Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Labor Pains again

4 posters

Go down

Labor Pains again Empty Labor Pains again

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:11 pm

No, not that kind of labor pains, but the kind where nobody can be relied upon to work.

My sub for the last 2 years covers one building for me and I have 2 cleanings coming up on it (1 per week), but he has dropped off the face of the Earth. It is like trying to find a ghost...might try a Ouija board.

I can't figure it out, I always texted him in the past (his choice), but my phone no longer shows any of those texts. I can pull up texts from 2 years ago, but nothing for him. I can't find his business listing online and although I was able to pull his address via the Secretary of State's website I have no phone number. It is like somebody just erased him. He has been around for several years yet there is nothing online.

My guess is that he has closed down and changed his phone service, but I don't know why my text history would lose that data. I would also expect that he would have notified me if he was making those changes.

So, now I have to scramble to cover this building twice in 2 weeks....this is why I don't like having to rely on other people, because they are just not reliable. I just will never understand people and the lack of responsibility that seems to exist in all of them. Hell, it decent money too....$600 for about 5 hours worth of work and only 10 minutes from his home. I would take that every time.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Labor Pains again Empty Re: Labor Pains again

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Well that is interesting.

I discovered that this is not an isolated thing as Verizon seems to send some data to the cloud on its own. Why this one and not the ones for years ago I don't know, but I was able to find it by searching the "cloud".

Now to see if he responds...
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Wow, that’s weird ! I never had that happened to me, did you just upgrade software on your phone ?
I just upgraded my iPad to the new ios ( iOS 10 I think ? ) and I hate it so far, I can’t load autotrader and the cleaners lounge, I had to put the dot forumotion on it.
Damn technology !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Hey, why are you paying him so much ? That’s a lot man ! Especially for someone that’s not reliable.
I never subcontract anything but I would say in my area $ 75 / hour is a decent rate, considering how hard it is to find new customers.
I “helped” a friend before with a really big job and I had a helper with me, we were on the job for 5 hours and he said he’s going to give me some $$, a week later he gave me $ 100, lol.
Yes he’s still a friend of mine but he never asked me to help him again, if he does, I would probably find an excuse not to do it Razz
Hope he doesn’t read this, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 pm

milspec6 wrote:Well that is interesting.

I discovered that this is not an isolated thing as Verizon seems to send some data to the cloud on its own.  Why this one and not the ones for years ago I don't know, but I was able to find it by searching the "cloud".

Now to see if he responds...

Speaking of our data and such on our devices;
I just got a new tablet. Transferred all apps and programs and such. Lo and behold, my email now has 4 years of deleted emails on it. Wait, so how do deleted email reapeear??? Deleted is NOT deleted?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:33 am

Matt, sounds like the "cloud" storage at fault. It is a similar problem that I had only going the other way. You need to go into your settings and turn off the auto store feature involving cloud backup or else it keeps re-populating every time you re-boot the device.

Dp, I ask myself that same thing every time he cleans, but it became a necessity. I have gone through 2 subs in just 3 years and nobody seems to want to work evenings around here. This is one of 2 buildings that I cannot accomplish alone and must rely on a sub to get it done. This one has not be a rock to lean on, but pickings are very slim around here.

He texted me back last night and said that he would call me today. I asked him to just answer the phone and he told me that he has a hard rule to never conduct business on a Sunday.....good grief.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 am

I don't do business on Sunday either, so it's not a strange thing to me.

I can't believe those other local guys that do it part time, aren't willing to make some money occasionally working a night or two.

I would! For 100+ an hour, why turn your nose to it?

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:48 pm

You would think that, but they will not....I have sure asked a lot of them. I've subbed for others for far less of a take than that, but I guess nobody around here is hungry.

Just consider this guy, he literally lives about 4 minutes from that contract and doesn't have to deal with the client, gets paid at conclusion of the job, and I supply the chemicals.....yet is still reluctant to work.

I would so love to train a tech at $20/hr to run the other truck and cut out all the subs completely. That was actually part of the motivation behind building that box truck, but it just didn't pan out. It would save me about $800 most months, but then I would have to find a reliable tech which is even harder to find.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Around here, firefighters in their off schedule time; are great employees. I've not used one, but have heard some good stories of other companies using them.
Good hard work ethics. No allergies- to hard work.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 am

Part of the hurdle for you Rob, is your commercial is at night, usually through the week. A part time guy is going to be difficult to find to fill a position like that.

If you were going to put someone on the payroll full time, I'd bet you could find someone much easier.

Any way you can break those big cleans into smaller bites? Say two nights instead of one?

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:39 am

I am with you Freemind on breaking up those cleanings into smaller bites.

When I first bid that place, it was with the intention of splitting those buildings up into 2 nights. That was the plan from the beginning and I would love to do it that way, but they host events all the time so finding 2 nights in the same week can be tough let along in a row.

It did happen twice and I really liked having full control of the cleaning product and the higher income. I just can't get it to work out when the facilities manager is so disorganized.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down