Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style

5 posters

Go down

That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style Empty That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:35 pm

We hit 75 degrees today....man did it feel good. It isn't going to last as it will be in the mid-50's for the rest of the week, but I'll take that too. This also means that it is time to start thinking about attire for the summer months.

I like to wear the lightweight tactical pants (5.11 or Propper) for most of the year. They breath well, stain resistant, don't wrinkle, and hold up well. They seem to work for about 9 months out of the year down here, but there are some months were shorts are necessary.

On commercial, you work mostly nights, so nobody really cares what you wear. I've cleaned some buildings in Hawaiian shirts and running shorts before, but I need to be more careful now that the contracts are getting more competitive. That means some sort of uniform pant and that has been the tactical pants.

On residential, what is the standard? Seems to me that pants would be more professional, but even the big companies are running around in shorts these days, so I guess I can change as well. I don't care much for those long board-style shorts that I see on the USPS or UPS guys, but maybe that is the limit to maintain a professional attire.

Okay, I should get to the question. Are shorts acceptable on residential and what would you say are the best choices?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style Empty Re: That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:03 pm

I just started a thread about how hot yesterday and today is and then saw this thread, so I deleted it, lol.
It was 94 yesterday and 93 today ! I'm scared to face summer when it's still winter and it gets this hot already !
I wear shorts and dress shirt with company's logo and name of technician, it's funny that all my techs don't like wearing shorts, so they either wear jeans or tactical pants, I don't require uniform on pants, I don't feel the need to, even though most customers we have to face are ladies and they look at how we dress and hygiene, I don't think they will look at pants as much as they look at tops, I could be wrong though.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style Empty Re: That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

I am actually surprised by this....the techs prefer to wear pants?

Are they wearing a dress shirt then with the tac pants, or polo shirts? I actually go with the polo shirts as you can get them in super-wicking types that keep you dry and prevent odors.

It would be interesting to find out what the ladies think on this topic....anyone out there, maybe a few wives want to chime in?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:34 pm

What's a "Wife's"?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Oh one of these things?!?! That time of year again...fashion week, cleaner style Zombie10
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 pm

LOL, I asked my wife and I was surprised by her answer.
We had 2 different pest control company serving us in the last few years, the 1st company only lasted 2 services, the 2nd one is still going, and I remember that the reason why I fired the 1st one is because the treatments were not working really well, but my wife said that the 1st company also don't have uniforms, I just remembered that, they're also charging twice the money than my current one, she also said that they walked all over our tile floor without talking their shoes off, lol, yes my wife is a clean freak.
The current pest control guy wear long pants and uniform and does great work and now that I remember things better, he's a more clean cut person while the other one seems to be employing teenagers that don't really care of the way they dress.
There you go Rob, hope that helps.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:39 pm

dp1 wrote:LOL, I asked my wife and I was surprised by her answer.
We had 2 different pest control company serving us in the last few years, the 1st company only lasted 2 services, the 2nd one is still going, and I remember that the reason why I fired the 1st one is because the treatments were not working really well, but my wife said that the 1st company also don't have uniforms, I just remembered that, they're also charging twice the money than my current one, she also said that they walked all over our tile floor without talking their shoes off, lol, yes my wife is a clean freak.
The current pest control guy wear long pants and uniform and does great work and now that I remember things better, he's a more clean cut person while the other one seems to be employing teenagers that don't really care of the way they dress.
There you go Rob, hope that helps.

Bingo, that helps and what I was suspecting.

If you are in a uniform, you look like a professional. Not in uniform just looks like some dude from the neighborhood. There is a reason doctors like to wear lab coats and it isn't because they work in the lab. Impressions matter and I guess I am stuck in pants again this summer. Mad

Thank your wife for me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Yup pants, for a couple different reasons.
And not Jeans that can bled, but proper work pants, that dry quickly...I was thought....

To look professional and to protect myself against the funk on the hoses touching my legs.  Which is the first way I think I got a staph infection.

I'd rather be hot than infected.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:Yup pants, for a couple different reasons.
And not Jeans that can bled, but proper work pants, that dry quickly...I was thought....

To look professional and to protect myself against the funk on the hoses touching my legs.  Which is the first way I think I got a staph infection.

I'd rather be hot than infected.

Not to mention hose burns....I'm in agreement.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:22 am

I was thinking a bout hose burns also and how if I had my shorts on and my sandals it could be dangerous around a hot hose. What if I trip because my sandal catches on something could be dangerous or emberesing. When I'm running my power tools or hot areas I feel safer covered.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 am

Safety is always a very big concern...at least it should be.

If you are earning an income off of your labor, then it better be important to you not to get hurt. A simple wrong step and you are out a lot of money.

I actually tripped in my garage yesterday carrying a box of oil and ended up landing onto a pile of vac hoses with my wrist bent. No harm done, but that could have easily caused a wrist injury and then I would have been out of luck.

Think safety out there....even when it comes to your clothing.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 am

I like golf style polo shirts, russell makes nice ones. They are wicking sport polos I guess you would call them. Then pants we dont care whatever we want to wear, jeans or khakis

I only wear shorts when its really hot like middle of summer
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down