Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most Empty A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most

Post by procarpet Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Getting the van set up this morning and thought I'd bring my helper a bottle of water since it's only 1,000,000,000% humidity and 150*. I was promptly rewarded with a rolled ankle. Stepped off the deck and my ankle rolled, touched my foot to my leg and heard a loud pop. Didn't fall to my knees, fell sideways and thought "Well, there goes my week or even month". I thought I broke it, but just to be sure I tried to rotate my ankle and thank goodness I moved it just fine. After yelling across the lot at my employee I got some help up the stairs and wrapped it. Seriously F mondays. That is all
procarpet
procarpet

http://professionalcarpetsystemsflorida.com

Back to top Go down

A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most Empty Re: A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most

Post by milspec6 Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Man that sucks, a sprain can be worse than an actual fracture. Hopefully, it is just a minor sprain and you will recover quickly....still sucks.

I am so glad that I have rubber ankles. I remember chasing an escaped inmate down 4 flights of stairs and I just jumped down half a flight to make up some distance and my foot rolled over. Didn't hear a pop, but the officer behind me said that he saw the entire sole of boot and it made him ill.

Luckily, didn't cause any pain or damage at all. Of course, I was younger then and would probably be crippled now if that happened. Rolling Eyes 

Sounds like Epsom salt soaks and time off is in your future, but at least you could wrap it up and drive the truck to the job....maybe still supervise on crutches. Just take it EASY for awhile as they can have a boomerang effect.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most Empty Re: A lot of things suck, but Mondays suck the most

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 pm

In HS, I rolled my ankle a dozen times. Same one, right ankle. Sometimes I'd hear a crack. I'd just walk it off and be semi OK in a few minutes. Once I stepped on a Basketball; everyone heard it and thought"ER visit for sure", nope.
Now in my late 40s, I can feel it. Same with the wrist, knee, back and Butt(that one is from my kids).
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by procarpet Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm

I wish I got to take time off. Luckily yesterday I only had to do repairs and made my employee carry the toolbox. Had to use my left foot for braking, it hurt too bad to stop that big chevy van. Today we had 4 floors of long hallways and a dryout to wrap up, so lots of time on the feet and boy am I feeling it. Lots of bruising on the outside of my foot around the ankle. Anyways, thanks for the support guys. Its nice to have a place to vent and share my frustrations with.
procarpet
procarpet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Quit your moaning and go back to work!  lol! 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:19 pm

You are at least wearing a brace or taping it aren't you?

Plenty of soaking in epsom salts will help with that bruising, but you really do need to rest it.

You deserve the cleaners purple heart for working through it. sunny 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by procarpet Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:29 pm

lol the cleaners purple heart, thats a good one. Its braced and I broke out the high top jordans to work in. I really have nothing to complain about. Its hot, humid and my ankle hurts, but at the end of the day I live and work in Florida on the beach. How bad can life be? I am blessed, I set my own hours, take the jobs I want and leave the rest for the bottom feeders and I have a job I am passionate about. On top of that, how many other industries have a connection to their peers like we do and a direct line for help at any time? Again, I am lucky so whats a sore ankle with all of that?
procarpet
procarpet

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down