Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

LIES-DECEPTION Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods"

+9
Joe Bristor
OneBlueSummer
Ryan S
ACE Services
Pro Touch
ACpower1
Larry Henson
milspec6
Davey Cracker
13 posters

Go down

LIES-DECEPTION  Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods" Empty LIES-DECEPTION Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods"

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:48 pm

This takes the cake!!

"Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods"  AHHHH WAT!?!

Do you think this guy really believes he's doing something different than "Steam Cleaning" aka HWE while he stands there on video bad mouthing "Steam Cleaning", or is he just so oblivious/uninformed he's really thinks it's different?........or maybe he's just had so much smoke blown up his a$$ by the C-D Corp. he believes what he's saying? laughing 

All marking Deception so the consumer believes that Chem-Dry is unique and better/safer I think.

I mean $hit, I have an RX20 and I can clean carpets at 100psi (If I wanted jobs to take 4 times as long, not clean as well, and have carpets dry quicker), so I guess that makes me 'Chem-Dry' but without the cost of the overpriced equipment they make you buy and the franchise fees!....sure my RX isn't the special Battleship Gray color C-D model with the sticker on it, but common, I don't really need that do I?!
I'll run a Diet 7-up rinse to get the "carbonation", Diet because it doesn't leave a sticky residue, and 7-up because it's clear and carbonated. clown 

What do you guys think about this video?

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

LIES-DECEPTION  Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods" Empty Re: LIES-DECEPTION Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods"

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm

That is laughable! An Rx-20 using a carbonated extraction agent like soap free makes you a Chem-dry hero?

I wonder how many of those guys secretly crank up the psi and add their own special agents? I would guess nearly 100%.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

LIES-DECEPTION  Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods" Empty Re: LIES-DECEPTION Chem-Dry Cleaner Video "Chem-Dry vs Steam Cleaning methods"

Post by Larry Henson Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Wonder why they got away from their original method? Because it sucks!!!
Isn't this fraud, condemning HWE but using it.
Have to confess I didn't watch the whole video but have seen their advertisements.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:00 pm

I remember learning in the iicrc classes that chem dry cleaning will void your carpet warranty
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:15 pm

ACpower1 wrote:I remember learning in the iicrc classes that chem dry cleaning will void your carpet warranty
Spose that *may* have been true at one time, but can't see how anymore since the manufactures recommend HWE and that's what C-D now does, since being bought out by Home Depot Corp.

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:21 pm

milspec6 wrote:That is laughable!  An Rx-20 using a carbonated extraction agent like soap free makes you a Chem-dry hero?

I wonder how many of those guys secretly crank up the psi and add their own special agents?  I would guess nearly 100%.
I was told the TM units C-D makes their franchisees buy/use have a regulated/limited pressure of 100psi..........I can't verify if that's fact, so I'm not positive it is totally true. Question 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Very, very laughable! We're not using HWE or steam as they describe it, we're just applying 200 deg water with our special cleaning agent in it to your carpet and extracting it. I guess there's no prespray or agitation involved.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:43 pm

C D unit are regulated to 125 psi anymore and the pressure relief opens on their chem. tanks.
As for the video what I seen was a man who believes in his equip. Whether is way is better or not doesn't matter. I have my opinion about the CD units but I work on them and if they didn't work then they wouldn't be in business. I don't knock a man for trying to make a honest living key being honest and working hard.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Smoke and mirrors. We all work off of it at times. So more than others.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:56 pm

ACE Services wrote:C D unit are regulated to 125 psi anymore and the pressure relief opens on their chem. tanks.
As for the video what I seen was a man who believes in his equip. Whether is way is better or not doesn't matter. I have my opinion about the CD units but I work on them and if they didn't work then they wouldn't be in business. I don't knock a man for trying to make a honest living key being honest and working hard.
Well stated there Ace. I don't think any of us are knocking the guy as much as the process / equipment. One could clean carpet with a brush and a bucket if they had too, but the limits would be obvious. I think most of those franchises work because of advertising strength and not by nature of the process or equipment. Just like McDonalds is the number one burger franchise in the US, but is also rated near last in quality by consumers. CD works because of the name and marketing saavy, but the quality of the burger is still poor.

Take that guy and provide him with less restrictive tools, and he will be a success on his own...without paying franchise fees.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:....or maybe he's just had so much smoke blown up his a$$ by the C-D Corp. he believes what he's saying? laughing 

This is it, just like those who believe everything the iicrc ever told them.

by ACE Services on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:43 pm

C D unit are regulated to 125 psi anymore and the pressure relief opens on their chem. tanks.

