Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New water tank transfer pump

+2
milspec6
Cjcann
6 posters

Go down

New water tank transfer pump Empty New water tank transfer pump

Post by Cjcann Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 am

Just purchased this 60 psi 4 gallon pm pump from Northern supply. I have had a water tank on my truck for 5+ years and never used it. Went to do a layers office and could not get water, messed up interior faucets, no bibs or spigots on. This is the only option. Choose this one because it's guaranteed not to shut down because of of overheating- heavy duty pump about $90.00 let you know how it does.
Attachments
New water tank transfer pump Download?action=showthumb&id=230
pump northstar.JPG (38 Kb) Downloaded 106 times
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

New water tank transfer pump Empty Re: New water tank transfer pump

Post by milspec6 Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks...great timing.

I still have a transfer pump on my shopping list for my truck, looks like a strong candidate to me!
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:24 pm

That's why I carry a faucet to hose adapter. So I can connect to a sink spout if there's no bib around...........I use it about every 3 years. laughing

It does help to have the Rain Bird type connector for those commercial buildings though when a regular bib isn't Available.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:That's why I carry a faucet to hose adapter. So I can connect to a sink spout if there's no bib around...........I use it about every 3 years. laughing

It does help to have the Rain Bird type connector for those commercial buildings though when a regular bib isn't Available.  
I have every adaptor and connection known to man, 1st time in my career of 30 years that nothing was going to work. Sink started to leak underneath, all connections welded on. I even have a water line braided hose adaptor that I made, not going to work here. Ran the new pump setup today, WOW, a whole new world for me. Did 2 jobs with out having to hook up water. This is a beefy pump, did everything I asked it to, very impressed!
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:41 pm

eldiabloz....thats how I feel now, My new setup has a 125 gallon fresh water tank and I fill it with soft water and go to town....feels weird to have electric hose reel too....as a matter a fact for the first time im using a hydro force. Man im old! :farao:
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Back in the day when I was in California running a Steam Genie I would have to repalce that very part frequently for some reason....it was a Teel pump brand and Graingers carries them too. FYI
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:03 pm

Okay, you got me convinced on that pump...will be joining the test.

I really don't know how people function without a fresh water tank in this business. Having to connect to the house all the time is just asking for trouble.....broken bib, leaks, wasps, etc.

I decided to always have a water tank after getting sliced up reaching through rose bushes to hook up my water hose once. Never want to go back.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

milspec6 wrote:I really don't know how people function without a fresh water tank in this business.  Having to connect to the house all the time is just asking for trouble.....broken bib, leaks, wasps, etc.

That's weird, in my 27 years of connecting hose to bibs at the job, I've never had any of those problems, not even once!......maybe I've just been lucky?..knock on wood. lol

Theirs only 2 issues I've ever run across, and it's not very often. The first is, sometimes on commercial jobs it can take some time to locate a bib, but it helps having the Rain Bird plug-in type bib thing you connect to the yellow covered connectors you see in the ground at a lot of commercial places.

The other issue, which is also rare is, the high water pressure you run into at homes in the hills. Which if I don't just barley crack open the bib, will cause my water box to overflow.

I've always wondered why homes in the hills have so much higher water pressure, does anyone know?..maybe the water company has to use higher pressure pumps to supply those areas in the hills??
99% of my work is in the flat lands where the pressure is normally about 100psi, but those in the hills are double that or close to it, I'd guess.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Ive had those problems and more...I used to hook up a hose at every job and this is the first time I dont have to do that anymore.....many problems from hose hook up and junk in random hoses....seems I always had a guy who saw it easier to just use a hose thats hooked up already....I was tired of saying THIS IS WHY WE DO WHAT "I" SAY. Im getting mad all over again. lol I love my electric reel AND the live pressure line AND water tank...how the simple things in life make one happy.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
milspec6 wrote:I really don't know how people function without a fresh water tank in this business.  Having to connect to the house all the time is just asking for trouble.....broken bib, leaks, wasps, etc.

That's weird, in my 27 years of connecting hose to bibs at the job, I've never had any of those problems, not even once!......maybe I've just been lucky?..knock on wood. lol

Theirs only 2 issues I've ever run across, and it's not very often.  The first is, sometimes on commercial jobs it can take some time to locate a bib, but it helps having the Rain Bird plug-in type bib thing you connect to the yellow covered connectors you see in the ground at a lot of commercial places.

