Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

You need a magnifying glass

4 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

You need a magnifying glass Empty You need a magnifying glass

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:50 am

I just received my new iicrc certification card (yes, I still believe in remaining a member) in the mail. It is rare, but I do use being certified as part of my advertising so some customers ask to actually see the card. It has been good for business and helps open the door for up-sales as well.

Last year, the card had some wonky print that made it a little cluttered on the card...actually looked faked. Okay, no big deal, just disappointing.

My new card arrived and the printing was more organized, but in some of the smallest print I have ever seen. Seriously, I had to go get my reading glasses to pick it up. I know that they need to cram all the different certified areas onto the card, but what good is it if you can't show the customer without pulling out a magnifying glass?

Anyone elses run into this as well or did I just get the late Friday production quality?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

You need a magnifying glass Empty Re: You need a magnifying glass

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:55 am

I haven't heard from them in a while, makes me think if I updated my new address when I moved a few years back, shoot, thanks for the reminder and I'll update the answer to your question when I get my new card.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:30 pm

I rarely get asked about certification but I have been asked about how I got started. I wonder if that's their way of asking how I how I got my training? I usually just say I'm TCL Certified Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:07 pm

I think the public worries about us on the first cleaning unless they found us by referral. That little certification card does seem to help them relax a little......when they can actually read it anyway. Wink
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:21 pm

I got certified and kept it up for a while but dont bother anymore. I feel like the classes and the whole deal is to sell us stuff.

The jon don classes are basically a selling seminar. "your competition has this pro team vacuum, do you??" "turns out its on sale for all the class students, just 375.00"

nothing bad about being certified but I never got anything out of it, we even got a carpet warranty call this summer.. they never even mentioned the IICRC
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:56 pm

You're lucky cause if they know any better, they will lose their warranty due to carpet manufacturer's policy of not having it cleaned by an IICRC certified technician.
I'm not for IICRC, as a matter of fact I hate going to classes, but I kept it JUST for that warranty reason alone which I think is a bunch of bologna.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:16 am

I view the classes like I do forums. Most have a lot of noise, but if you go in with the right attitude, you can come away with a lot value from your fellow cleaners.

I actually think that they should use instructors that are cleaning for the first time just to get the veterans in the room to become vocal in their critiques. That is where the value to a class resides, with the collective knowledge in the room (just like in the formns).
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:30 am

I view the classes like I do forums. Most have a lot of noise, but if you go in with the right attitude, you can come away with a lot value from your fellow cleaners.

I actually think that they should use instructors that are cleaning for the first time just to get the veterans in the room to become vocal in their critiques. That is where the value to a class resides, with the collective knowledge in the room (just like in the formns).
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:30 am

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down