Well put ... Im with ya!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:11 am

Joe Bristor wrote:Well said ACE.

It IS frustrating when you see their marketing.  No need for it imo.  Whatever.

I've met a few CD guys and they're just like other cleaners; mostly just trying to make a living.
One thing they got on you 'steamers' they got damn good with the pad method (pad+carbonated encap).
They don't need padwork much with their hwe, but it's another tool they do have. DO YOU?  
Yes, I do have that tool, and then some that C-D doesn't have! dancing 

I'm not starting this thread to knock the guy down really, more really to call BS on what C-D claims their unique process is. Which now is nothing more than low psi HWE. It's just funny they make it sound so different.....I guess that's an advantage of marketing power/dollars. scratch 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:09 am

Carpet cleaners are an interesting bunch. Several ways to skin a cat, but carpet guys will swear that they're the only ones that know how to do it and are the absolute best.

Seems to be a lot of attacking in this industry. I find it refreshing to find a group of guys willing to be civil.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:10 pm

I find the cleaners who are rude and knock other peoples methods, knock portable guys etc are actually the ones hurting for business

im booked for the rest of 2013, why do i care what CD does my customers arent calling them

I dont care if you clean with a portable, a rug doctor, a bissell if your out working hard and trying hard then good for you.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:21 pm

I am very aware of the C-D equipment, methods, and training (I legally can't say how because I'm not interested in being hassled again in this lifetime...). It is a good process and they do a great job of making the franchisees drink the "Cool Aide". However I do feel very sad for the guy in the video for two reasons. First, as much as the guy in the video believes in the system and equipment - he could purchase similar but better equipment and similar but better supplies at a lower cost, and not have the added overhead of the franchise fees and franchise regulations. Second, I am sure it sucks for him having to compete against other c-d franchisees in the same franchise area (if not yet he can be assured that they will assign additional franchises in his area). reading
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Good stuff, Joe!

Good for us, bad for them I guess! laughing 

That would really suck to buy a franchise, that included a exclusive territory, only to then have them change the rules down the road and sell more franchises in your territory.

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:54 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:I am very aware of the C-D equipment, methods, and training (I legally can't say how because I'm not interested in being hassled again in this lifetime...). It is a good process and they do a great job of making the franchisees drink the "Cool Aide". However I do feel very sad for the guy in the video for two reasons. First, as much as the guy in the video believes in the system and equipment - he could purchase similar but better equipment and similar but better supplies at a lower cost, and not have the added overhead of the franchise fees and franchise regulations. Second, I am sure it sucks for him having to compete against other c-d franchisees in the same franchise area (if not yet he can be assured that they will assign additional franchises in his area). reading

I checked my area and found 10 C-D franchises within about a 15 mile radius with two of them only 1.3 miles apart! That can't be beneficial for any franchise owner.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:05 pm

ODIN wrote:
Boy that Kirby is going to need a lot of polishing after that one:bounce: 

As was said, there are many ways to skin the cat and I don't care what weapon you choose to bring to the fight. I just want to see an honest, hard-working person wielding it. As long as what you say is honest, based upon your geniune beliefs, then you stand tall in my book. The rest of them snake oil sellers deserve to be out of business...if only the customers were more educated.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Did you know you can paint your house with a Kirby:D
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:06 am

Milspec, you have no idea. It seems like the C-D goal is to sell as many franchises as possible without regard to the high potential failure rate of franchisees. For those who fail usually because there are so many franchises in a given territory, they are pretty screwed for a good three years due to a very restrictive non-compete agreement. C-D is very happy to bring suit during the non-compete period, and harass after the non-compete period.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:53 pm

carpetdaddy wrote:Milspec, you have no idea. It seems like the C-D goal is to sell as many franchises as possible without regard to the high potential failure rate of franchisees. For those who fail usually because there are so many franchises in a given territory, they are pretty screwed for a good three years due to a very restrictive non-compete agreement. C-D is very happy to bring suit during the non-compete period, and harass after the non-compete period.
And my parents told me that vampires weren't real...they were wrong. C-D guys really do have to work extra hard to make it then, hang tough guys and see you on the board when your 3 year sentence is up.Very Happy 

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:01 pm

I've heard that the older franchises have been allowed to continue low moisture cleaning.

I personally could never flourish in a system were everything is dictated to you. But there is a CD in town that has been around for a very long time two generations in fact.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down