Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Parachute kids

4 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Parachute kids Empty Parachute kids

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:53 pm

This lady called and asked for an estimate, gave her an estimate over the phone and she said I think you better come and look at this carpets, it's very dirty, I'm not sure it can be cleaned or not, I reluctantly agree, went there a few days ago and sure enough, white carpets with heavy traffic areas and pet stains in a million dollar condo, measured at 772 sq ft plus 1 flight of stairs, access is not too bad ( that one way street I was talking about in the other thread ), decided to charge her 1.5 times my regular rate and when she balked a little, I gave her 10 % discount, she's the real estate agent that's trying to rent the place out for the owner, because it's a million dollar condo, she was willing to be a property manager for that unit, she said you're more expensive than Coit, I said "of course we are", lol, she said "let me talk to the owner", she called back and scheduled an appointment, I was shocked, did it today and after we're done, she looked at it and said well there are a few pet stains that didn't come out, I said well they sprayed some stuffs on them, see the white ring around the stains ? That's the proof that they used resolve or something, she asked me to measured the areas that needs to be replaced, I obliged, came out to be around $ 2000 to replace with same carpets @ around $ 6 / sq ft, she said well those kids need to pay for this, I said those kids ? She said yeah, those parachute kids, I was like what ?? She said, you don't know ? I said no I don't, she explained it to me, those are rich Asian kids that their parents dropped off here in the US with a boat load of cash to study here.

I said ohhhhh, I had those kinds all the time, one time they were mad at me because I can't get the pet stains out, I already told them they may not come out before I started working, I bet you they were in the same boat, she said yup, they weren't supposed to have pets.

I was like wow, I'm so blessed that I don't have rich parents that dropped me off here with a boat load of cash Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Parachute kids Empty Re: Parachute kids

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:05 pm

That is crazy....don't see that around here.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:36 am

So she was going to have the kids with boat loads of cash pay for carpet cleaning or replacement of a million dollar condo but she was balking at the price?? Can you say skim it of the top?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:06 pm

ran into 1 of those in Aug. they jew down the PM on the rent, then they party like it 1999. One guy would buy truck parts and ship them back home. Only he left an old ford PU in the drive way with parts in the truckbed. go figure.
oh, they had pets; hair all over the place. furniture was left, pee puddles on the Linolum.
charged like 2x reg, and it turned out real good. Oh, i did a can of fog deo after i was done. the PM asked me what the heck that good smelling stuff was...
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 pm

The things we put up with.....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Mo wrote:So she was going to have the kids with boat loads of cash pay for carpet cleaning or replacement of a million dollar condo but she was balking at the price?? Can you say skim it of the top?

She balked because she compared my price with COIT, but at the end of the day she knows what she's going to be getting from them and what is she getting from us.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down