Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

incoming call script- word for word

+6
REALCLEAN
carpetdaddy
Mo
ODIN
Ryan S
ACpower1
10 posters

Go down

incoming call script-  word for word Empty incoming call script- word for word

Post by ACpower1 Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm

I just free ball it, it works but would be really helpful if anyone has a good call script

if its not too much trouble, can we see some word for word

what do you say exactly when they call?

some examples of what it should cover would be, this is in no order really

-do you need furniture moved?

-is there pets/ pet stains?

-how many rooms cleaned?

-stairs?

-particular stains we should be ready for?

-last time it was cleaned?

- etc etc theres a lot more of course

just think this could be a thread that may really help all of us on the forum or give us something new to try out.

having a script seems kinda corporate lol, but it makes sure you cover all your ground, every time.... and if they wake you up at 6am when your sleeping you wont have to try and think too much.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

incoming call script-  word for word Empty Re: incoming call script- word for word

Post by Ryan S Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Your are right on track. Your talking about developing a System. In this case a system for incoming calls. You want it to be the same every time. You will find over the development period you will add and subtract till you find the perfect script system in place.

The first should be the greeting. Which should be cheerful and include the company name, your name, and a request for assistance.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

incoming call script-  word for word Empty Re: incoming call script- word for word

Post by ACpower1 Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:58 pm

anyone got a narrowed down script they use every time? care to share?

I say pretty much the same thing each time but still find there is gaps that I could improve on...

this first impression incoming call thing is big, you can increase $ amount pretty easily without any pressure

also there is things that need to be known before you head out to their house, we pretty much have everything on the van at all times, but this way they know way a head of time that urine costs more, protector is a worth the money etc
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't really have a script besides the greeting for qualifying the prospect. I think what is also important is how you would respond to the questions or concerns the caller may have.

The last guy soaked my carpet are you going to do that.

How much do you charge? Why are you more expensive then the last guy I called?

I have these spots are you going to be able to get them out?

What process do you use?

How is AC Power going to build trust with this prospect?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 pm

lol thats why most of our business comes from angies list, never met the person before and they leave you alone in their house to do the job

they see on their account that 100 people have been happy enough to post a review, so they dont question too much
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Yup I love my angies list callers price is not a factor. I have the most reviews in my town and multiple super service awards
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:18 am

Here is mine. This is how I have answered the phones for years. When I hired my first receptionist several years ago, I put it in writing to help train her. Did the same for my current receptionist. It is not all encompassing - just our most common questions. After you master handling the common questions, handling new questions becomes easier. Hope this helps:  Idea 

Greeting:

Thank you for calling Carpet Daddy’s, this is __________, how may I help you?

Common Questions:

• Q. How are you different from Stanley Steamer (xyz cleaner)?
• Q. Do you use the chemical cleaning process?
• Q. How long does it take carpets to dry?
• Q. Do you use (hot) water?

Answer:

We use a carbonated water cleaning process with a rotary extractor. We use about ten percent of the water that most cleaners use, and a lot less pressure. This way we don’t soak thru the back of your carpet in to your padding. In this way most of our carpets dry in about two hours.

• Q. Do carpets really dry in two hours?

Answer:

Yes, most of our carpets dry in about an hour and a half to two hours especially if you have a ceiling fan in the room. There are a couple of factors that can make the carpets take a little longer to dry, but since we only use a fraction of the water that most companies use so they won’t be soaked. Heavily worn, extremely dirty, older carpets, carpets that lack protectant, and some berbers which are more absorbent may take a little longer to dry. If it is raining and/or your home has high humidity we recommend turning on the air conditioning system or your carpets will take longer to dry.

• Q. Where are you located?

Answer:

We are located in Rehoboth Beach. Where are you located?.......... We serve your area every day.

• Q. How long does it take upholstery to dry?

Answer:

Upholstery can take anywhere from an hour to a day to dry depending on the fabric. Most upholstery will dry in about 6-8 hours. Upholstery will dry a lot quicker if there is a ceiling fan blowing down in the room.
• Q. Since you use less water does your system clean as good as others?

Answer:

Yes. We use what’s called a rotary extractor power wand – the machine you see on our ad. This machine cleans at a rate of 650 cleaning passes per minute regardless of how tired the technician gets. Most systems use the old fashioned cleaning wands that the technician pushes back and forth – at about a rate of 60 passes per minute down to about 30 passes as the technician gets tired. The power wand that we use on every job was designed to bring the worst carpet back to life.

• Q. How do you compare to Chem-Dry?/ Do you use the Chem Dry Process?

Answer:

We use the “Carpet Daddy Cleaning” process. We believe that we have the best carpet cleaning system on the market. We use a carbonated water cleaning process with a rotary extractor. We use about ten percent of the water that most steam cleaners use, and a lot less pressure. This way we don’t soak thru the back of your carpet in to your padding. In this way most of our carpets dry in about two hours. With most other carpet cleaning processes it usually takes a day or two for the carpet to dry, and the better part of a week for the padding to dry.

• Q. Do you pre-treat spots/stains?

Answer:

Yes. Depending on what it is we will either pre-treat it before we clean, or clean it first then if it doesn’t come out we will do a post spot treatment.

• Q. How much will it cost….?

Answer:

(see the price list). Hall ways are free, stairs count as a room. Seniors and/or military (active or not) get 10% off. We offer an additional 10% off if the job is over $200. The deodorizer is an additive to the cleaning solution and is provided at no charge.

• Give pricing as follows: The price to clean everything is $____, that includes the free hall and ___% discount (if applicable). If you would like everything cleaned and protected the price is $_____ that includes the ____% discount.
• Q. Does your system remove pet stains?

Answer:

With pet stains you have a 50/50 chance of the stain coming out with regular cleaning. It depends on the acid level of the animal at the time it went. Technically you could have two stains side by side made by the same pet at different times. One stain may come out and one may not. If the stain does not come out with normal cleaning we do have a “last resort” spray that we can use. It usually works great but you have to make sure that you and your pets stay off the area for about 8 hours while it dries.

If a pet stain has been gotten in to the padding it is possible that the stain will disappear with the cleaning, but eventually wick back up to the surface. If this happens we can come back and apply the stain treatment later. We only charge a minimal fee to apply the treatment.

• Q. Do you have anything to remove pet odors?

Answer:

Yes. If you have a severe odor that will not come out with regular cleaning, we can treat the specific areas that are affected. The treatment works best on smaller areas – less than 2 feet x 2 feet. We charge $3 per square foot to treat the specific areas. We have to saturate the area with the urine treatment. The treated areas could take up to three days to dry. If the first treatment does not work, we will re-apply it a second time at no charge. If that does not work it generally means that the urine is too deep into the subfloor. In that case the carpet needs to be pulled back, the subfloor sealed, the padding replaced, and the carpet recleaned.

• Q. Why should I use your company instead of Stanley Steamer (xyz cleaner)?

Answer:

We are a family owned business and we stand behind all of our work. If we can’t make you happy – we won’t take your money. We use the best system, have the best technicians – not salesmen, and our carpets dry quickly. We keep our overhead low so we can provide the best service at the best price. Our goal is to have you as a long term customer.

• Q. Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?

Answer:

Yes.

• Q. How late do you schedule your last appointment of the day?

Answer:

Our last appointment is usually scheduled for an arrival of sometime between 3-5, however we can be flexible. What time can you be home? We can also come earlier if you can leave a key for us, or leave the door open.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:35 am

Carpet Daddy is writing a book up on here. Lol! Nice post.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:47 am

Just copy and pasted  Laughing 
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:36 am

You deserve one reputation point for that detailed copy and paste Joe  cheers 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Depends on what they ask,   if they ask what method I use  ,  I tell them.

Modifed hillbilly TM , propane fired heat,  with 2.5 inch hose run through a silver bullet filter,  2 inch hose out to a   quad jet   hibred glide wand,  OR  a rotary jet steam extraction power wand extracter,    I pre treat with hydro force inli....   By that time they normaly stop me and say    ,  OH

If they ask me what vacuume I use to pre vac with ,  I tell them a dual motor   triple filtered commercial vac, with compass in the stock.... modified brush roll......  by that time they stop me and say   OH

If they ask what chems I used I start listing the whole inventory,  after about 5 products   they stop me   and  say .....    OH

Point is the consumer doesn't  know what the heck we are talking about,  or what they are talking about.

best to just be nice , polite,  and tell them your price, and be done with it.    

Any thing more then that,,   is only offered if they ask,    then tell them what they don't know until   they realized they don't know what your talking about and stop you.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Andy Mc wrote:

..............Point is the consumer doesn't  know what the heck we are talking about,  or what they are talking about..............

Man, if that ain't the Truth!  dancing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Mo wrote:Yup I love my angies list callers price is not a factor. I have the most reviews in my town and multiple super service awards

What does AList cost you to be on there??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Always have a cheerful expression on your face when you answer. Try it, it works. It brings a genuine sound to your voice and customers dig it. Friendly person on the other end goes a long way.

P.S. I despise Angie's List. They run a lying marketing scheme just as bad as Steamer does.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 pm

I don't pay to be on Angies list Davey.

Don't know if you want to have most of your biz coming from one place AC.  You really should diversify your referral sources.

I gave Joe a reputation point for that response too but. For a guy that has 100 plus posts you sure have a lot of reputation points. Post more would ya.

I just got an idea for a contest, too bad I cant track monthly reputation points received
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Andy Mc wrote:Depends on what they ask,   if they ask what method I use  ,  I tell them.

Modifed hillbilly TM , propane fired heat,  with 2.5 inch hose run through a silver bullet filter,  2 inch hose out to a   quad jet   hibred glide wand,  OR  a rotary jet steam extraction power wand extracter,    I pre treat with hydro force inli....   By that time they normaly stop me and say    ,  OH

If they ask me what vacuume I use to pre vac with ,  I tell them a dual motor   triple filtered commercial vac, with compass in the stock.... modified brush roll......  by that time they stop me and say   OH

If they ask what chems I used I start listing the whole inventory,  after about 5 products   they stop me   and  say .....    OH

Point is the consumer doesn't  know what the heck we are talking about,  or what they are talking about.

best to just be nice , polite,  and tell them your price, and be done with it.    

Any thing more then that,,   is only offered if they ask,    then tell them what they don't know until   they realized they don't know what your talking about  and stop you.

They ask those things, because they don't know WHAT, exactly, to ask.

It's a customers way to get assurance you know what you are doing and how you will treat them, since they don't know you.

A lot of people ask "how much will it cost" right off the bat. Most of the time it isn't so much about price (as in price shopper), it's because they don't know what to ask. This is OUR opportunity to build our value right out of the gate.

Every question they ask, is our opportunity to sell and build our value. Part of that key is answering in a way they can understand without conveying it like they are stupid.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks Carpet Daddy for the response,  that was what I was looking for.

mentioning the carbonated water and rotary is a good idea.

I dont think you need to tell them about glides, ti wands, etc Andy

A lot of customers ask if its TM or portable,   if you dont say TM they will never call again.    

We dont get ALL our business from AL Mo,    but a good 90%   and im pretty happy with it.     They are high paying customers that dont care about coupons,   they many times tip another 40+ dollars

these customers will pay 300-400 for a good job done,   they tend to call back even without a service monster system reminder.

plus you dont have to "prove" yourself each and every job,     meaning  you always have to do the best      

but you dont have to go through all the questions of the picky'er customers and convince them that this is a great job,    they already know!    

you would be surprised how many of these people will schedule a job without ever asking what the price is

so far its the best advertising ive found to get you in the 1 mil+ homes,   or the upper end   600k plus
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:30 am

Wasn't being totally serious, just offering a grain of truth along with a little exaggerating for entertainment value.

but thank you for educating me none the less.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down