Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down?

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down? Empty Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down?

Post by Mo Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Last week I received a call from a customer in Phoenix last week. He was wondering If I had started serving the area again.  I told him no and just use the guy I recommended for him last year. He called me today. The guy no longer does the cleaning and has employees. It sounded like the tech browned out his white carpet too high PH maybe. He also said the in the transition areas they left swirl marks on the tile. Looks like the tech might have run the RE on the tile. Great. I told to call the owner and insist that he come back to fix the problems.

It's a shame how some companies expand and the quality of service turns to shoot needless to say I wont be reccomending him anymore

Last edited by Mo on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down? Empty Re: Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down?

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:16 pm

That is the problem with having techs work un-supervised, you will get burned on occasion with the best of them.

I sent work to a cleaner near me that had done fabulous work for me in the past, but he to left the truck and his nephew was doing the cleaning now. The quality was way down and made us both look bad.

Remember that your customer trusts you, so if you are going to recommend someone else, it will be a reflection on you. The last thing you want to do is ruin that trust as you will never get it fully back.

I hate to say it Mo, but I think I would call that cleaner yourself and intervene on behalf of the customer. A simple reminder that you want to keep sending work his way, but can't if the quality is going to be poor should do it.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down? Empty Re: Has anyone in your refferal network ever let you down?

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:26 pm

its not hard to have techs and keep quality high but you have to have systems in place to maintain this.

most companies figure this out the hard way or when its too late. I spend over a year with someone before they go out on their own, then when they do their pay is much higher than the usual employee.

Ive done it with this business and did it with 3 guys in landscape construction until they were building/installing full landscapes on their own. Retaining walls, patios, sod installs, etc

Trust me its much harder to trust someone to do that type of work than some steam cleaning.

Problem is carpet cleaning companies hire guys that should just be doing grunt work or digging holes and they expect them to hold some super high quality work, but they pay them hole digging rates lol

We always had hole diggers, dirt movers, etc but they damn sure werent in charge of the project LOL
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:09 pm

That original topic title didn't even make sense Very Happy I'm glad you guys understand my gibberish. I meant to say let you down. I should have just done it myself it was a 700.00 ticket.I just promised myself I wouldn't be driving down there anymore.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down