Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How Long before you were really busy and making serious $?

+6
Raffy
Erik
Mo
dp1
Ryan S
OneBlueSummer
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Long before you were really busy and making serious $? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Long before you were really busy and making serious $?

Post by Mo Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Sounds like your working quite a bit Mill. You think you're ready to take the plunge and run the biz full time?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

How Long before you were really busy and making serious $? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Long before you were really busy and making serious $?

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 pm

I was ready last Jan., but I was handed a job in management on a temporary basis and promised that if I succeeded, that I would keep the new position. That new position paid over 3x my annual salary, so I put the business on hold and worked my butt off for 4 months. I was able to exceed all their needs, but they gave the credit and the job to someone else in the end. I couldn't have been more motivated to become a full-time cleaner after that, but I had already lost out on some key months and the fall wasn't far away.

My present plan is getting all my ducks lined up so that I can drop that miserable job and go full-time in the Spring. I have already tripled my commercial contracts for 2014 and have been working with a veteran cleaner in the area to help provide some support....always better as a team!
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:38 pm

That gives you plenty of time to plan and hit the ground running. I can just imagine what you can accomplish if you gave the biz all of your time and energy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Sky's the limit in this area...limited cleaners to compete with and they are not well liked in the first place, so the wrecking ball is coming.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ACpower1 Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm

damn carpet daddy, 50 jobs/ week is pretty good and thats a slow week? @ only 200 each thats half a mil per year. how many vans to handle that many jobs?

were going up to 2 vans next year, not because the first one is booked completely but because we turn down too many jobs when 1 van is too busy, or have to turn down jobs that need it done this week or last minute etc.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

ACpower1 wrote:damn carpet daddy,    50 jobs/ week is pretty good and thats a slow week?      @ only 200 each thats half a mil per year.       how many vans to handle that many jobs?

were going up to 2 vans next year,    not because the first one is booked completely but because we turn down too many jobs when 1 van is too busy,    or have to turn down jobs that need it done this week or last minute etc.
That's a good dicision AC. Having to potential to handle ore work is motivation that will sling shot ya to some good growth. That was my approach last year and it has paid off well. Good luck.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Three to four vans. I'm the fourth. We are closing in on a half mil - hoping to do it next year. We really should be able to handle the work all day with no more than three vans. BUT, all three of my guys are single dads and two of them are have to take their kids to school so they can't usually get to their first job until between 9 and 10 (half the day is gone Sad  ). Irritates me a lot but they have been with me for almost five and six years, they are extremely honest, and extremely dedicated.

Sounds like you are definitely growing in a good way. When you grow too fast the added overhead can really hurt you. Good luck.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:
OneBlueSummer wrote:How long did it take you to be doing 15+ jobs a week?
Four months.

4 months !! study  

Ok .. I have heard you say that you design your ads, did/are you just having them put in peoples doors?

You started in the supposed worst time ever to start a business and were able to fill the schedule that fast!? How many ads and what other avenues have/are you using to generate these stats?
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Mo wrote:I can just imagine what you can accomplish if you gave the biz all of your time and energy
How Long before you were really busy and making serious $? - Page 2 What-he-said

milspec6 wrote:

My present plan is getting all my ducks lined up so that I can drop that miserable job and go full-time in the Spring.  I have already tripled my commercial contracts for 2014 and have been working with a veteran cleaner in the area to help provide some support....always better as a team!
milspec6 wrote:Sky's the limit in this area...limited cleaners to compete with and they are not well liked in the first place, so the wrecking ball is coming.  
 How Long before you were really busy and making serious $? - Page 2 You-can-do-it-
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2