Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Live reel conversion

4 posters

Go down

Live reel conversion Empty Live reel conversion

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:02 pm

It is 97 degrees out and I look like a lobster working on this F-ing truck again. I found that I had to go back and re-plumb the water tank as I forgot a drain line...just a line to feed the pump,,,so now I am trying to re-engineering things.

On top of that, I was getting ready to load my solution reel and dug out my conversion assembly to make one reel a live one. Problem....how the hell does this work using below:

http://www.jondon.com/high-pressure-swivel-assembly.html

I assumed the swivel slides into the axle of the reel, but with no cutout in the axle of the reel, I ran the psi hose through the reel on the other end of the axle and connected. Made sense at the time, but that leaves a hose that really doesn't wind up at all .

What the heck am I missing here?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Live reel conversion Empty Re: Live reel conversion

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:11 pm

I have no experience with live reals, sorry...

But it's crazy what the suppliers charge for stuff like this! I'd bet money I could go to my hydraulic hose supplier and have the swivel hose made for half or less that price they charge.

WE ARE BEING RIPPED OFF, if you let them.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I have no experience with live reals, sorry...

But it's crazy what the suppliers charge for stuff like this!  I'd bet money I could go to my hydraulic hose supplier and have the swivel hose made for half or less that price they charge.

WE ARE BEING RIPPED OFF, if you let them.

I agree, but I got mine for about half that price local.

On my butler, there is open cut out that you connect your solution hose to that swivel which is installed at the end of the reel's axle. My Rokkan reels do not have such a thing, yet this kit was supposed to be for use with this reel....I don't see how. No
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:40 pm

You all have the parts to make a poor man's live sol swivel on your trucks right now.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Sure, but I don't want to just waste this swivel lead either.  It just irritates the hell out of me that I can't find a way to make this work.

Like everything on this project, things went side-ways.  I plan it out, shop the parts, and get to it only to find that there is a brace behind the wall that I can't drill through or things don't line up, etc.  I'm fed up with starting over all the time!

Just in the last hour, I connected my APO...just like it was planned.  I had a victory only to find out that the pump was reversed from what I thought the inlet / outlet were.  There were no markings on the pump to indicate direction and the tech sheet never specified which direction you were facing on the pump so the diagram was meaningless.

50/50 shot and I lost.  Now I had to re-drill the mounts, flip the head, and now the fittings do not line up so I will need to go shopping again for parts and my inline filter will not be accessible without unbolting the bracket and flipping it over.....that is just swell.

I was supposed to finish it up this weekend, but now I think I might be farther away than when the weekend started, sunburned, irritated, and lost another $350 in misc parts, bolts, etc. for little gain.

I am actually afraid to order the propane tank now....probably be a reason that it will not work either.  End up having to bolt to the roof or something. Mad Mad

At least I can take comfort in knowing that I have to be up 6.5 hours for another fun-filled work week. Sleep

The only good thing is that I should be getting to attack that reptile exhibit this week.  After seeing that, it will feel really good to come away with a victory for a change.

Oh great, my leg is bleeding...probably get lockjaw now from it.  Don't even know what cut me. drunken confused
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Rob not sure if this us helpful but from what I recall on mine  the swivel is inserted into the tube on the reel and its held on there by an Allen bolt the water line from my pump inserted into the inlet of swivel on reel.

I dont have the swivel anymore but I used an air hose swivel for illustration purposes
Live reel conversion Img_2011
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:12 pm

That is how I set it up on the reel tube with the other end of the pigtail running to a tee off my main solution line to the panel.  I'm good there.

Where I scream is connecting to the swivel.  The reel tube is hollow and so I ran the end of a 100 ft solution line into the tube and threaded into the swivel.  That all made sense and it should give me what I wanted.

Should have, but didn't because there isn't a way to wind the hose onto the reel with a severe bend and I still had to contend with the vacuum reel clearance as well on my stacked reel.

Live reel conversion Soluti10

I have this same set-up and you can see that it has the swivel assembly attached in the picture....just can't see how it is set-up.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:15 pm

You can do the same thing with a q connect set put the female side in the pipe with the live feed hose attached tighten the bolt and jam nut put a elbow on the male end and attach it to the sol hose, then put the Q connects together now roll your sol line up on the reel. If you use a SS male connect it will last longer. Cheaper than 65.00.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Nice tip ACE Thanks!!!
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Live reel conversion Cavema10

Ah, that was the problem....I was trying to connect it like the butler units and it just didn't make any sense.

I added a line onto the swivel assembly to reach the pump tee.  What I need to do is connect a separate psi line from that tee to the reel and then use the swivel pigtail to connect to the 100 ft hose via QC.

Still seems like it would cause a bad bend to the line without a swivel or at least an elbow on the other end of the reel shaft....pretty crappy design compared to the butler which leaves the hose straight.  Maybe I need to ditch these little reels and buy a used butler reel to run live?

Here we go again......getting farther from the finish line.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Scratch that idea....no room for the butler reel, I just ran out and checked.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down