Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

+2
milspec6
ACE Services
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Empty If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Post by ACE Services Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Hey guys
Sorry I screwed up and deleted the whole thread.
As I said, my customer bought a Everest hp650 from Michigan. Soppose to be in good working order. Paid less than 9k for. Private owner seller. I have pictures. But I have problems posting pictures on the forum thus , I deleted the whole thread. I emailed the pictures to Rob, he said that he would try to post them for me.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Empty Re: If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:58 pm

And here they are....yikes!

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Heater10

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Heater11

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Heater12

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Heater13

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Heater14
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.  Empty Re: If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:19 pm

So we know that this guy was not into performing maintenance on his equipment and I really question if that hour meter was actually replaced. Rust like this is pretty common under vehicles in this part of the US after about 10 - 12 years, but not inside the TM. My guess is that it has frozen a few times and develeped several leaks both at the HX and the pump / fittings above the HX...then ran very hard by an idiot.

Still, at that price, if all he needs is to rebuild the heat exchangers, replace a pump, change out fittings, etc....he will still come out on a positive side. Do these machines have any build date stamps that could confim that hour meter? Seems like that machine has a lot of years on it to rust like that and with that low of hours, something does not compute.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 pm

I had to make the pans that hold the Hx's in place by hand. Just got the helicoil hx system bypassed today. Now I have to make a mount to put the fuel pump on. Then maybe I can get it started to see what else is going on.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:07 pm

This is why guys like you will always be in demand...there are a lot of cleaners out there destroying their machines.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Yikes is right
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Maybe "HOT" actually meant something else?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:30 pm

damn that sucks for $9k... dude could have gotten a brand new Relia- built
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

ACpower1 wrote:damn that sucks for $9k...     dude could have gotten a brand new Relia- built

True, but I think he will still win in the end. That is a true dual wand machine and once it is a reliable performer again, it will still be worth it. Worst case scenario, he ends up around $12,000 for an Everest 650...that wouldn't be a bad deal at all. Now if it had the hour meter replaced by the seller and it actually is a high hour machine, then maybe not. I guess he will find out once ACE brings it back from the grave.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 am

I think that the previous owner was to lazy and sorry to take care of the unit. So I doubt that he would take the time to replace the hour meter.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:06 pm

There is little doubt that the previous owner didn't care about his equipment (probably the same for his business), but replacing the hour meter to make it appear to be a low hour machine instead of a fossil is no different than the old days with odometer tampering by used car lots. I would be concerned about that myself.

I am looking forward to hear what else you discoer about this "good working" TM
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 pm

I've never seen, nor could I imagine that much metal degrading on any machine.
-flood victim???? Deteriated metal ALL over.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 am

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:I've never seen, nor could I imagine that much metal degrading on any machine.
-flood victim???? Deteriated metal ALL over.

Yeah that machine looks like itv was a victim of the floods we had this year in Houston and ???
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 am

But it came out of Michigan.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 am

I think that guy created his own flood. It would still take many years to turn metal like that into the hull of the Titanic. Must have been leaking for years and running a very caustic solution. It is hard to imagine that he didn't realize it and even harder to understand why he ignored it for so long on such an expensive machine.

Some people should deliver pizza instead.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Well tomorrow, I'll find out what else is going on. Got a little bit more to do wiring the fuel pump. New fuel line cost 80.00. I'll be ready to turn on the power and see if it lights up. Then start it to test the engine and blower. Then bleed the solution system, and build the pressure to check for leaks. If that goes good, then open the hx door to heat up the solution system.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 pm

I really hope it works out well for the guy, nothing worse than buyer's remorse unless he has very deep pockets. Most cleaners look for bargains because they are shopping outside of their price range to begin with so there is rarely a lot left laying around for repairs later.

My expectation is that it will build psi, but the filter screens and interior of the fittings will look a bit like that HX box. Replacing of all water lines and fittings will likely be next on the shopping list. The blower will be fine and probably the motor as well, so it should live again.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:35 pm

Well it started up. But won't run but about 15 seconds then cuts off. I think that it is in the fuel pump assy. Got to check the wiring harness for corrosion at the pins. Thats what prochem service said to check anyway. But at least I know the engine runs.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Wasn't this originally described as a "good running machine"?  This seller needs to be educated if not sued for fraud.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:45 pm

"Corrosion at the pins"?
I wouldn't dought it.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Running, yeah right. Oil filter is dated 2013. As for the fraud suit, its in the works already.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:32 pm

ACE Services wrote:Running, yeah right. Oil filter is dated 2013. As for the fraud suit, its in the works already.

Filter is dated 2013!!! That is not a good sign. Shocked
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm

IT'S ALIVE !!! Found the problem. Starving for fuel. Had to rework the fuel tap to use 5/16 lines not 3/16, like his boxxer 421 was running on. Test ran and cleared out the check engine codes. Next thing is the high pressure solution system. Then see how hot it will get.
I think that it will still get 220 deg on the Guage.
You guys tell me what you think it will do.
Remember the helical heat exchanger or the coolant heat exchanger has been removed and bypassed.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:01 pm

How did anything run using 3/16 fuel line...would be like sucking coffee through a stirring straw. I have never seen fuel lines that small on anything, so 5/16 makes so much more sense.

I think it will be the psi system where you will find a lot of problems due to freeze damage. All those brass fittings will likely have tiny cracks in them that might hold for now, but will leak in short time.

As for the heat? I would expect a straight heat exchanger system to get in the 205 - 210 degree realm depending on flow rates. Butler units operate at that temperature off the engine cooling system and another 20 - 25 degrees if recovering the blower heat. Despite what whe industry likes to claim, 205 - 210 atm is more than enough to clean carpet. I have never struggled to clean anything with the Butler except in near 0 temps where the wand temp can dip to as low as 140 degrees. Even then, it will clean fine with a pre-scrub and did it that way for years behind a Steamin Demon which only pushed about 130 degrees at its hottest.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 pm

215°
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next