Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Online Reviews...

5 posters

Go down

Online Reviews... Empty Online Reviews...

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm curious if your experience with them is the same as mine?

I have customers tell me daily they will leave a review on Yelp for me, since they found me on Yelp after all. You would think easy enuf right?.....But in reality it seems there's a lot more more 'takers' than 'giver's'. From my experience, the reality is only about 5% (or less) people that say they will leave a review actual do........Some are very convincing, by saying things like "oh yes I leave reviews all the time, and will review leave you a review today!" And as sure as it sounds most times it never happens.

It's taken me well over 3 years, to get 42 reviews. That's hundreds of jobs done for people that find me on Yelp for that 42 reviews.

I just wonder if this is common across the nation?

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Online Reviews... Empty Re: Online Reviews...

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not displeased by Yelp or all the jobs I get from it, quiet the opposite if anything.

I'm just a bit discouraged by all the people they say they will do but don't.

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:23 pm

I would say that it is normal for all regions. It isn't just reviews on Yelp either. Angie's List, local business sites, and even just simple referrals all feature unfulfilled promises.

How many times do you have a customer ask for several business cards and promise to refer you to their friends, family, and co-workers? If I recovered 5% of those I would be shocked....so your responses on Yelp is probably pretty good.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Same here, but if you think about it, when you first posted last year you only had 10+ and since then you've gotten about 30 in the past year, that's good, I got over 100 in about 4 years, it's hard, I've tried everything from calling them after the service trying to get them to write something and they all kept saying oh yes I most definitely will and hardly ever did, I've had a few that finally did after 2 - 3 services and I kept reminding them to do it.
Try giving them small discount for their time to write something on there, that works a little better for me but it sucks when you gave them discount and yet they forgot all about it Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Yea, I did that discount thing for a review a few times, but after getting screwed the second time I gave up on it.

I figure they're going to do it or not regardless of discount or not.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:21 am

Pretty sure what you go through, everyone else does too.

But with Yelp, they may be filtering the reviews too. I have heard LOTS of negatives about Yelp filtering good reviews.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:07 am

Yes, and they had faced lawsuit too against them regarding review filtering but I believe they won it because that's part of their business practice to make sure the reviews stays legit, does it work perfectly ? No cause I got 40+ 5 stars reviews that they filtered out, but there's no perfect review sites out there, Angie's list is pretty close but people have to pay membership fees to look and write reviews, even Yelp that's free people still don't post reviews. It's tough for businesses.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 am

some times customers pull out a tip and I tell them the best way to tip us is to just leave a nice review.

seems to work.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 am

At some point I really want to start filming the transaction's end and just posting the customers comments on-line. I think they would all be willing to give comments right then instead of having to go on-line to a review site and leaving comments later.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Video testimonials are a great idea Rob.

Just remember though, people may not value them quite as high, as a review from someplace like Angie's or Yelp.
They are STILL an excellent way to build trust and value though.

If you really make a go of this, you may want to think of getting a "channel" on YouTube.

My plan for the upcoming year, (one thing I'm going to do, anyway) is to create a channel for my business. I will be developing another domain before spring. The new site will be most all videos, and little marketing text. I want to track numbers and bounce rates of my domains. I think something video driven, rather than sales/marketing/education in text form, will draw much better close rates.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Freemind1 wrote:Video testimonials are a great idea Rob.

Just remember though, people may not value them quite as high, as a review from someplace like Angie's or Yelp.
They are STILL an excellent way to build trust and value though.

If you really make a go of this, you may want to think of getting a "channel" on YouTube.

My plan for the upcoming year, (one thing I'm going to do, anyway) is to create a channel for my business. I will be developing another domain before spring. The new site will be most all videos, and little marketing text. I want to track numbers and bounce rates of my domains. I think something video driven, rather than sales/marketing/education in text form, will draw much better close rates.

I'm with you on this one....want to set up a channel to pump out testimonials and informational pieces to educate the customers on why they should consider me over the competition. I think people are far more visual these days and that you can build more trust with potential customers by presenting yourself in video form.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:28 am

You hit the nail on the head Rob.
This is EXACTLY why I am building another domain. I watch people everywhere viewing videos on their phones all the time.

The spoken word and visuals seem to ring with people more now, than reading something. I think it has become VERY apparent in the media (news) industry. People don't read the paper anymore, and most all news firms now have an app that news stories are linked to video.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down