Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself

+5
ODIN
milspec6
Pro Touch
Davey Cracker
Matt; My carpet cleaner
9 posters

Go down

Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself Empty Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Good friend was doing dinner for the kids and one kid hurled his pizza and red pop UP. So he calls his friend(my friend and a customer of mine) and the two proceed to use 3 or 4 different spotters and a rug doctor to clean it up. Did I mention his wife was out with friends, oh boy; he's going to get in deep. So I hear him replay the story and I hear something about, "it looks like Moses offered a sacrifice in the middle of the family room".
  So I go over there with 30vol peroxide and do a heat transfer. 85% better in my opinion. Her's----1000% better.

2nd job - move out, white carpet(might of been lite grey, eyes are going south), been cleaned with a rug doctor. Brown, long streaks everywhere. NO problem on this one, AR'd it...wham bam.

Matt
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself Empty Re: Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Nice job,
Man!

It's nice to have those days where you get that huge improvement by cleaning a bad one, or you shock yourself, like you did today by doing something you didn't expect. cheers  It's what makes me continue enjoying to clean!  wink 

I actually had one of those days myself today!.......matter of fact, I need to go post the pics from it now in the "The Best of Trashed Carpet" thread. wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself Empty Re: Sooooooo.......I even suprised myself

Post by Pro Touch Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:07 pm

It's a beautiful day when you are the hero. When you get results that even impress yourself, all the better. Good job sir.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Just stay cool and don't look shocked in front of the customer. tongue 

Those are the reasons that I enjoy this business, real morale boosters.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 pm

I know the guy who invented the Rug Dr. He's loaded. He laughs pretty hard at how ineffective it is. It's by design. He told me, "Why make a product that cleans carpet? Make one that just gets it 'cleaner' so they keep coming back."

He's rich. I'm not. Hmmm.......
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:54 pm

REALCLEAN wrote:I know the guy who invented the Rug Dr................."Why make a product that cleans carpet?.................."

One good reason I can think of.............It would be a real BIEaTCH getting a 1000 lbs TM loaded in the back of your Honda Civic, Especially if you're a 90 lbs female!!  coctail laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Great post Joe! I've read countless books on success, business, happiness, etc., and the one thing that they all have in common......

Success does not create happiness, happiness creates success.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Fwiw, The Rug Doctor is CRI Gold certified. Lol! Don't get me started on the lunacy that is CRI and IIRC!
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Can't agree more Joe, "money follows happy", happy people will always be happy, money or no money, but unhappy people will never be happy, money or no money.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Joe, no truer words have ever been spoken about business.

I watch my rich brother and how he operates, it is all about the dollar. He has about every toy a person could ever want...million dollar beach house, boats, cars, exotic collectibles, spends his winters in Hawaii, and yet his is often miserable.

If all you value is money, you can never win. If all you want is the dollar, you always just want more...it never ends. His hair is falling out, his health is declining rapidly, and he takes medications for stress and anxiety. Money has not made him happy.

The happiest I can ever remember him is when he was working as a carpenter. He was actually a very good craftsman and really seemd to enjoy building decks, home additions, garages, and gun cabinets. Then he got married to the daughter of a wealthy businees owner....everything changed.

Being healthy and happy beats money every time!
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:59 am

Wow, reading that Joe is like sitting on the porch swing on an early summer day with my Great Grandpa, telling me about the trueness of life, and how to live it to the fullest, and how by living it to the fullest, life gives back. Really, I can see the old white house Great Grandpa built. It was white, with green shingles, and the porch wrapped around half the house. The swing, it was hung at the corner turn, facing the road. The wood on the porch was old, it had turned dark gray, it was the kind that had aged enough that when you walked on it bare foot you had to be careful not to get a splinter. The paint on the house was old too, white, cracked, and pealing off. Man, that's life to the fullest, sure wish people could know that today. Aren't many left to tell those stories.

I never get enough of that passion you got Grandpa Joe. Thanks, that was really cool.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down