Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Customer Reviews

+6
Pro Touch
Freemind1
ODIN
Fuzzsucker
milspec6
Jrod
10 posters

Go down

Customer Reviews Empty Customer Reviews

Post by Jrod Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 am

How do you encourage/ask a customer to post a review on your website or Google website?

Thanks,

Juan

Jrod

http://www.MyFamilyCarpetCare.com

Back to top Go down

Customer Reviews Empty Re: Customer Reviews

Post by milspec6 Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 am

Offer them a discount is one way.

Personally, I just tell them how important reviews are to my business and kindly ask if they would write a review. It sounds weak, but charm can go a long way in any industry. Does it always work, no, but I hate to pressure something like a review.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 pm

I agree w/ milspec. Just be nice and be patient and they will come eventually. I always mention at every job the work is 100% guaranteed, please call me with any concerns. Also I email my receipts to my customer and provide links to the places they can leave reviews in the email.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Freemind1 Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Just ask for them.

If you want to encourage them, offer them 5 or 10 bucks (cash or check) AFTER they have left you the review.

I will warn you though, if they are not the type that do reviews, some sites will kick their review off, as suspicious.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Ask every customer to leave a review if they are very happy or enthusiastic about your work. Stress that any review less than 5 stars or excellent doesn't really help. If you have under promised and over delivered there shouldn't be an issue. The conversion rate is slim, but the rewards are good.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:42 pm

I work off this.

When we had the client the paper copy invoice, we show them the QR code at the bottom of the invoice. Then point out on the invoice that they will receive 15% off their next service when they provide a review on "our" website. Remind them that the QR code links directly to our easy website review guide.

I rather the reviews on our site so some bots don't accidentally delete or lose them.

It has worked well for us. The key is to make it as easy as possible for them to leave the review. That's why the QR code works so well.

Oh and the discount for next service helps lock in their experience with your company in the future.
Customer Reviews Image_zpsfcf8c795
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaBeast Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 am

I did pick up a few reviews (and work) after my Christmas cards hit.

ThaBeast

http://monsterclean.us

Back to top Go down

Post by the freakin deacon Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:23 am

Send a survey, offer an incentive.

For years we used to offer a $25 gift cert. off their next service. Frankly we've found a $5 Tim Horton's card works every bit as well, for $20 less.

Always be sure to ask permission to use their name and comments in your promo materials as to avoid hot water later.
the freakin deacon
the freakin deacon

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:42 am

Joe Bristor wrote:I'm sure a lot of guys must buy their testimonials. Based on their character (or lack of it) I doubt their cleaning is any better.  I guess money talks so if you really want them, buy them.

I like the natural way, let them come in as they may, unsolicited, handwritten or typed.
Even a little Post-it Note taped to your check is super genuine imo.  
I had a notebook with all of mine, laminated like little trophies. Yes, some were mere Post-It notes. I was proud of every one of them.  
Only got maybe 35 in all over 15-20 years but when I showed that notebook to new people, I got the job.

To me, if a guy showed up to work and had a notebook of testis and only had one in there, I'd hire him before I'd hire a 'company' who came without that notebook; rather a bunch of Angie testimonials cuz I'd know they were bought, whereas the guy with the one letter, he mighta just actually earned it.

One carpet store I worked for had a notebook of testis, over 500 of them and almost all of them were written about the Installer, not the sales guy or the owner. Made total sense to me.
People appreciate sweat way more than fast talk.

Now, I get little thank you notes from you guys and that means a lot to me.  
think I'll start another notebook.   

Most people Joe don't understand the power of the pen. Their lives are filled with just that "their lives". When good folks understand the power of their pen they will write. We live in a different world today, look at all the media people watch. Be it news, sitcoms, movies. Print media. It's ALL about "self". Today we are forced to initiate the power of the pen. Call it buying if you like, but the world is screwed up bro. Those of us who value the labor and care given from the performer are one in the same. We all understand what it takes to get to the ends. So we constantly use the power of the pen. Most people assume that we open our doors and it just happens, people walk in, phone rings, monies exchanged, and so on.

It's hard finding client to engage in the power of the pen, that's why we all listen for those small signs from our clients that give us the opportunity to suggest the use of "their pen".

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:46 pm

If you really want to know how the customer views your service, it is very simple. How do they act when you are there working will tell you everything.
If they value you, they offer you a drink when it's hot. Maybe they even help move something. Maybe they carry on a conversation as you work. Maybe they offer you some food. Maybe they shake your hand and say thank you when they hand you the check. That is when you know you are valued.

Compare that to the other customers. You know the type, they leave the room when you arrive. They ask you "how much longer". They complain about the noise. They warn you to "be careful" and they roll their eyes at the price.

I only work for people that value my efforts and let the franchises have the others. Seriously, I don't need the irritation and I have walked out of many homes when I meet number two. It is a poor way to run a business, which is why I have to keep a second job, but it is the only way I work.

As a result, my business is based on referrals from those that value my service. I can live with the negative opinions of those that I will not work for....their friends wouldn't have liked me anyway. I don't feel that testimonials from people that you never met hold much value compared to the referrals from people that they do.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down