Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies

+4
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Mo
southernbred123
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies Empty picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies

Post by southernbred123 Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:15 pm

It was only used a few times. Like brand new with tile spinner,hand held spinner, hose ,wand. One of the vacs wasn't working. I got it home and figured out one of the hoses was routed wrong and caused it to knock one of the prongs off on the vac motor that the wire plugs to,easy fix. Other than that it looks like it was only used once or twice. $300. couldn't beat it.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies Empty Re: picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies

Post by Mo Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Good finds southern comfort, that thing is pretty heavy huh?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies Empty Re: picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies

Post by southernbred123 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Its a beast to load in a truck. It shouldn't be too bad going into my cargo trailer with ramp door. As long as I don't have a bunch of stairs to drag it up . In my area everything is mostly ground level anyway.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:49 pm

Excellent deal right there. Should pay for itself after the first 2 jobs.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:09 pm

The hose that broke the power lead t the vac was a pulse hose. It rubbed a deep gouge in it. Is the pulse hose anything special? I saw that pump tech claims it is. I was wanting to have new hose made up at the local tractor company, hydraulic hose.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:17 pm

I'm not certain what is so special about that hose, but hydraulic hose is massively stronger than any hoses being used in our industry.  The burst strength is not comparable, so as long as you can get a section to fit, I don't see why you couldn't do it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 pm

they claim it dampens the jarring from the pump pulsing.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:23 pm

might just be their way to sell a 34 inch hose for $50

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:27 pm

My ETM has a pulsation dampener hose on the pump. It does look like a hydrolic hose with a screwed on cap at the end of ir.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Oh, it doesn't have a pulse dampner in the system?  Maybe you can just put a loop in the hose run to create the same effect?

I'm sure ACE will be along to shed some light on the subject, but as long as the hose isn't installed rigid, there should be enough "give" to reduce pulsations...at least I would think so.  It works in household plumbing.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:34 pm

It takes the place of one of these on a pump powered by an engine. I would buy it
picked up a mytee m12 dirt cheap with all the goodies Pulsat10
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:54 pm

I found some online a lot cheaper than from mytee. 28 ft of it for $30. Ill take it and have it made up at the tractor company. beats paying $50 for less than 3 ft.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:14 pm

southernbred123 wrote:might just be their way to sell a 34 inch hose for $50

Hmmmmmmm I'm not really sure because I'm not familiar with it, and can't see the hose, but I'd guess the same thing..........just worded to make you think it's special, so you'll buy it from them.  Buy I'll throw out a couple guesses, with questions to answer, to see if I can help...

Can you post a picture of it?
Does it have fittings on the ends, or just regular hose the slips over barbed fittings?
Maybe if it's the hose that goes into the inlet side of the pump, it needs to be reinforced because of suction so it doesn't collapse?...
if that's the case, I would think regular vinyl nylon reinforced hose (clear vinyl with a white X braided nylon string in it)  from Ace would work fine........and then just loop it so it provides some dampening, like I think Rob said.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Pulse hose is a special hose, I wouldn't mess around with buying a regular hose, the pump's life is on the line, my pump costs around $ 1200, I bit the bullet and bought one a couple of years ago, and yes it is to dampened the pulsation from the pump.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:47 pm

All that a pulse hose does is allow some expansion to prevent psi spikes.  I don't think it needs to be overly expensive to accommodate that.

