Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Lots of Surprise Lessons

5 posters

Go down

Lots of Surprise Lessons  Empty Lots of Surprise Lessons

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:23 pm

This was one interesting night of cleaning, lots of new lessons discovered.

First, since I broke my inline filter the previous night, I had to pull the one off my box truck which was set up as a single 2.5 inch inlet.  My Butler had been set-up with dual 2" inlets, so I rumaged through the garage and found my old "Y" splitter from about 3 years ago and a reducer.

I also decided to bring along that Mytee Bentley wand as a back-up this time around in case my Mach 15 runs into trouble.  The Mytee is running an 8-flow with 90 degree street elbows so the spray is almost straight down to the carpet and striking about 3 inches behind the vacuum slot as you can see in this picture.

Lots of Surprise Lessons  Mytee10

When got to the job (commercial glue down) and saw that the carpet was once again buried under a lot of soil, I decided to give the Mytee a try.  One of the recurring issues with my Mach 15 with shear kit is that these floors are not all that level and it often caused the jets to drag at times and end up plugged up and streaking.  I figured that at least there was no chance of that happening with the Mytee.

You know what?  That Mytee kicked butt and delivered the best cleaning experience I've had in probably 5 years.  Those jets would flood a residential carpet and soak the pad, but on carpet that is just glued to the cement, that heavy impact was wonderful and the recovery was just as good as my Mach 15...and reached closer to the walls.  It cleaned those fouled carpets in a single pass every time and just blew me away.  That is exactly the kind of wand you want on heavy soiled commercial instead of the shear kit design which is ideal for residential.  They are different animals and I fully realized it tonight.

The second lesson learned is that the "Y" splitter is superior to using dual 2" inlets on the filter.  That's right, the old method provides a stronger vacuum.  When I was running the dual 2" inlet, there was always some water left in one of the hoses after shut-down.  I always suspected that the air was really biased to one hose and not really getting much advantage by the second hose.  With the "Y", both hoses were dry after shutdown and I had a noticeably stronger vacuum tonight.

So, old school is not outdated and might actually be superior.  I am ordering a new filter with the single inlet and will continue to use the "Y" from now on.  I am also telling you, that Mytee Bentley with 90 degree elbows IS the best commercial wand I have ever used on heavy soiled carpet.  I can't believe both of those items had been just sitting in storage all this time instead of making me smile.

One last lesson was also learned tonight, Giraffes like Frank Sinatra.  I was cleaning the building where the Giraffes live and normally they just ignore me.  I got all set up and they just kept eating as normal.  I was wearing headphones tonight and found myself singing along with Sinatra on the song "One for my Baby".  I don't have a bad singing voice, but I am no Sinatra, but when I looked up from the wand I saw that I had an audience. Razz

Lots of Surprise Lessons  Giraff10

Even better, one of them winked at me.  Not kidding, she winked.  I guess Sinatra works on all females. Peace
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Lots of Surprise Lessons  Empty Re: Lots of Surprise Lessons

Post by Freemind1 Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 am

All positive lessons, so it's all a good experience.
Wine Airborne

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:46 am

It was a good experience, but it is like finding out that you actually like vanilla over chocolate after spending most of life eating chocolate.

It just confirmed my objection to all the marketing sales in this industry. They don't seem to always be better, often worse. One clearly has to find out what really works for them and stick with it.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Good to know Bob next time on CGD I'll move my jets further back on the v12 don't think no can get them.three inches from the vac slots but hopefully it will give me better flushing action.

Next time take a little speaker with you and see what the giraffes do with the voice of the real Sinatra
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Looking back at it, it wasn't 3 inches back...more like 2.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 pm

I would Mo, but then I would forever lose my audience. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Vanilla over chocolate? Blasphemy.
On CGD, I've done the slower strokes and caused some 'flooding' of the fibers. What I noticed was better cleaning and drying.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Wow ! On the giraffe that wow is for, not the mytee bentley, lol, just kidding Razz
That was funny though, I'm curious as hell now what they will do if you put that song through a speaker, could you please try that if you clean that place again ? Animals are amazing !
Thanks for letting us know about the wand, I notice a difference when I clean with Mach 12 and Mach 15, Mach 12 flushes much more because it doesn't have the shear kit, and I feel that the vacuum is also not superior on the Mach 15 compare to Mach 12 which uses a 1.5" vacuum hose, now regarding the Y I never try that, I need to try that sometimes. Where can you get the Y from ? Does Home Depot have them ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 am

A lot of cleaners threw away those "Y" adapters so you can find them really cheap on ebay most days. It think Dultmeier might have them and I think Joe still has them as well.

Mine came from Joe with cool cuffs attached. Seriously though, the vacuum was a big difference.

I also know what you mean about the Mach 12 being as strong, I had a VT12 built by Joe with a 1.5 inch tube. He didn't understand why I wanted it that way, but I was shooting for higher velocity to see if it made a difference. I didn't notice a gain over a 2 inch, but didn't notice a loss either.

It just seems that the progress in equipment over the years may not really be progress...at least for the end user. I think we get excited by new things when they may not really make much of a difference except to the wallet.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:54 am

https://www.wandersproducts.com/shop/hose-parts/stainless-y/
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:17 am

Plus not to mention that the Mach 12 is soooo much easier on your back, especially on those stain master carpet.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down