Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Career Evaluation

+6
Mark Saiger
Matt; My carpet cleaner
TimM
carpetdaddy
Joe Bristor
milspec6
10 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Career Evaluation Empty Career Evaluation

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:36 am

This isn't going to be a "deep" topic, but I am curious. After seeing what some of you did prior to becoming a cleaner, I had to wonder the following: Did you have to take the "Career Apptitude Test" in high-school and what did it tell you?

Most schools in this area have their students (often in 7 or 8th grades) take an exam that was supposed to tell you what profession you were a good match for once out of school. You were to select what your desired profession was and the exam would evaluate if you were a good match for it as well as make suggestions if it didn't fit.

In my case, I wanted to go into law enforcement (too many cop shows on tv when I was growing up), but the exam said that it was a bad choice for me as it would not be challenging enough. Funny thing is, I did go into law enforcement for awhile and they ended up being correct on that one.

What did the exam indicate that my career path should be? Imagine being in the 7th grade and seeing all your friends being told that they should be doctors, lawyers, and scientists while my results indicated that my career should be......Talk Show Host! What the heck do you do with that information??

Cursed from the start I guess :geek: 

So, for those that took the exam, what did it tell you?

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Career Evaluation Empty Re: Career Evaluation

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:56 am

Joe Bristor wrote:Hey, this is your talk show! and your pretty good at it.

mine said to be a teacher.

Looks like you ended up there after-all then...maybe those tests were better than we thought? wink 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:11 am

I never took that test, but I do remember sitting down with the guidance councler in 7th grade and expressing that my goal was to own a business. I had absolutely no idea what type of business. Then in high school I held several offices including Treasurer, VP, and President.  Idea 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TimM Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:40 am

We never had that test when I was in school, but we did meet with the counselors and they kind of steered you in the direction you wanted. For me I was going to be a Music Teacher. Graduated from High School, joined the Navy and became a heavy construction Mechanic. Then went on to delivering cardboard boxes to sucking up dirt. So I would say I am almost there.
TimM
TimM
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://magaw.org/PriceIsRightCarpetCleaning/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:32 pm

TimM wrote:We never had that test when I was in school, but we did meet with the counselors and they kind of steered you in the direction you wanted. For me I was going to be a Music Teacher. Graduated from High School, joined the Navy and became a heavy construction Mechanic. Then went on to delivering cardboard boxes to sucking up dirt. So I would say I am almost there.

Let me get this straight. You had a talent for music, so the Navy naturally sees the perfect heavy construction mechanic....yup, sure sounds like the military.

Scary part is that there is probably a gear head out there that was forced to play the tuba for 4 years. lol! 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Don't remember the test, but a teacher said I'd be good for the french foreign legion.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:51 pm

I was a music teacher, and carpet cleaner, and mechanic, and racer, and family farming, and....

Here is a link to one of my original marching band shows that took 7th place at BOA in 1999 out of around 60 plus bands....there are others out there too. Was very successful at it but got very tired of all the free work I did.  Still wouldn't have done it differently though!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Forgot to mention a Minnesota Band , Rosemount HS will be in the Tournament of Roses Parade New Years day. One of the band directors was on my staff and our color guard instructor in his younger days and also helped during thi 1999 show. So if you see them, cheer them on with me.  Good folks and great kids ( as with the many others in the parade too!)

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 pm

That's cool Mark. My daughter plays the French horn along with other instruments. She just made first chair All County out of 35 students. She is in 8th grade, it was her first time trying out.

There are a lot of rewards as a music director that don't pay put in cash. So many kids are grateful for the work you invested in them. I know my daughter feels that way about her directors.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:57 am

My middle step daughter who was one of my lead techs played French Horn. Not an easy instrument to play, but one of my favorites! Good for her and I hope she is able to really enjoy music and being with others in the music groups. Life long worthwhile experiences!

Mark Saiger
www.saigeris.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:20 am

I remember the test, but not the results. I just didn't value hardly anyone's opinion enough to let it influence my life. Maybe 2 or 3 teachers for my entire educational process were good enough to merit a consideration.

Most of my friends and family say I should've been a trial lawyer.

I would go back and focus on chemistry if I had a do over.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Mark Saiger wrote:I was a music teacher, and carpet cleaner, and mechanic, and racer, and family farming, and....

Here is a link to one of my original marching band shows that took 7th place at BOA in 1999 out of around 60 plus bands....there are others out there too. Was very successful at it but got very tired of all the free work I did.  Still wouldn't have done it differently though!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

What type of racing did you do, Mark?

This is what I did...........

Career Evaluation Rump10
Raced motorcycles basically all my life , started at 6 yrs old.......actually made a lil money racing at one time.  Smile 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Stock cars, some motorcycle) motocross, jet skis, snowmobiles( cross country, ice lemans and snocross) was fun while it lasted. Retired from all racing at age 46... Well kind of... Always the need for speed!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:51 pm

In my country, they didn't specifically tell you what you're going to be most succesful at, they divided the categories into 3, first category is physics, for those who want to be engineers, scientists, etc, second category is biology, for those who want to be doctors, lab workers, etc, third category is social, for those who want to be accounting, management, social study related work.
My best score is for the second category, but I chose the 3rd one and I became an accountant but I'm not practicing it now, I think if I have enough time and $$, I'd like to go back to college and take psychology and I think I'd be pretty good at it, so yes I think those tests is right around where you're supposed to be, too bad I was young and I just wanted the easiest category so I have more time partying instead of studying, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down