The other issue, which is also rare is, the high water pressure you run into at homes in the hills.  Which if I don't just barley crack open the bib, will cause my water box to overflow.

I've always wondered why homes in the hills have so much higher water pressure, does anyone know?..maybe the water company has to use higher pressure pumps to supply those areas in the hills??
99% of my work is in the flat lands where the pressure is normally about 100psi, but those in the hills are double that or close to it, I'd guess.

I agree, I always hook up to water spigot at customer's homes, I also have kitchen sink adaptor and rain bird quick connects ( 2 sizes ).
It definitely easier to have a clean water tank but you're going to pay for that in the gas pump, you're carrying an extra couple thousand pounds of weights, not to mention the dangers of not being able to brake especially in LA where if I can get a dollar for every car that cuts me off and brake in front of me, I'm already a millionaire by now.
I can't imagine the time savings over some millionaire jerks do that to me and suing me for a couple of million dollars.
Now if you have a box trucks it might be a different story.

Regarding the water pressure on the hills, yes I work in the hills area all the time and their pressure is crazy high, I have a 30 psi pressure regulator attached to my quick connect, that definitely helps but I also don't turn the spigot on too much, probably one 360 turn or sometimes even less, I usually do the hearing test, if I turn it 360 degrees and I heard the water rushing out too much and fast, I turn it down to 180 degrees, if it sounds ok, I left it there, if it sounds trickling, I turn it higher. Hope that makes sense.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 pm

I have a pressure reg. too, but it starves the machine of water, by working too well........so ?I guess I'll have to buy a new one, and see if that works.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:41 pm

You can get a brass pressure regulator for RV's at walmart for all of $6-$8 that has solved all of my overfill my water box and flow water all over the van and driveway problems. Look in the auto section.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:22 pm

It might just be a midwest issue Davey, winters around here can wreck a hose bib pretty easily.  Then when you try to use it, basement floods......they blame you, bad day.

Midwest isn't big on landscaping either, so you might have a huge patch of poison ivy, a family of raccoon, brown recluse spiders, and just a pissed off cat with rabies hiding in there by the hose bib.

Plus, with a storage tank, you have courtesy water available on the road, and you control the hardness of the cleaning water.....I realize that is also more of a Midwest issue.

As for the pressure up in the hills, the water company has to supply enough pressure to reach the farthest building on the line, so it would require boosters to reach those up in the hills.  

Those homes should have pressure regulators in their systems to keep home plumbing protected, but most hose bibs bypass the home's plumbing (softeners, water heaters) and is direct from the main.  

Have your tried a second water box to allow a pressure drop?

https://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.920.2426/2568
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:58 pm

I just went down at Northern Tools today and almost purchased that transfer pump, but I wasn't sure if I really wanted a "demand" style pump or a "bypass" style.

Being a butler user, this is the first time I have been looking for a transfer pump. I have some distant memories of other machines when working for other cleaners, but all that I recall is that they got pretty hot and sounded like a coffee can full of nickels.

So, help me out here. What should I really be looking for in a pump?

Bypass vs Demand?
Is 50 psi about right or is it safe to go higher?
Flow greater than TM pump output rating?
Voltage draw preferences?

I was going to stop at Dultmeier and select a pump, but I also found pumps like the one from Mytee to be interesting, although it seems like it would be too high of psi to me.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Interesting??? scratch

http://www.downwindmarine.com/Johnson-Aqua-Jet-Washdown-Pump-5.2-GPM-p-91002507.html

http://chem-tex.com/c361-transfer-pump/
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:06 pm

Ok first 40 to 50 psi is all you need for pressure 3.5 to 4.5 gpm for water volume. Bypass pump runs all the time as long as it's a good pump it should be ok. Ryan has been using on almost a year and I just got him a second one for his other van. The reason he changed from demand was because he had to many pressure switches going bad 3-4 a yr at about $30 Ea plus down time. Again if the switch was better quality it would be fine. His demand was a sure flow $400 the bypass is a $180 aquatec thats to the door price. This brand is what mighty is using in their portables.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks ACE, that was what I needed.

Time to start shopping...
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:15 am

I guess I will give this pump a try as it is local.

https://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.851.857.4063/7534

I like their Fat Boy version a lot, but it comes with double the price.  I'll know soon enough and might get that NorthStar one as a back-up in case this ends up a dud.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down