3x before everything flushed out.....I've never had that happen before.

The heater heats up faster now, so it looks like it was successful, but that local disti sold off the store a few months ago....doubt I will be able to get that product again. Sad
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm

While on the subject, I've heard differing opinions on whether it is safe to run descaler through a Cat pump or not?

Not having a trust-worthy chemical injection system any more, there really isn't an option but to run it through the pump. I've never had a problem before, but after seeing all the junk that came out of my machine, I'm a little worried that there might be some scale debris waiting to ruin my pump at the wort possible time.

I did flush it out for 15 minutes and then winterized with RV antifreeze...pressure was steady, but should I be worried?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Turning blue ? If it was in a plastic jar type container sounds like HM brand I used it at ILS and liked it.
If it clogged your filter I would descale it again and when flushing use a open ended hose with a cutoff so you can open to control pressure.
Damage to pump. Generally if you don't leave it (descaler) in over night but flush it really we'll it should be ok.
If you have debi breaking loose clean until it stops. If you wanted too try it you could use white vinager 50/50 mixture after draining the sys and refill let it set an hour or so then flush.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:45 pm

ACE Services wrote:Turning blue ? If it was in a plastic jar type container sounds like HM brand I used it at ILS and liked it.
If it clogged your filter I would descale it again and when flushing use a open ended hose with a cutoff so you can open to control pressure.
Damage to pump. Generally if you don't leave it (descaler) in over night but flush it really we'll it should be ok.
If you have debi breaking loose clean until it stops. If you wanted too try it you could use white vinager 50/50 mixture after draining the sys and refill let it set an hour or so then flush.

I feel a lot better now. I ended up removing the end on my pressure hose to clear the debris and just ran it open for about 5 minutes until the water was clear. I think the advice to descale it again makes sense, there was a lot in there this time around...must have been a little lazy on my softener recharges.

Curious, why the restriction on temperature with descaling? The only way that I have to control the temperature is to open up my fresh water inlet to mix with the hot water. When trying to descale the system, it can be a struggle to keep the temps down around 120 degrees. It certainly slows up the process a lot.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Try 150-170 degree then shut the unit down and let it set for 15-20 min then flush. If you have a water Bx then take a open end sol line and let it run in the water Bx so you can keep circulate the descale sol over and over then let it set the flush.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:12 pm

150-170 degrees would be easier to control....what would happen if it ran hotter, say 190?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:08 am

ACE Services wrote:Try 150-170 degree then shut the unit down and let it set for 15-20 min then flush. If you have a water Bx then take a open end sol line and let it run in the water Bx so you can keep circulate the descale sol over and over then let it set the flush.

The only bad thing with this idea is if you have debris, they're going to be go back into the water box and go straight to your pump, I would release it first for a few seconds until it clears.
I'm a prochem guy so I'm bias, I use prochem descaler but I also heard great things about them from non prochem guys, my suggestion is to give them a shot next time.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:47 am

Your prochem water Bx is like most it's supposed to have a screen filter in the bottom to filter the trash out plus the big debi settles to the bottom of the water Bx then just vac it out with the unit and refill.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum