Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos)

+2
Ryan S
Mark Saiger
6 posters

Go down

Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos) Empty Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos)

Post by Mark Saiger Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Still -25 below zero weather...mmm....mmm....mmm....

Just can't get enough.

Anyway, had a few calls as to how we manage hoses during running 2 vans, and cleaning in the cold, and what it is like wrapping hoses up in the cold....and going through snow banks....and.....

We'll here is just a bit of today's adventures and it was cold!

Cold barely feel my fingers after shooting these videos and my ears.....OUCH! They were burning from frostbite coming off the lake!

Enjoy!  (I hope)

Mark Saiger
www.saiger.com

Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos) Empty Re: Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos)

Post by Ryan S Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Thanks Mark. Cool stuff.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos) Empty Re: Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos)

Post by milspec6 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't like to work unless the temp is above 20 degrees, but then I am cleaning solo and it takes longer to pack up.

Still. that is some crazy cleaning there Mark, ever have trouble keeping things inside from freezing while packing up?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Yes I'm eager to know the answer to Rob's question, heck how do you keep the solution line from freezing when you're setting up ? At minus 25, I imagine it doesn't take long at all, right ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm

milspec6 wrote:I don't like to work unless the temp is above 20 degrees, but then I am cleaning solo and it takes longer to pack up.  

Still. that is some crazy cleaning there Mark, ever have trouble keeping things inside from freezing while packing up?

No problems with freezing while packing up inside. We just keep moving pretty quick. Not even any problems with the stair tool which is close to the sliding door.

I even clean solo in this kind of weather (when I have to....LOL) and still no problems.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 pm

dp1 wrote:Yes I'm eager to know the answer to Rob's question, heck how do you keep the solution line from freezing when you're setting up ? At minus 25, I imagine it doesn't take long at all, right ?

I have a complete series of videos on my YouTube addressing how to set up, keep things going and keep cleaning in this weather.

The solution line is the last thing to come in and what we do is put a connector similar to Joe's wash downer on the end of the  hose, and then heat the hose up before bringing into the house.  You can also keep a connector (or wash downer) that you can put into your vac hose and keep water flowing while you stop cleaning to address something else.

I even show on the videos how to use a rope to quickly pull from the inside of the van to the inside of the home say on a 2nd or 3rd floor to prevent freeze up.

Here is my Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

Just let me know if you have any questions.  I had someone have questions on something the other day, so I did these videos on this post to help address their questions.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm

We were cleaning in -35 degree before windchill just a couple weeks ago. That was a bit crazy  Laughing , but still all the same procedures and just keep moving.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:47 pm

Wow, interesting, very smart idea using wash downer and keep the water flowing, I actually am not planning to move out of california in the near future, so I don't think I'd have any more questions, lol, I've lived in Oregon for a few months and ran back to california due to my unwillingness to drive on solid ice, lol.
Regardless, one plus point for you sir :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 pm

I padcapped 2 rental properties today. Both were nasty, came out beautiful, and I was only cold while I was bring equipment in and taking it back out.

Seems like VLM cleaning could do well up north. Lots of benefits for everyone. Especially with no doors propped open.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Hey it's still cold outside and other managing hoses in the -25 below zero cold! (videos) Image_zps74a9c8fb
Hey look we cleaned in the snow today!
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:15 pm

You guys are great at taking photos! I'm terrible at it. I really need to get better at it.
You guys just use your phones or do you carry a camera around?
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:18 pm

iPhone with my photobucket account app. Then pick and post. Yeah I would have loved to see that LM job you did today.  smash pc 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Just using my Samsung GALAXY S4...works great!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:34 am

Cool 
Pat
Pat

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:52 am

I've gotta upgrade. I'm still carrying around an HTC with first gen Droid. It takes terrible pics.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down