Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Tony dang wand glide.

+3
ACpower1
Pro Touch
dp1
7 posters

Go down

Tony dang wand glide. Empty Tony dang wand glide.

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Look guys, before I start, I need to make sure that this thread doesn't go to rumble mode, those of you that don't agree with the way Tony does business nor would you ever buy from him, please keep your response professional, I'm asking nicely :-)
I just realized after over a year of very light usage that Tony's glide doesn't have any scratches at all, usually with green glide I would have scratches in the first week of use.
I only have one of Tony's wand ( titanium tube, metal head ), and hardly use it due to the weight, but the glide is really impressive, I'm considering to buy his PC titanium knock off in the near future, especially if he's willing to trade this one with that.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Tony dang wand glide. Empty Re: Tony dang wand glide.

Post by Pro Touch Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:47 pm

I have a wand that with a Tony Dang glide that I have used lightly for the last 9 months. It's a Joe built VT14 or CMP14 if you will. The wand came with the TD glide and it didn't fit all that well. You had to put on a lot of sealant and the angle of the holes on the bottom were a little off (there was another thread about that on here). The scratches on it appeared just as fast as any other glide in my opinion. Just as fast as the Green Glide on my other wand. I have Joe's new glide and it fits a lot better, but I don't have enough time on it yet to be able to speak about scratches. I will assume that because all these glides are marketed as far as I know, that they are all made from Teflon, I would assume they would share wear characteristics. Here are a few pics.

Tony dang wand glide. Td_jb_10

Tony dang wand glide. Td_jb_11

You can see in the top pic the difference in machining and fit from TD on the left and JB on the right as well as slot placement on the bottom. The JB glide fits so much better and the slots are aligned better with the floor. JB gets my nod on attention to detail and fit. The lower pic shows scratches from light usage on the TD glide sitting next to a brand new JB glide.
I have no dog in the fight and am just trying to relate some of my observations.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:52 pm

funny how green glides are like 200.00 and anyone with a 3d printer could pump those things out for much cheaper and still make money
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:06 pm

Eric, I appreciate your honest opinion, I will try to take pictures and show my green glide and TD glide side by side.
I don't have JB glide as all the pmf titanium wands I bought from him all comes with Green glide.
I have no problems with TD, JB or Lisa, as a matter of fact I admire Lisa for her way of doing business ( I believe she gives free glides to veterans ? ) so if you were in the arm forces, try to take advantage of that, for that factor alone, I will continue my support for her.
I simply expect honest opinions on these glides :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:11 pm

I meant to say all glides are about 200.00 it seems like not just green glides.. but why are they 200.00? anyone know? thats about 3 bucks in plastic
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:35 pm

ACpower1 wrote:funny how green glides are like 200.00 and anyone with a 3d printer could pump those things out for much cheaper and still make money

But, Will a 3D printer actually cut Teflon?

GG's are a total rip off, even more so than the rest of the over priced stuff in this industry.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 pm

I have no experience with Tony's glides...have no idea and I have no idea what it costs to make a glide.

All I can say is that I wish they lasted longer and cost less, but we all do.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Almost $200 for a glide??? I've never paid anywhere close to that. Last fall I got a "16 slot GG thru Joe for about $129. All the others were $99 ish.
Years ago I used some banana glides from my tee...they did just as good a job as the others.

To get a bit more milage out of them, I've used a high speed multi tool to sand them smooth again. Once or twice I've used a wood planer on them.

Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 pm

I used to pay $ 179 plus tax plus shipping direct through Lisa, then I found out Joe sells them for a lot cheaper, bought it twice from Joe however since 2 of my titanium wands are model wands, I get free glides for life from GG, so now I only need to buy glide for one of my wand, therefore I buy them from GG and will continue to buy from her because I don't want to be the jerk that gets a lot of free stuffs and don't give anything back.
I simply just try to be honest in my opinion and give credits where credits are due.
I agree, teflon are cheap ( not as cheap as some suggested ) but I seriously think at $ 50 a pop someone would've make profits, especially if it's made outside the country, again that's the problem, we want them cheap and we want them to be made in the USA and we also want everyone to be making $ 25 / hour, it's nearly impossible folks coctail
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:39 pm

I haven't noticed one wearing quicker then another.

Tony's are made in his shop (USA), I was told, but I'm not totally sold on that....for what's it worth.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:26 am

GG are made from pure VIRGIN TEFLON this is why they are pure white, virgin means it cane be used in the food industry.

The USA made (AND YES THEY ARE) Tony glide is made from MECHANICAL TEFLON, from what I understand it is made up with recycled teflon  thus the different color, I can say for sure but I feel it is a bit harder and wears a bit better than GG's
Glides all kinda suck going on a sheet metal headed wand, they always needed goop
And yes when I first started cleaning carpet I paid 200.00 for green glides for west pak wand I bought.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down