Try Dultmeier Sales, the car wash industry uses a lot of water pumps.

https://www.dultmeier.com/prod-search.php

(If it didn't show, search pulse hose....like $12)
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:49 am

It does extend pump life and lets you get proper pressure gauge readings. I'm going with the pulse hose and found some at the local agri supply. I did some rigging and had to cut the plug off the vac motor as it wouldn't hold solder. I attached a plug straight to the motor winding. It works like new. Thanks for all the help. I finally have what I think will be dependable equipment that opens up more lines of services to offer. There are several cc businesses closing in my area, I have worked for one of them years ago. I believe all that is left is stanley steamer. Other than that there are some that advertise here that are 40 miles away. I live in a small town with a population of 15,000. With a population of 46000 in the county. I'm positioned in the center of my county with borders within 20 miles of each direction. I hope it takes off for me.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Sounds like a very fertile market to be located in! Just focus on providing what SS can't so that you become the only real option and you will be rocking.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbred123 Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:37 pm

I have a long list of equipment for vct ,carpet, t&g and upholstery . Should I take them all on or focus on carpet and t&g. Its gonna be mostly just myself with a helper as needed.

southernbred123

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:12 pm

southernbred123 wrote:I have a long list of equipment for vct ,carpet, t&g and upholstery . Should I take them all on or focus on carpet and t&g. Its gonna be mostly just myself with a helper as needed.

This is one of my favorite questions and a topic that I wrestle with all the time....is it better to specialize or offer a wide range of services? Obviously, the more services that you offer, the more work you will find, but also the more equipment / storage/ transportation/ maint. that goes along with it.

Look at the traditional "green cleaner" in this industry, he/she is designed to clean light to medium soiled homes for people that are concerned about smells and toxicity, yet they also carry a flame thrower prespray for jobs that are with heavy soil content. Why? Why doesn't the green cleaner pass on those kind of jobs instead of altering their brand?

It really comes down to your market. The green cleaner will not pass on the trashed cleanings because the green market wasn't large enough in their area of operation. In areas where that market is strong enough, there is no conflict and more specialization is going on.

In your case, I would offer everything at first and then after 6 months figure out what the market will support and drop off the stinkers so that you can get more lean and efficient with your costs. I have been guilty of having too many services for far too long and feel that streamlining is the smartest move for any company.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Can't be picky when you're starting up, I would provide as much specialty cleaning as possible, even a house cleaning service if at all possible, that way people don't need to call 2 separate companies and schedule 2 different times, you would have to set your price around the same price as SS, because if you set it too low, people are going to start wondering why is your service cheap ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:06 pm

The pricing point is a key for you if SS is the only real competition. That franchise is known to be cheap and is often the company of choice for trashed rentals and apartments.

If I were you, I would set my price at their mark or maybe even slightly above them and target the non-trashed jobs.

Funny thing about cleaning trashed carpets, it takes more effort and chemicals to achieve yet it pays the least. I would stay out of that market and get good at customer service....clean look, polite approach, friendly business practices.

I see it all the time, a polite friendly cleaner will have more loyal customers even if they are a worse cleaner skill-wise. I think I am living proof that a hack can get customers if polite. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Even in a small town pike that, with no comp close to you; SOmuch potential. Do a good job and you will own the market.
If you have the right tools; carpet/upholstery and T&G. A small add on service is window cleaning.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:24 pm

+1 for Rob's last advice, I wanted to say price it higher than SS too but I don't want that to backfire on his face, with some online reviews ( if online has some market in your area ) you shouldn't have issues price your service higher than SS, but if not, it can be tough to compete, unless you're a tough salesman like Robert Ellis Hippo
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Ah, shucks. Thanks for kind words....I will pay you later. Rolling Eyes

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:Even in a small town pike that, with no comp close to you; SOmuch potential. Do a good job and you will own the market.
If you have the right tools; carpet/upholstery and T&G. A small add on service is window cleaning.

My two cents, as a window cleaner, is that it isn't a small add on. At least not in my market.

I typically clean 2 story home on the waterfront. It typically takes 3-4 hours on each job. Just depends on how much glass there is. And if you have oxidation on the glass from frames/screens, you need a RO/DI water fed pole to tackle the job. A WFP set up can run you over 5 grand. Then there is the reoccurring expense of resin and RO filters.

Good glass can be cleaned with squeegees and mops, and is by far the cheapest route, but less time efficient.

I'm not trying to discourage others from cleaning glass, but I want to be upfront about it being an "add on".

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next