Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Anyone use Flash Cuffs?

+4
dp1
Mo
Ken Raddon
Devon07
8 posters

Go down

Anyone use Flash Cuffs? Empty Anyone use Flash Cuffs?

Post by Devon07 Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:55 pm

The ones that came with my equipment (grey) didn't last long and I knew they wouldn't....I just needed some time to use them while searching for cuffs that work pretty good. I read a few reviews and several are saying Flash Cuffs are pretty good....I see several comments on some other cuffs but they are not necessarily unbiased from my opinion....so, I'm looking at the flash cuffs....any thoughts or opinions on some that use them?
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Anyone use Flash Cuffs? Empty Re: Anyone use Flash Cuffs?

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Ive used them and they are okay. I had them on several links of hose but did away with them when I won a mytee pool filter at Superiors cad day. That button will not remain easy to push for long. At least they didn't for me. I have all mytee cuffs now.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am

I have only used cool cuffs besides one of the make ends cracking i have no complaints I'll have to shop for a different brand after these wear out cuz i dont buy anything from from wanders products
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Unfortunately I have no experience with cool cuffs, but I would assume the "clicker" on it can be lubricated if it doesn't push as easy as it was when it's new ?
I would need to explore that option as well since I will no longer support wanders products anymore, even though I can purchase them locally.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:19 pm

I am a huge supporter of Cool Cuffs being the best out there, but not all can get there around here anymore. They are far better than flash cuffs, especially in the winter.

That being said, sometimes we over-engineer these things. When I started out, I just used pvc tubing and those cheap rubber cuffs. It was super quick as you just slide the rubber ends over a 6 inch section of tubing. They didn't leak and they break down super quick.

The only reason I stopped using that method was they didn't work when you had to run hoses up the side of a building to reach upper floor apartments. That is where Cool Cuffs became a life-saver.

Try the pvc and rubber hose ends....you might be very surprised by the results over a flat hose draw.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I ordered the flash cuffs....They were cheap enough to try out. Cool cuffs aren't an option.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll give my opinion when I get them and also when I get some miles on them.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:43 pm

I've used both.
Cool cuffs are good, but at times it was annoying to get it lined up to twist in. I have a 2.5" on my rc99. Same thing, hard to line up and twist.
Flash cuffs, push, click, locked. Ya, the button can be hard to push. But I haven't had any issues with functionability. And they twist rotate better to get hoses unkinked.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 pm

You better watch out Matt, someone will fire you over that comment, lol laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Honest people rock! I like opinions of truth...I will never be anyone's puppet!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:09 pm

Don't let the wife read these posts Devon....it got Mo cut up. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:12 pm

lol.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:53 am

milspec6 wrote:Don't let the wife read these posts Devon....it got Mo cut up. Laughing

laughing Can't someone lurk in peace around here
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Im not afraid of my wife.

She says im too old to worry about it and she will be spending my life insurance for 15 years after im gone!

Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:08 am

uh oh Dp,    u get fired?   lol     what happened?         I still get stuff from wanders,     but thought that the attempted sabotage on truckmount forums was really dumb.    

used cool cuffs for the last 6 years.       They are okay but do leak,    even the "perfect seal" ones leak air.

havent really found anything better so I stick with them, they are tough and dont wear out easily.. other than some leaks

I have one set of flash cuffs and they seemed fine but never used them long enough to have the button stick.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 am

Seems like if the button sticks they need a squirt of WD-40 maybe? I'm curious how well they will do, I haven't cleaned since putting mine on. I am impressed with the fit BUT I have never tried any other cuffs other than the ole standard they come with.

I wonder why these companies that sell TM systems don't use these products for perks and purchasing incentives? I got a Cleanco jacket that was well over a $100 jacket....heck, give me some cuffs or a filter or Glides or.....see what I mean? Besides the jacket is way to warm of a jacket for someone in Oklahoma....darn Canadians. lol sweet jacket though.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:25 pm

Jackets advertise Cleanco.....cuffs advertise the maker of the cuffs. Money Pile

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:34 pm

relia built TMs all come with an RC99.    

I think when they throw in hoses with cuffs and an entry level wand they are trying to get you set up to actually use the equipment but for the cheapest price possible.

kinda like a pressure washer comes with pressure hose and a gun,    would be kinda weird to sell equipment without all the stuff needed to actually use it

any cuff is a big upgrade over the vinyl ones
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:17 pm

AC, here's the story, I posted here :

https://thecleanerslounge.forumotion.com/t2545-where-to-buy-hoses?highlight=hoses

Keep in mind that mr. Joe "perfect" Bristor lurk in here and if you're not on his side in your comments, you're risking yourself being "fired".
I didn't feel like I was fired, he called me a mother fucker, so I didn't stoop down to his level and decided not to support him and his business anymore, I and my business did not depend on him to survive and he does not deserve my hard work income.
I would never treated my customers the way he treat his customers, and most of my customers don't spend as much as I spent with him.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Rob....thats part of my point...the jacket is good if you live in Canada....its to hot for me to ever wear it. Its was nice and I thanked them for it....I just see numbers better spent on equipment a new guy will need at some point...heck toss in a ball cap if you want the name. I think once delivered they send a couple Thank You goodies in the mail would go a long way.

AC...the vinyl cuffs I had were the worst I ever used....they weakened easy...also, I have never cracked a hard plastic joiner and had two cracked on this set.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:40 pm

DP...that's the thread he thinks he fired me over...I got the filter from him before I realized his story...heck I even complimented him in the replies, blew my mind as to why he was pissed at me. I can care less. Read my old threads and you will know customer service is big with me. I fired him! lol
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:22 pm

Scott, I never expected anyone to side with me however I really appreciate that you do, I'm truly sorry you can't buy from JB anymore, he has some great products, but I understand your skepticism of buying from him even before any of these things happened.

I just don't understand why he gets really upset over me asking why in the world are the reusable crimps wouldn't screwed on the hoses, and they are only $ 5 each, if he would've said oh I don't know, I would've let it go and toss them all in the trash ( the bad batch ) and he would still earn my business. Oh well, it's his loss, not mine.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:48 pm

DP...I don't know that I "cant" buy from him...I suspect that's the deal but will never know because I don't buy from him. It's bad the way he treats certain people and after hearing your deal it only strengthens what I believe. Recently I was lurking a few other forums to try and find some info related to my needs, I learned there are SEVERAL banned or fired cleaners from him....they all seem to have the same personality... very helpful in forums who have an honest opinion and don't drink the koolaid....I suspect if you don't sing his song you don't get to buy his products....LOL Either way, I didn't talk ill of him...he just wanted to create drama and maybe get traffic to his site. He wanted to hide behind emails...I asked him to call me and talk direct so he could understand what I say publicly anyway....but no balls!

Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:03 pm

dp1,

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was insulted by Joe. He didn't know me from Adam and unleashed a triad on me over a simple misunderstanding. How does the guy stay in business? Haven't ordered anything from him since he was kicked off the forum. Too bad. Kiss my ass Maybe this is the kind of treatment he's expecting?

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down